90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

Here is some good news for people finding it hard to make it to immigration. Today, officers at Chiang Mai Immigration said that the office does indeed handle 90-day reports by mail. In fact, I was shown registered mail being processed. The only practical advice offerred was to mail the documents two weeks in advance. There is no restriction on where you live other than the Chiang Mai office is the one at which you normally register.

Otherwise, the process was quite quick at the Chiang Mai office. Not much of a wait. Wait time does of course vary somewhat. People have various recommendations about when is the best time to go. Over the years I have come to favor mid- to late afternoon.

Edited by Mapguy

Here is some good news for people finding it hard to make it to immigration. Today, officers at Chiang Mai Immigration said that the office does indeed handle 90-day reports by mail. In fact, I was shown registered mail being processed. The only practical advice offerred was to mail the documents two weeks in advance. There is no restriction on where you live other than the Chiang Mai office is the one at which you normally register.

Otherwise, the process was quite quick at the Chiang Mai office. Not much of a wait. Wait time does of course vary somewhat. People have various recommendations about when is the best time to go. Over the years I have come to favor mid- to late afternoon.

Thanks for the update on mail ins. There have been queries about this but I had no definitive answer to give.

Doing my 90 day today, at the usual time of 3.30 pm it was unusually slow ,it took 20 minutes,15 more than normal.I can only attribute that to the absence of "Miss Curly".

who revolutionised the process plus someone (agent?) who jumped the queue without a number and had a fistful of passports.

My passport was not scanned as reported by Tywais, all done manually as usual

If the mail- in is working that's a bonus.

I was mistaken with my earlier report as I looked at my passport and there is no barcode on the photo page. I saw him put it in a machine face down in a recess below the desk so not sure what was being scanned. Just know shortly after the print out of the receipt came out. Did you get a printed out receipt or still the tear off at the bottom of the TM47?

Doing my 90 day today, at the usual time of 3.30 pm it was unusually slow ,it took 20 minutes,15 more than normal.I can only attribute that to the absence of "Miss Curly".

who revolutionised the process plus someone (agent?) who jumped the queue without a number and had a fistful of passports.

If the mail- in is working that's a bonus.

Time before last I had to get 2 numbers for both me and er indoors.

There was a guy there with a fistful of numbers, so I guess he was an agent. If they are now bypassing the number system and the likely booking up of online visa appointments not a good sign!

My passport wasn't scanned either, and I got the usual paper receipt stapled in the book.

Regarding agents, I did see a couple of suspicious sorts on my last visit going in and out of the information station gate, but no one was standing in line with stacks of passports to do the 90-day registration.

Otherwise, to get on to important matters, you should know that Miss Curly's perm has unraveled.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

Guest siamjourney

I realize they want you to go very early for a retirement extension if you don't have an online appointment. For some reason I've been lucky in the past and just gone in later in the morning and have always gotten an appointment number after 2-3 days of trying. I'm never in any rush and have plenty of time left before my deadline. Have things gotten much worse this year and there's no way to get a number unless you go at 7AM? A few years ago I even went in at 2:30PM and got a number.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know where to ask this, so here seems reasonable.

I read on another thread that immigration are getting people to locate their place of residence on google maps, and they mark it down. I live with my wife. I seem to remember there being a requirement on her to report that an alien (yes, I'm that ugly) is living with her. Is this correct? How does she do this? Is there an issue that she hasn't done this?

My wife owns the house we live in.

Yes she is required to report your living in her house. Immigration has a form that is simple, no fee, keep a copy for your and her records. Requires information from your passport. Used to be done at the building in back at the CM Immigration office where they did residence documents but may have been moved.

Probably some penalty for not having done it but they do not check, or in the past did not. So just report your move in date as the day before she submits the form, then she is not late and they have no problem with the paperwork.

• Like 1

Don't know where to ask this, so here seems reasonable.

I read on another thread that immigration are getting people to locate their place of residence on google maps, and they mark it down. I live with my wife. I seem to remember there being a requirement on her to report that an alien (yes, I'm that ugly) is living with her. Is this correct? How does she do this? Is there an issue that she hasn't done this?

My wife owns the house we live in.

Form TM30 can be found here - http://www.chiangmaiimm.com/th/-download/44-2011-11-12-22-06-54/61-2011-11-12-23-22-28.html

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=alienstay

• Like 1

Did my 90-day report this afternoon. Took a bit longer than usual but no big deal. One new thing though was the officer doing the reports now present you with an acknowledgment form containing all the overstay warnings and penalties. You add your name, passport number, and then sign it.

David

Did my 90-day report this afternoon. Took a bit longer than usual but no big deal. One new thing though was the officer doing the reports now present you with an acknowledgment form containing all the overstay warnings and penalties. You add your name, passport number, and then sign it.

David

I got it the last two times I extended my retirement extension...

David

I got it the last two times I extended my retirement extension...

Have never seen the form and 90 day reported a few days ago and never sighted at retirement extensions. Consistency is not exactly Immigrations strong point is it ?

I was in there, today, nothing was given to me. People were filling out the form at the counter.....kind of rude. Oh...I was asked for a copy of the Visa.....is that normal? That was after she accepted a downright crappy copy of my pp page, but I had another one on standby. Can I still do it by mail? BTW, the officer was very pleasant, and they were swarmed today....Figure at least 3 minutes per number in the reporting line.

I was in there, today, nothing was given to me. People were filling out the form at the counter.....kind of rude. Oh...I was asked for a copy of the Visa.....is that normal? That was after she accepted a downright crappy copy of my pp page, but I had another one on standby. Can I still do it by mail? BTW, the officer was very pleasant, and they were swarmed today....Figure at least 3 minutes per number in the reporting line.

Yes, you can do it by mail, as has been pointed out recently on this thread. The procedures are covered in a pinned thread above.

Surprising that, after a four-day weekend (!) that things moved as quickly as they apparently did today. Certainly lines everywhere at government offices.

Regarding what is needed, just check the pinned thread above!

Edited by Mapguy

Yes she is required to report your living in her house. Immigration has a form that is simple, no fee, keep a copy for your and her records. Requires information from your passport. Used to be done at the building in back at the CM Immigration office where they did residence documents but may have been moved.

Probably some penalty for not having done it but they do not check, or in the past did not. So just report your move in date as the day before she submits the form, then she is not late and they have no problem with the paperwork.

The office is located further back on the site in a different building. Just go straight back from the photocopy kiosk. They have the necessary forms there. Just provide copies of the usual passport pages and proof of "host" residence (which can be a lot of things). It is not difficult, but you might get a few rolled eyes from the officers on duty if registration was delayed.

did my 90 day report today, approx 2 mins, and i was on my waybiggrin.png my super visa agent takes care of the rest,some gal she issmile.png

no sewer dept visits ever for me. may the good lord let it continue

a nice evening to allbiggrin.png

Wife's 90 days due today or thereabouts.

Her agent dropped her off at Airport Plaza to have a coffee about 11.05am

Agent arrived at immigration at 11.15am, q currently on 578, agent handed q number 579. Went immediately to counter 5 to complete procedure, left immigration at 11.19am.

Agent the joined er indoors for coffee at 11.30am.

Total charge - THBzero, apart from cost of coffee!

3 month ago I was equally lucky. Went in, officer gave me the number and the number was shown immediatly at counter 2. Take me 2 or 3 minutes. Yesterday I shown up about the same time, 1.15 p.m., and unfortunatly same procedure costs me 2 hours.

3 month ago I was equally lucky. Went in, officer gave me the number and the number was shown immediatly at counter 2. Take me 2 or 3 minutes. Yesterday I shown up about the same time, 1.15 p.m., and unfortunatly same procedure costs me 2 hours.

Timing is very important.

You went 15 minutes after the afternoon opening, one of the worst times to go. Almost as bad as 8.30am.

Chances are, if you had arrived at 3.45 - 4.30 pm you would have had hardly any waiting.

You went 15 minutes after the afternoon opening, one of the worst times to go. Almost as bad as 8.30am.

Chances are, if you had arrived at 3.45 - 4.30 pm you would have had hardly any waiting.

This has been mentioned a 100 times on this forum. Nearing 4pm you will be no longer than 10 minutes and you might even crack a car parking spot.

This has been mentioned a 100 times on this forum. Nearing 4pm you will be no longer than 10 minutes and you might even crack a car parking spot.

Absolute rubbish. Definitely no more than 99 times!

• Like 1

This is the form they are having you sign. I don't know what the point is, since ignorance of the law is no excuse, but still, for those planning to break the law, here are the consequences if you get caught or turn yourself in:

post-165256-0-90535800-1405739393_thumb.

I was there on the 16th for my 90 day reporting and it was the longest that it has ever taken me in the last 6 or 7 years. I was there for 2 hrs or maybe a little more. I got there about 1:30-1:45 pm as I always do and was there until almost 4:00 pm.... The queue was at 609 and they gave me number 652..... There was many times the queue didn't move a single number for 10 or 15 mins..... and then it would race through 6 or 7 numbers.

I never had to sign or fill out any additional form that has been mentioned but the woman who did mine looked at my visa and told me it was going to expire on July 29th. I said I know, I will be in next week to renew. She informed me that they are now allowing you to renew your visa up to 45 days before the old one expires. That was new information to me because years ago I went to renew with like 3 weeks left and they said to come back when it's within 2 weeks..... Never did like waiting until the last minute.

BTW, I wish they would fix the audio (English) for the queue numbers being called out. Has anyone noticed how they say the fours are zeros? Been like this for a long time. I got to point where I only listen to it in Thai.

It seemed to be extremely busy on the 16th.... More than usual.... and it showed as the parking at the gas station across the street was getting full..... I wonder if they will ever upgrade the size of the building as well as make appropriate parking.

I was there on the 16th for my 90 day reporting and it was the longest that it has ever taken me in the last 6 or 7 years. I was there for 2 hrs or maybe a little more. I got there about 1:30-1:45 pm as I always do and was there until almost 4:00 pm.... The queue was at 609 and they gave me number 652..... There was many times the queue didn't move a single number for 10 or 15 mins..... and then it would race through 6 or 7 numbers.

I never had to sign or fill out any additional form that has been mentioned but the woman who did mine looked at my visa and told me it was going to expire on July 29th. I said I know, I will be in next week to renew. She informed me that they are now allowing you to renew your visa up to 45 days before the old one expires. That was new information to me because years ago I went to renew with like 3 weeks left and they said to come back when it's within 2 weeks..... Never did like waiting until the last minute.

BTW, I wish they would fix the audio (English) for the queue numbers being called out. Has anyone noticed how they say the fours are zeros? Been like this for a long time. I got to point where I only listen to it in Thai.

It seemed to be extremely busy on the 16th.... More than usual.... and it showed as the parking at the gas station across the street was getting full..... I wonder if they will ever upgrade the size of the building as well as make appropriate parking.

Ding Dong ,go back 2 posts, read about times NOT TO GO and all will be revealed.

I was there on the 16th too. Arrived at 10:40 and it was the slowest I ever seen the queue move. I had to come back after lunch to process my 90 day. Next time I'll try after 3pm or fork over some baht for an agent.

My extension last month only took 45 minutes, at least that section has become more efficient.

Edited by prism