malaysian curry paste,ect.

meatboy

back in the eighties when having to do visa runs[penang] i loved malaysian food,its only since we got the asian food channel on the telle.i have started to fancy some again.

as i live in korat i dont think i will find any here so anyone knows of a store in bangkok that sells paste's ect.and also a good cook book.

i am going to have a go at making a laksa but the paste alone is a challenge got everything 13 ingredents in all which i have bar the dried shredded coconut.

post-42868-0-53744700-1388512988_thumb.j

Hope you get some response. I've asked a couple of times (I'm in Chiang Mai) but to date no one has offered any suggestions.

I'll be getting some soon from friends arriving from Australia who know what to get at their local Asian Supermarket. I'm going to try and attach a copy of a curry paste pack that I can recommend, if you can get someone to send it to you. Meantime, if you find a local supplier of any of these products, please let me know.

I contacted the manufacturer in KL a couple of years ago to see if they had an outlet in Thailand but they didn't. Maybe if enough of us put in a bulk order, we can get them to send it to us and we pay the freight.

Cheers!

Sorry... seems I attached it twice.

post-42868-0-42825000-1388512898_thumb.j

Edited by Torrens54

thanks t.54 if my b.i.l.can find some in bkk. maybe foodland,tops or villa i will let you know.

any malaysians living here?

Ah, Laksa. Am waiting for a post too from someone who might know.

Indeed, anyone know of a Malaysian restaurant in BKK?

thanks t.54 if my b.i.l.can find some in bkk. maybe foodland,tops or villa i will let you know.

i do have a malaysian curry paste recipe and one for laksa taken from the asian food channel i havent tried it yet just waiting to clear the fridge of uneaten food.

this is for the paste.

3x3" stalks of lemon grass.

1x tsp.salt.

1xtbl.sp.cumin seed.

dried red chilli's.

1x2" pc.of ginger.

1x tbl.sp.fennel seed.

3x cloves garlic.

1x tsp.shrimp paste.

2x tbl.sp.shredded co-conut.

2x tbl.sp.corriander seeds.

1x small onion.

1x tsp.tumeric.

small amount water.

i have found it quite easy to get these ingrediants.

but here is the hardest part so its time to call the wife.

bok-bok the corriander seeds,cumin and fennel the add all the rest and bok-bok to make the paste.

for the laksa.

3x tbl.sp.oil.

120grm.of the curry paste.

2x cups chkn.stock.

2x cups water.

2x stalks lemon grass[white part only]

5x kafir lime leaves.

10x tofu puffs[cut]

1x cup co-conut milk. salt to taste.

you can add what you like.

this is what i will add.

yellow noodles.

bean sprouts.

prawns.

hard boiled eggs [quartered]

fish peices.

so if anyone tries this before me let us know the result.

• Like 1

i do have a malaysian curry paste recipe and one for laksa taken from the asian food channel i havent tried it yet just waiting to clear the fridge of uneaten food.

this is for the paste.

3x3" stalks of lemon grass.

1x tsp.salt.

1xtbl.sp.cumin seed.

dried red chilli's.

1x2" pc.of ginger.

1x tbl.sp.fennel seed.

3x cloves garlic.

1x tsp.shrimp paste.

2x tbl.sp.shredded co-conut.

2x tbl.sp.corriander seeds.

1x small onion.

1x tsp.tumeric.

small amount water.

i have found it quite easy to get these ingrediants.

but here is the hardest part so its time to call the wife.

bok-bok the corriander seeds,cumin and fennel the add all the rest and bok-bok to make the paste.

for the laksa.

3x tbl.sp.oil.

120grm.of the curry paste.

2x cups chkn.stock.

2x cups water.

2x stalks lemon grass[white part only]

5x kafir lime leaves.

10x tofu puffs[cut]

1x cup co-conut milk. salt to taste.

you can add what you like.

this is what i will add.

yellow noodles.

bean sprouts.

prawns.

hard boiled eggs [quartered]

fish peices.

so if anyone tries this before me let us know the result.

There must be an easier and more original-tasting way lol. Even a trip to KL!

Maybe the wrong thread but..... anyone remembers Malaysian auntie? The place was first at the market on Suk which was bulldozed during the times of the brother whose sister currently serves as a/the model for the government. Later it reopened on Suk soi 8 in a small side soi. It was at the end on the first side soi on the left.

Later they disappeared and some f....s opened shop offering the finest Indian cuisine (who does not?) at inflated prices.

I always had a good meal at Malaysian aunties and the price was right PLUS never needed suddenly a bathroom following a visit or had that oily feeling in the stomach. Badly missed place :( even after years. Anyone know if they opened at a different location or knows a similar place? I like the Muslim Indian/Malaysian food much more than the 'original' and never got poisoned. Any help is greatly appreciated by myself and my tummy.

Maybe the wrong thread but..... anyone remembers Malaysian auntie? The place was first at the market on Suk which was bulldozed during the times of the brother whose sister currently serves as a/the model for the government. Later it reopened on Suk soi 8 in a small side soi. It was at the end on the first side soi on the left.

Later they disappeared and some f....s opened shop offering the finest Indian cuisine (who does not?) at inflated prices.

I always had a good meal at Malaysian aunties and the price was right PLUS never needed suddenly a bathroom following a visit or had that oily feeling in the stomach. Badly missed place sad.png even after years. Anyone know if they opened at a different location or knows a similar place? I like the Muslim Indian/Malaysian food much more than the 'original' and never got poisoned. Any help is greatly appreciated by myself and my tummy.

This place was incredible! Some of the best food I've had in Bangkok, certainly the best Indian food, and as stated, great prices. It reappeared for awhile in a small soi off Mahesak road (Bangrak area) behind a hotel. Very obscure and inconvenient location, but the food and prices were still amazing. Then it disappeared again and never resurfaced as far as I know.

driven out by them that dont like competition.

yesterday i made the malaysian curry paste from the recipe i posted,it came out fantastic added beef and will eat it tomorrow so buying the paste is out with the washing.next week i will do the laksa.

yesterday i made the malaysian curry paste from the recipe i posted,it came out fantastic added beef and will eat it tomorrow so buying the paste is out with the washing.next week i will do the laksa.

wont be buying any more paste in future,had the curry last night and it was unbeatable.now to get a blender the wife wasnt amused when i asked her could i use her smoothie maker.

• Like 1