90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

I just returned from my 90 day check-in. My first time. Only two things I didn't know: Get your number from the middle counter once you are in the correct building, which is easy to find. I was standing a little too close to the counter to see the INFORMATION sign, and expected it to be by the door...I made a signal with my hands for a ticket and was pointed to the right spot, where I told them it was for 90 day check-in. Barely had enough time to sign my copies and my number was called. Uni student took my stuff, item by item, everything was fined...I did it exactly as it was explained here. Then she says I can't do it until 3 May (I arrived on 3 February), I told her that it was day 79, and I could do it 15 days early, that was about when she was pointing to the sign on the counter that said 15 early or 7 late. Then she nodded, just a brain fart on her part. She clipped and stapled (my departure card back into the passport..which I removed for photocopy), passed it over to the four star lady, and I was on my way in a minute. Others were having difficulty, with a lot of frowns and pained expressions, doing the back and forth to the copy center in the back.....It was easier than my easiest trip ever to Division of Motor Vehicles in America. Was looking for the curly haired one...but didn't see her. I was expecting more trouble on a Monday afternoon.....smooth sailing. Wore shorts and a golf shirt.......Oh, the other thing....by going early, the 90 day clock starts ticking immediately; so basically I forfeited 11 days...unless she screwed up, but my paper says 19 July....the black and white copy of my arrival stamp was a little dark, but it was readable...no pompom. I printed 2 copies of the PDF linked on TV...filled one out, and had a blank for a back-up...2 THB well spent. So, do 15 minutes of preparation, and save yourself an hour, some THB, and a fookin' headache....and something I learned from when I started going to the horse races a long time ago; bring your own ball point pen......and that is always handy in Techelek, too. Can save you five minutes or more....

What gets me is the people who are unprepared go back to the photo shop come back and get right in the head of the line..

Not that it is an inconvenience now since they have speeded up the service but when it was a long wait it was disturbing for me. I don't know how others felt about it.

John, yes, that can be a delay, as they don't have to get a new number. Post Offices operate the same way....people go off to the side and do the stuff they should have done before, then cut back to the front of the line. Also, a short, fat Thao woman, who must have been a visa agent, approached the desk without a number (I believe), and handed them two bright red passports. The four star lady still got me out of there first, but the visa lady seemed to think it made her real special....whatever, 100 thb per hour Hi-So, LOL. I had quite a bit longer wait at BKK Bank last Friday, and that wasn't real bad, either. But, as most have pointed out, this is not one of the truly painful/bribe paying events in LOS, so paying an agent to do this is a big waste of money, but I guess it's cool to be able to tell other farangs over a large Chang that you are so well to do; you don't have to do your own 10 minute trip to immigration, and of course they are giving Ms. Somsuk a feeling of self worth, too.

I just returned from my 90 day check-in. My first time. Only two things I didn't know: Get your number from the middle counter once you are in the correct building, which is easy to find. I was standing a little too close to the counter to see the INFORMATION sign, and expected it to be by the door...I made a signal with my hands for a ticket and was pointed to the right spot, where I told them it was for 90 day check-in. Barely had enough time to sign my copies and my number was called. Uni student took my stuff, item by item, everything was fined...I did it exactly as it was explained here. Then she says I can't do it until 3 May (I arrived on 3 February), I told her that it was day 79, and I could do it 15 days early, that was about when she was pointing to the sign on the counter that said 15 early or 7 late. Then she nodded, just a brain fart on her part. She clipped and stapled (my departure card back into the passport..which I removed for photocopy), passed it over to the four star lady, and I was on my way in a minute. Others were having difficulty, with a lot of frowns and pained expressions, doing the back and forth to the copy center in the back.....It was easier than my easiest trip ever to Division of Motor Vehicles in America. Was looking for the curly haired one...but didn't see her. I was expecting more trouble on a Monday afternoon.....smooth sailing. Wore shorts and a golf shirt.......Oh, the other thing....by going early, the 90 day clock starts ticking immediately; so basically I forfeited 11 days...unless she screwed up, but my paper says 19 July....the black and white copy of my arrival stamp was a little dark, but it was readable...no pompom. I printed 2 copies of the PDF linked on TV...filled one out, and had a blank for a back-up...2 THB well spent. So, do 15 minutes of preparation, and save yourself an hour, some THB, and a fookin' headache....and something I learned from when I started going to the horse races a long time ago; bring your own ball point pen......and that is always handy in Techelek, too. Can save you five minutes or more....

What gets me is the people who are unprepared go back to the photo shop come back and get right in the head of the line..

Not that it is an inconvenience now since they have speeded up the service but when it was a long wait it was disturbing for me. I don't know how others felt about it.

My personal opinion is, if you are unprepared and don't have all your documents then you get another number and go to the back of the line.

My personal opinion is, if you are unprepared and don't have all your documents then you get another number and go to the back of the line.

Are you all still talking about 90 day reporting ? Last time I made my Notification just a few weeks ago, the officer waved away my prepared TM47 and passport copies. Looked up my passport details on their PC, printed out my details, I signed the print-out, and he clipped to my passport.

Are you all still talking about 90 day reporting ? Last time I made my Notification just a few weeks ago, the officer waved away my prepared TM47 and passport copies. Looked up my passport details on their PC, printed out my details, I signed the print-out, and he clipped to my passport.

Did my notification just last Thursday and had to have all my documentation. I even have the barcode in my passport which was suppose to streamline things but they don't even look at that now

Chiang Mai hasn't caught up with that though, over a year ago they put a barcode in my passport but they still require all the paper including TM47.

Did my notification just last Thursday and had to have all my documentation. I even have the barcode in my passport which was suppose to streamline things but they don't even look at that now

Why am I not surprised. I am reading very mixed reports on Notification (90 day) reporting. As usual, much depends on the processing officer. That's why I presented all my paperwork/copies. I guess after many many years living here in Thailand I just comply comply every time I am compelled to visit Thai Immigration.

Chiang Mai hasn't caught up with that though, over a year ago they put a barcode in my passport but they still require all the paper including TM47.

When I did my last yearly extension I was talking with the officer and he said they will never use it. It was an idea of some big chief that didn't work so in order for him to not loose face they continued to put them on. Maybe some day they will figure it out. I am not going to hold my breath and I will continue to take in copies out of passport and the application form. It would be nice to have it the way onthedarkside got his done. Maybe it is a new idea they were test driving. After all the 90 day is a ridicules thing any how.

Screw that. Once in a while, one might forget to copy just one page or the copy is not good enough to satisfy them. Having to go to the back of the line for a very minor mistake might result in someone going completely postal.

Melvin+Mole+w+machine+gun+MAD%232.jpg

Screw that. Once in a while, one might forget to copy just one page or the copy is not good enough to satisfy them. Having to go to the back of the line for a very minor mistake might result in someone going completely postal.

Melvin+Mole+w+machine+gun+MAD%232.jpg

I agree not all retiree's are desirables. That is why they come to Thailand for the welcome the Thais give them.

Who upset the 90 day young lady?

I did my 90 day at about 2 this afternoon and she didn't make eye contact, quickly scribbled, stamped and tore, then threw the passport on the desk, just nodding, head down to the 'thankyou'...........

Edited by NotEinstein

I've removed a couple of OTT off topic posts referring to this as a 'useless thread'. I'm sure some find current information on reporting 90 day reporting experiences useful and keeps members up on any sudden changes to what is going on.

I've removed a couple of OTT off topic posts referring to this as a 'useless thread'. I'm sure some find current information on reporting 90 day reporting experiences useful and keeps members up on any sudden changes to what is going on.

Speaking strictly for myself (of course...), I'd have to agree wholeheartedly.

These are exactly the sort of threads that cause me to check in to Thaivisa in the first place: up-to-date, 'on the ground' information regarding issues that are likely to concern me personally.

As it is, I'm due for a 90 day report early next week, and recent postings in this thread have me feeling relatively sanguine about my chances of surviving the quarterly 'ordeal' without untoward complications.

As a matter of fact, the ONLY unresolved question I've got has to do with the issue of appropriate attire for the occasion. I haven't yet decided whether to go with the traditional singlet/shorts/flip flops approach or to reach even further back, to the timelessly 'classic' bare-breasted presentation!

Speaking strictly for myself (of course...), I'd have to agree wholeheartedly.

These are exactly the sort of threads that cause me to check in to Thaivisa in the first place: up-to-date, 'on the ground' information regarding issues that are likely to concern me personally.

As it is, I'm due for a 90 day report early next week, and recent postings in this thread have me feeling relatively sanguine about my chances of surviving the quarterly 'ordeal' without untoward complications.

As a matter of fact, the ONLY unresolved question I've got has to do with the issue of appropriate attire for the occasion. I haven't yet decided whether to go with the traditional singlet/shorts/flip flops approach or to reach even further back, to the timelessly 'classic' bare-breasted presentation!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have yet to dress any different for my appearance at immigration than I do for going to worrorot market or any place else in Chiang Mai. Never a problem. Mind you I do take a shower and shave before I go there and am as always polite. Never had a problem as long as I had my papers in order.wai.gif

I arrived yesterday afternoon at about 10 to 1 and went to get my ticket. As there was a lady at the desk ( the curly haired one that I think folks are so fond of) I asked if she could check and make sure I had the right papers ( its my first time so wanted to be sure I had everything in order and I was reporting on behalf of my daughter). As she took my papers my phone rang, but I declined the call and she thanked me for my good manners! She asked me to hand over my daughters passport, walked to her desk and completed the paper work then and there and returned them to me with a smile. I thanked her and as I was leaving she said 'next time you should bring your daughter'. I asked if I had made a mistake and she should be with me, but she grinned and said 'no but she's so cute I want to squeeze her face'! Altogether a thouroughly pleasant experience and I was sitting having a coffee in airport plaza by just after 1 pm.

As I've never done this before I can't comment on how it was before, but from my own experience and reading through this thread it seems like its a very simple and quick thing to do now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just returned from a few days in KL.

I'm on a Retirement extension, due for extension end of September.

I didn't think to check my passport after going thru Immigration, but when I got home I see its for only 30 days! Runs out July 02.

Is this a mistake on the officer's part, as I was so sure it would be a further 90 days? blink.png

I didn't think to check my passport after going thru Immigration, but when I got home I see its for only 30 days! Runs out July 02.

Is this a mistake on the officer's part, as I was so sure it would be a further 90 days? blink.png

Did you get a re-entry permit before you went?

Did you get a re-entry permit before you went?

yes, I have multiple re-entry

Appears you got a routine 30-day on arrival by air tourist stamp in error. This can be corrected either at the POA or more easily with a visit to the Chiang Mai Immigration office. One good reason to get this correction now is to avoid any confusion in case you wish to take a trip out of country again before you are due for an annual appointment for an extension of stay.

then its a mistake, go to immigration, be prepared that they require you return to port if entry for the correction to be made.

Before I got my retirement I had a 60 day 3 time entry visa. They made a mistake at Mai Si and only stamped it for 30 days. I went to immigration and like you said they told me to go back to Mai Si to get it corrected.

Edited by northernjohn

Hi,

I was at immi yesterday, 3rd June, to get yearly extension, re-entry permit, 90 days and reporting the loss of my depature TM6 card.

Had an appointment for !4:30.

I was called in at 14:45. Extension and 90 days were done in about 10 min. and I was told to wait for my passport. Then the lady who processed my application came out and said her superior wanted to know wether I had a rental agreement to proof my adress.

So I gave her a copy of my yellow book. Then waited at least another 45 min. before I got my passport back.

After copying the passport I applied for the re-entry permit, was out by 16:10. So sorting out everything took an hour and 40 min. (the place was jam packed)

Regarding the lost TM6 card they didn't give me a new one, but said I would get one when leaving the country !?

Appears you got a routine 30-day on arrival by air tourist stamp in error. This can be corrected either at the POA or more easily with a visit to the Chiang Mai Immigration office. One good reason to get this correction now is to avoid any confusion in case you wish to take a trip out of country again before you are due for an annual appointment for an extension of stay.

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Fortunately, the POA is at Chiang Mai airport, not far to go if Immigration require that I go there. Just have to weave my way around the various checkpoints.

Do I need any other paperwork? e.g Rental documents?

I went to Immigration at Chiang Mai Airport this morning. They were all smiles, asked me to wait 10 minutes, and a smiling official came out with my passport, and 90 days added.

No problems. Even gave me a chair to sit on! Must have been my old age. wai.gif

• Like 1

Regarding the lost TM6 card they didn't give me a new one, but said I would get one when leaving the country !?

In my experience they dont care much about lost TM6. I lost mine and did 2 extensions with no problems. I got a police report for it (as the immigration hotline advised me) but I was never asked for it at immigration.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday 2.45pm arrived straight in to a parking slot!

Obtained number from central desk, it was the next one called.

Left at 2.55pm

Surprisingly quiet considering it was Monday.

Next 90 day report coincides with "retirement" visa extension so should be plain sailing with online booking confirmed, maybe throw in reentry permit at the same time,hopefully!

I am also interested to know if you can mail in the 90 Day report<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is the mail in option still valid?

Thanks

I'm bumping this up to see if anyone has recent experiences with mail in.

I would also like to know if this is possible and where one would mail it?

Have seen this reported in forums in other areas but haven't seen it here.

Went in to do my 90 day report and this time they took my passport and scanned the bar code on the front passport page not the one they put in the back of the passport a few years ago. The bar code that is imprinted on the main page. Then just printed out the receipt. So a bit more automated now but a little surprised they can actually scan all country passport bar codes unless there is some international standard for it. Still have to give them a TM47 though.

If they would dispense with that and copies of the passport and just use the scan technique would save more time and trees. biggrin.png The new printed receipt. The top right corner, if you use an Android or iPhone bar code reader and scan it it shows the country and passport number. Just below the bar code is the printed text of the country and passport number.

post-566-0-32545200-1403086006_thumb.jpg

//edit - Will be getting a new passport soon so asked him what time should I come to have the stamps transferred. His answer, 6:30. Ouch!. smile.png