2013 Toyota Fortuner

loongdavid

If you had an off-road type car, I'd suggest going on one of the many Thai forums for info about parts (as they are plentiful) but most 'Tuna's never do anything rough.

I know what you mean about the bull bars here. Most are crap quality and for show only.

Think you'll find the reason Toyota isn't keen is that sticking one of these things on the front of your car increases the chance of serious injury to you and/or your passengers in an accident.

The vehicle is designed with "crumple control" to absorb the force if you hit something, or something hits you Head-on.

Roo Bars, Bull Bars, call 'em what you like, your Fortuna was NOT intended to have one.

In Australia, we had a fleet of them at the TV Network where I worked and our crews covered long distances on bad roads where Kangaroos, Cattle, Emus and even Camels tended to leap out in front of vehicles. We were advised by the manufacturers to NOT fit the things.

Happy motoring!

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 2

I would suggest you contact the ARB factory in Rayong or there abouts. They have been producing Aussie bars for a number of years at their Thai factory.

Do they jump out I front of cars too, T ???

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I would suggest you contact the ARB factory in Rayong or there abouts. They have been producing Aussie bars for a number of years at their Thai factory.

ARB in Rayong would not answer a friend of mine. As nobody else in Bangkok or Pattaya would come forward he went to Chiang Mai to Maxs Auoto Plus to have a proper Aussie bar with bumper and Warn Winch installed. He is up there now. This company does top work. The vehicle he has is a 2013 D-Max.

http://www.maxautoplus.com/

• Like 1