90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

It's not the waiting time that's so unpleasant but the environment. Small hot noisy packed room. A larger space with sufficient seating would be nice. And with air conditioning I might even look forward to prolonged Immigration visits.

It's not the waiting time that's so unpleasant but the environment. Small hot noisy packed room. A larger space with sufficient seating would be nice. And with air conditioning I might even look forward to prolonged Immigration visits.

Have to agree with you there

That room is really undersized for the tasks at hand ;)

Could be worse ,imagine working there biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Did my 90 day report today Tuesday 18 Feb 2014

Arrived just before 8 am and joined a short queue for a number. This was delayed by about 5 mins due to the National Anthem and whilst someone (Myanmar I think) was complaining to the staff behind the counter, he was dealt with very civily though.

Form and papers checked, I got number 508.

They started just before 8:30.

Receipt of notification, which is now printed by computer, and was timed at 08:37:29

A quick and painless process today...

Went in yesterday at 2 PM, #670 being served, I received # 671 and out in 10 minutes in spite of dealing with two newbie's w/o #'s. Place was jam packed standing room only, inside and out. Curly haired girl was friendly and efficient. Upon congratulating me for having perfectly completed paperwork I told her I had been doing this every three month's for 12 years and she suggested I apply for residency so I would no longer have to do it. I told her when she became Prime Minister I would consider it. Big smile !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody do their 90 day report within the seven day late grace period lately? Thought I saw a post a while back where someone was fined for being past the date on the slip by just a few days. Hoping I can go in one day late (one day past the stamped date) with no fine.

Anybody do their 90 day report within the seven day late grace period lately? Thought I saw a post a while back where someone was fined for being past the date on the slip by just a few days. Hoping I can go in one day late (one day past the stamped date) with no fine.

Yes. No ploblem.

You can go seven days later that the stamp on the slip or your last entry (90+7 days).

This January for the first time I went "late" to stretch the periode a little bit until my upcoming trip abroad. Worked perfectly

By the way. The curley girld serviced me.

Edited by khrab
  • Like 1

Sad. I wonder that they don't reach meltdown more often. What an awful place to work. Visitors complain about a few periodic visits annually; they have to be there every day!!

From both observation and secondhand report, I know even the now-fabled "curly-haired girl" has some bad hair days, but I have never heard of a meltdown (if she is the one referred to--- and I doubt it).

By the way, who came up with that awful patronizing nickname for her? If anything --- to still be somewhat patronizing --- be glad that so many immigration officers happen to be women. Otherwise, I have seen such obnoxious farang there who, had they been served by a male officer, might have received a punch in their piggish snouts.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

Went there yesterday,left till late thinking I might get a parking space,

it was 3.15 and the place was full, so sent the wife in to get ticket,while

I drove around the car park,waiting for a space,about 15-20 mins later

managed to get a space.

Went inside and she had number 638 ? i think it was, 15 numbers to go,

the place was like the black hole of Calcutta,the air was thick,with the

smell of sweat and other body odors,not a healthy place to be.by the

time i got my passport back they had got to 700+ !,glad i only have to

go every 90 days, working there must be like hell.

regards Worgeordie

Sad. I wonder that they don't reach meltdown more often. What an awful place to work. Visitors complain about a few periodic visits annually; they have to be there every day!!

From both observation and secondhand report, I know even the now-fabled "curly-haired girl" has some bad hair days, but I have never heard of a meltdown (if she is the one referred to--- and I doubt it).

By the way, who came up with that awful patronizing nickname for her? If anything --- to still be somewhat patronizing --- be glad that so many immigration officers happen to be women. Otherwise, I have seen such obnoxious farang there who, had they been served by a male officer, might have received a punch in their piggish snouts.

I think what would be "sad" is having to spend the rest of your life working in the rice fields, or sweat shops. People assigned to immigration, are government officers with health and pension benefits not to mention a decent salary.

• Like 1

managed to get a space.

regards Worgeordie

Thank goodness I use the visa company to do it for me money well spent I would say. The service from Assist Thai visa is second to none.

managed to get a space.

regards Worgeordie

Thank goodness I use the visa company to do it for me money well spent I would say. The service from Assist Thai visa is second to none.

1508618.GIF

managed to get a space.

regards Worgeordie

How long do you have to wait to get your passport back from them from the moment you hand it to them to the moment they hand it beck to you. What is the cost?

For those that reside in Lampang, 90 Day reports can be done at the old city police station, 3rd floor, every Tuesday. Officers in attendance advise to call them on the Monday to confirm what time they expect to arrive from CNX. If you need their phone numbers, they are available at the police station, alternatively, PM me.

Cheers

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Real pain today and nothing to do with immigration. The last 3 times I went I always parked at the very far most corner of the airport nearest immigration and the lot in that are essentially empty. Not today, spent 20 minutes driving around and around looking and ended up in the farthest most parking spot from immigration I could find, nearly a kilometer away. Don't know what's up with so many cars there today. Nearly decided to just leave but coming back another day there is no certainty it won't be the same.

Walked to immigration and went to the queue window with no one in line and promptly got a queue card. Number was already up over the window so just stepped up and two minutes later was done and the long walk back to the car. No, there were no parking spaces available and the gas station seems to be an uncertainty they will allow you there. Besides, I stop at the airport to pick up a Burger King as a luxury. No, not a regular of fast food, once every 90 days. biggrin.png I had worked up quite a sweat and shirt was soaking so was embarrassed as the security lady patted me down.

Started off from work at 2:00 PM probably arrived at immigration around 2:30-2:45.

• 3 weeks later...

What days are they open during the Songkran week (This week) tried to call but no answer

They'll be open again starting tomorrow.

And what, potentially, a day it will be.Possibly all attendance records will be broken...good luck to all those who don't have the option to wait.

Went on friday to my 1 yr extn. Turned up at 6am. Doors opened at 7am I got 9th in the queue. 3rd for my particular desk. Was out the door my 9.30am. Very happy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What days are they open during the Songkran week (This week) tried to call but no answer

And what, potentially, a day it will be.Possibly all attendance records will be broken...good luck to all those who don't have the option to wait.

Looking at post 53 that was not the case although wrong thread as 1 year extension as opposed to 90 days.

I just returned from my 90 day check-in. My first time. Only two things I didn't know: Get your number from the middle counter once you are in the correct building, which is easy to find. I was standing a little too close to the counter to see the INFORMATION sign, and expected it to be by the door...I made a signal with my hands for a ticket and was pointed to the right spot, where I told them it was for 90 day check-in. Barely had enough time to sign my copies and my number was called. Uni student took my stuff, item by item, everything was fined...I did it exactly as it was explained here. Then she says I can't do it until 3 May (I arrived on 3 February), I told her that it was day 79, and I could do it 15 days early, that was about when she was pointing to the sign on the counter that said 15 early or 7 late. Then she nodded, just a brain fart on her part. She clipped and stapled (my departure card back into the passport..which I removed for photocopy), passed it over to the four star lady, and I was on my way in a minute. Others were having difficulty, with a lot of frowns and pained expressions, doing the back and forth to the copy center in the back.....It was easier than my easiest trip ever to Division of Motor Vehicles in America. Was looking for the curly haired one...but didn't see her. I was expecting more trouble on a Monday afternoon.....smooth sailing. Wore shorts and a golf shirt.......Oh, the other thing....by going early, the 90 day clock starts ticking immediately; so basically I forfeited 11 days...unless she screwed up, but my paper says 19 July....the black and white copy of my arrival stamp was a little dark, but it was readable...no pompom. I printed 2 copies of the PDF linked on TV...filled one out, and had a blank for a back-up...2 THB well spent. So, do 15 minutes of preparation, and save yourself an hour, some THB, and a fookin' headache....and something I learned from when I started going to the horse races a long time ago; bring your own ball point pen......and that is always handy in Techelek, too. Can save you five minutes or more....

"by going early, the 90 day clock starts ticking immediately; so basically I forfeited 11 days...unless she screwed up,"

No screw up. It is 90 days from the time you report not from the original 90 day report.

• Like 1

Looking at post 53 that was not the case although wrong thread as 1 year extension as opposed to 90 days.

Went on Thursday and bugger all doing the 90 day thing, in and out in 5 minutes just one in front of me at 1.30 p.m

Parking was a bit of problem at 3 pm yesterday with a few laps of the lot before finding a spot. No such problem for large, black Mercedes which slid into the disabled spot without the benefit of a disabled permit. Curiously there was a badge displaying the scales of justice attached to the grill of the car. It seemed the scales were tipped in the driver's favor.

The report was a cinch, some sort of record for me. I didn't have time to sit down before my number was called.

I just returned from my 90 day check-in. My first time. Only two things I didn't know: Get your number from the middle counter once you are in the correct building, which is easy to find. I was standing a little too close to the counter to see the INFORMATION sign, and expected it to be by the door...I made a signal with my hands for a ticket and was pointed to the right spot, where I told them it was for 90 day check-in. Barely had enough time to sign my copies and my number was called. Uni student took my stuff, item by item, everything was fined...I did it exactly as it was explained here. Then she says I can't do it until 3 May (I arrived on 3 February), I told her that it was day 79, and I could do it 15 days early, that was about when she was pointing to the sign on the counter that said 15 early or 7 late. Then she nodded, just a brain fart on her part. She clipped and stapled (my departure card back into the passport..which I removed for photocopy), passed it over to the four star lady, and I was on my way in a minute. Others were having difficulty, with a lot of frowns and pained expressions, doing the back and forth to the copy center in the back.....It was easier than my easiest trip ever to Division of Motor Vehicles in America. Was looking for the curly haired one...but didn't see her. I was expecting more trouble on a Monday afternoon.....smooth sailing. Wore shorts and a golf shirt.......Oh, the other thing....by going early, the 90 day clock starts ticking immediately; so basically I forfeited 11 days...unless she screwed up, but my paper says 19 July....the black and white copy of my arrival stamp was a little dark, but it was readable...no pompom. I printed 2 copies of the PDF linked on TV...filled one out, and had a blank for a back-up...2 THB well spent. So, do 15 minutes of preparation, and save yourself an hour, some THB, and a fookin' headache....and something I learned from when I started going to the horse races a long time ago; bring your own ball point pen......and that is always handy in Techelek, too. Can save you five minutes or more....

What gets me is the people who are unprepared go back to the photo shop come back and get right in the head of the line..

Not that it is an inconvenience now since they have speeded up the service but when it was a long wait it was disturbing for me. I don't know how others felt about it.