90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

New topic for 90 day reporting for 2014 Previous version here - 90 Day Reporting Comments & Experiences V1

This is to post your comments, experiences and questions for the 90 day reporting at CM immigration. The pinned topic, 90 Day Report - Procedures, outlines the requirements.

Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm the first for the new year to give my 90 day report experience.

Parked at the airport at the far corner where it is a short walk to immigration plus planned on stopping at Burger King on the way back. Once every 3 months is not too bad. And if some may not be aware, they have a McD there now.

Walked into immigration around 1:50 PM and probably only a little over half the chairs taken and nobody in line at the information desk. Went to the window to be greeted by the lovely curly hair girl, great smile and personality, and told her 90 days. She handed me the queue ticket and said with a smile I was next, nobody there. She slid over to the next chair at the same time I walked over to the window. Handed her all my documents and passport, stamp, stamp ,stamp and it was done. Probably around 60 seconds all in all. She is efficient.

I was really expecting a mass there as it was the first day after the long immigration holiday. Hope this is a sign of things to come for the new year. smile.png

• Like 1

Parked at the airport at the far corner where it is a short walk to immigration plus planned on stopping at Burger King on the way back. Once every 3 months is not too bad. And if some may not be aware, they have a McD there now.

I was really expecting a mass there as it was the first day after the long immigration holiday. Hope this is a sign of things to come for the new year. smile.png

Was the parking lot at the office full?

Edited by khrab

What a pointelss question.

"Tywais" was reporting on his good experience inside the immigration office, who cares whether the parking area was full or not, at least you know that there's an alternative.

What a pointelss question.

"Tywais" was reporting on his good experience inside the immigration office, who cares whether the parking area was full or not, at least you know that there's an alternative.

Because there is NO alternative for me!

Now get your brain cells in gear. Maybe you get the idea why....

Went to the window to be greeted by the lovely curly hair girl, great smile and personality

She's a darling, isn't she. Also see her mingling amid the rabble (us lot) on occasion, speaking Korean (possibly also Chinese). Could do with a few more like her there.

Thanks for update.

Being a long time customer to CM IMMI today for the first time I had the pleasure to encounter the "curley girl". (Well, she is actually a "perm girl")

As the trip to IMMI CM is a 120km (v.v.) journey for me, the motorcycle is not an option.

So I always time my arrivals shortly before the end of the lunch break. Chances are to get a parking spot immediately.

Must have been the tail winds or so today that I entered the office already at 12h30. I spotted HER behind the information counter. smile.png

Approached her and asked politely for two numbers. (I needed a re-entry permit too). Her answer: "No." [Me silently: "WHAT?"].

"Come over here I do it right now" [During the lunch break.] She moved over to the 90-days-desk, I handed my papers and when she tucked the slip in my passport is was still 12h30!

I was very suprised. Then she said: "Where are your re-entry-permit-papers?" I said here and showed them. She grapped them and said "I will give them to the thick man." ["Thick man" is of course the older officer dealing with the re-entries.]

At 12h45 the "thick man" came back to his desk and started working on my re-entry-permit.

As the re-entry is a different subject, my report ends here.

• Like 2

Just like Khrap, went in today, in my case about 1:30. Several spaces in the parking lot---I parked just outside the entrance to the office. In and out in less than 5 minutes, the easiest 90 day report I've had in years!

It sounds as if they have really started to get their act together and it's amazing the difference just one pleasant, curly haired girl with a smile seems to have made. The only downside is hearing of people using disabled car parking spaces, not just here but everywhere in Chiang Mai. I wish the BIB would really sock it to these lazy, inconsiderate good for nothings! (you know who you are) wink.png

• Like 2

I was there last week and its amazing how different my experience was. I got the girl with the short hair.

Show up at 13:00 and showed her my paperwork. She then said I had to return the following day at 7:00am. The place was half empty and I asked if something could be done that day. NO !

Returned the following day at 6:45am, in line for 45 minutes then handed a laminated card with number 49 on it. Waited for 40 minutes for my number to be called and then the girl at the information desk looked at my papers and stapled number 245 on it and told me to return after 13:30.

Back again and waited, finally number called, paperwork processed and waited another 45 minutes for my passport and receipt.

Its not as efficient as others who have been luckier claim to be. Just saying.

Was that for 90 day report or for an extension of stay, as this topic is for the 90 day reporting? Find it hard to believe that it was for a 90 day report that they required you to come back the next day. That is pretty normal though for annual extension of stay as they have a finite queue for it.

It was definitely not 90-days-reporting because his passport went into the back office which never happens with the 90days.

Was that for 90 day report or for an extension of stay, as this topic is for the 90 day reporting? Find it hard to believe that it was for a 90 day report that they required you to come back the next day. That is pretty normal though for annual extension of stay as they have a finite queue for it.

It was definitely not 90-days-reporting because his passport went into the back office which never happens with the 90days.

Ah, yes - missed that part. So just a reminder this is for 90 day report experiences. For others you can use the topic Immigration On-Line Queue System for other experiences. No posts in that topic yet so I will allow some flexibility for reporting annual extension experiences.

Being a long time customer to CM IMMI today for the first time I had the pleasure to encounter the "curley girl". (Well, she is actually a "perm girl")

As the trip to IMMI CM is a 120km (v.v.) journey for me, the motorcycle is not an option.

So I always time my arrivals shortly before the end of the lunch break. Chances are to get a parking spot immediately.

Must have been the tail winds or so today that I entered the office already at 12h30. I spotted HER behind the information counter. smile.png

Approached her and asked politely for two numbers. (I needed a re-entry permit too). Her answer: "No." [Me silently: "WHAT?"].

"Come over here I do it right now" [During the lunch break.] She moved over to the 90-days-desk, I handed my papers and when she tucked the slip in my passport is was still 12h30!

I was very suprised. Then she said: "Where are your re-entry-permit-papers?" I said here and showed them. She grapped them and said "I will give them to the thick man." ["Thick man" is of course the older officer dealing with the re-entries.]

At 12h45 the "thick man" came back to his desk and started working on my re-entry-permit.

From your post, I conclude the following:

1. Best time to go is right before the lunch break

2. Their lunch break ends at 12:30pm

Am I correct?

Did my first 90 Report at Chiang Mai Immigration today. Arrived at 1:30 pm and waited 45 minutes for my number to be called. The guy asked for proof of residence, which is understandable since my last report was at Chonburi/Pattaya. Gave him a copy of my rental contract and I was good to go.

The curly hair girl was there, laughing and joking with everybody; wish there were more like her :)

From your post, I conclude the following:

1. Best time to go is right before the lunch break

2. Their lunch break ends at 12:30pm

Am I correct?

I might not have been clear!

For me it is the best time to arrive around 12h30 -12h45 because the official lunch break is from 12h00 - 13h00 and the parking lot is a little less packed at that time. Chances are higher to find a spot for my car. . (By the way it is the same with ALL government offices.)

In 5 years I have never seen the office so empty and it is within high season, but the parking lots seemed same....same.

I was there this morning, arrived around 9.45 and I was out before 9.46. No line, straight up to the counter and saw the friendly smiling curly haired lady in which people speak of. She quickly flicked through the photo copies stamped and signed my form and I was back in the car and home by 10.05. Oh and yes I even got a parking space on the grounds.

Edited by chooka

Yesterday I arrived at 7:05, was number 58. I got number 508 (8) for 90 days and after they started at 8:30 I was done at 8:45. The curly haired girl was there and started listening to some American hardcore bands, when i looked over, she said "Sorry, it makes me work faster" Awesome girl. I laughed and told her some band names as I also work faster with heavy metal blaring.

I have a question about a "new fee" of 800 baht for doing a 90 day report. This was in Nakhon Phanom, so if I'm in the wrong site just delete this.

For the last 6 years I've done the 90 day without any fees. This year though I was out of the country when my retirement visa expired and had to get a new one before returning the middle of September. My first 90 day report was due on 14 December. When I went in on the 17th the Immigration officer said that I would have to pay 800 baht in order to be entered into their computer system. She said that my first 90 day report had to be entered into the computer so that my wife could find me if I was sick in a hospital somewhere. I asked her to provide me proof of this. "Show me this new rule". She went into the back room and emerged 5 minutes later with another Immigration officer who had the Immigration handbook opened to a page for me to read. After reading what they showed me, I said this has nothing to do with what you just said. Things got a bit tense for a few minutes and then the Immigration officer handed me back my passport with everything set up for another 90 days in March. She told my wife that she would let me pay the fee next time.

Is there a new fee for your first 90 day report on a new retirement visa or was this another extortion attempt?

I have a question about a "new fee" of 800 baht for doing a 90 day report. This was in Nakhon Phanom, so if I'm in the wrong site just delete this.

For the last 6 years I've done the 90 day without any fees. This year though I was out of the country when my retirement visa expired and had to get a new one before returning the middle of September. My first 90 day report was due on 14 December. When I went in on the 17th the Immigration officer said that I would have to pay 800 baht in order to be entered into their computer system. She said that my first 90 day report had to be entered into the computer so that my wife could find me if I was sick in a hospital somewhere. I asked her to provide me proof of this. "Show me this new rule". She went into the back room and emerged 5 minutes later with another Immigration officer who had the Immigration handbook opened to a page for me to read. After reading what they showed me, I said this has nothing to do with what you just said. Things got a bit tense for a few minutes and then the Immigration officer handed me back my passport with everything set up for another 90 days in March. She told my wife that she would let me pay the fee next time.

Is there a new fee for your first 90 day report on a new retirement visa or was this another extortion attempt?

Move to Chiangmai, it is a quick painless operation with zero fees..

Well, this is more of a question than a comment! (Sorry if it's in the wrong place.....)

I'm wondering if the info provided regarding the 90 day report procedure BY POST, as posted by Tywais (back in 2012) is still current and functions ok?

Normally, I make the trip to CM to do my 90 day report. No fuss and we try to make a day out of it.

This time around I have a health problem - and I'd rather not have to make the long trip if I can help it. Just this once, I'd like to do the 90 day BY POST, if possible.

Too, I'm aware that Immi rules have a habit of changing at short notice (if any notice at all!) - hence this post.

The Tywais link HERE http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Thanks for any helpful info smile.png

Went in yesterday and it took an hour. Not sure what was going on. Got there at 1:10 got my number right away and I was 84 . the board had 60 on it. There was two gals talking with no body at the counter. I went up and asked if their was a problem and they said lunch. I said OK. in about five minutes one sat down. She was new I had never seen her before. She started calling them the first number she called was 561 then the next one was 566 she real fast5 got up to 576 and then started calling them in order.

When I got up there it was a bit strange she checked my papers which were all in order and gave them to the girl at the desk behind her who seemed to have quite o few of them and she Oked them. I noticed that there was a lady standing there with three passports in her hand. I saw the lady at the back desk hand over a hand full of ones she had Oked and every one had a passport. I just assumed that they were being brought in by agents as the last I had heard even if you used an agent you had to have a passport not a copy.

I believe that there was one of the workers sick and just a trainee on the job. Still I was out of there in one hour and they had handled 84 90 day reports at that point not bad.

Did my 90 day report this afternoon which wasn't as quick or pleasant as my last one. Although I arrived around the same time as my report in early November, at 1:30 pm, the room was crowded with standing room only, and not much of that either. The outside area was also packed, most of the tables occupied.

Last time I was in and out in about 5 minutes but this afternoon the process took about 35 minutes, most of the time waiting for my number to come up. I'm surprised it was so crowded today. Next time I'll go later in the week and hope for less people.

Did my 90 day report this afternoon which wasn't as quick or pleasant as my last one. Although I arrived around the same time as my report in early November, at 1:30 pm, the room was crowded with standing room only, and not much of that either. The outside area was also packed, most of the tables occupied.
Last time I was in and out in about 5 minutes but this afternoon the process took about 35 minutes, most of the time waiting for my number to come up. I'm surprised it was so crowded today. Next time I'll go later in the week and hope for less people.

You have to admit we may be getting a bit spoiled smile.png But that is a good sign.

Given your standing room only & outside packed description, 35 min is pretty dang good for any

government office task in the world smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1