6th Form Studies in Thailand

Advice please. Bit of background. My wife [Thai/British] and I intend to retire to Thailand once my 15 year old [Thai/British] starts her post graduate studies. She is just mid way through year 11, so we are looking at her options for British A Levels and where she will study. One option may be to advancer our move to Thailand and for her to complete years 12 and 13 in Thailand. We foresee her University studies being in the UK or US, probably the UK. Obviously we could consider International Schools in Thailand, but they are likely to be expensive. My question is; would a Thai years 12 and 13 education make any sense at all for her? I would guess that the answer is no, and stick to the UK, but it is worth asking the question.

I think she would be better off staying in the UK to finish her high school. No mater how good (and expensive) some of the international schools are here, I think she will be at a disadvantage to study here. Having said that, one of my friends had his Thai daughters in Harrow, and now they student in the UK. I guess it's possible, but not sure the cost is justified (say 500 thousand baht per year minimum), + added costs. It's certainly not cheap. Unless you NEED to come to Thailand a few years earlier than planned, I would have her finish school in the UK. A Thai school (even an English Program like mine) won't make much sense, especially in upper high school, as you said she plans to study overseas. It's better she has formal A-levels or IB for that.

I think she would be better off staying in the UK to finish her high school. No mater how good (and expensive) some of the international schools are here, I think she will be at a disadvantage to study here. Having said that, one of my friends had his Thai daughters in Harrow, and now they student in the UK. I guess it's possible, but not sure the cost is justified (say 500 thousand baht per year minimum), + added costs. It's certainly not cheap. Unless you NEED to come to Thailand a few years earlier than planned, I would have her finish school in the UK. A Thai school (even an English Program like mine) won't make much sense, especially in upper high school, as you said she plans to study overseas. It's better she has formal A-levels or IB for that.

Many thanks for the advice, which confirms my own gut feeling. We will just have to put up with the UK's crap weather for another couple of years!!