Prachuap Khiri Khan: University student arrested with 900 pills

webfact

Male University Student Arrested With 900 Pills

n21.jpg

Railway police have arrested a male university student who tried to smuggle 900 tranquilizer pills on a train on route from Bangkok to Yala. He was heading back to his home town to celebrate the New Year festival where intended to sell them to friends.

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN – January 3, 2014 [PDN]; at 12.30 a.m. while Pol. Lt. Col. Wutthithep Phensaeng (Inspector of Hua Hin Railway Police Station), Prachuap Khiri Khan and Pol. Sub. Lt. Pratya Setthaphongsarn (Deputy Inspector) brought forces of railway police to inspect the passengers safety on train number 169 that ran between Bangkok-Yala.
The police team found a group of suspicious teenagers so they asked to search their backpacks and found 900 pills of tranquillizer called “Alprazolam” in the bag that was contained inside a plastic bottle so the officers detained the defendant who was heavily drunk to investigate further.

The defendant was identified as Mr. Faroos Sa-ngob, aged 22, who was a freshman of one well known university in Bangkok. He confessed that he bought the tranquillizers from a drugstore in Bangkok for 15 THB per pill and he ate some of them with his friends and he intended to sell the rest to his friends in his hometown at Satun province during New Year’s festival.

The police then sent the defendant with exhibits to the investigation officer of Hua Hin police station to prosecute him further with an allegation of having “the Psychotropic substances that affects the mental and nerve process, type 2” in possession without permission.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/01/04/male-university-student-arrested-with-900-pills/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-01-04

bought some of those a few time to help me sleep on longhaul flight .... blue losange if i remember correctly at 100mg ? there was a small pharmacy ( more a booth ) on sukhumvit between soi 4 and 6 . 800 baht per 10 . old thai guy in there always told me not to take more than one , never went over a half and that was plenty ! called them, yaa nawn !!

tried pharmacy out of the "red " district to no avail , prescription needed , only one small pharmacy in a on nut condo complex had some at 50mg . i knew you needed a prescription for them , obviously 900 hundred i s a hell lot to carry around , never had more than 10 on me , wondering how much trouble i could have gotten into if arrested by the bib .