Leo Beer and the runs.

Piztolapete

One of the first things I do when I get to Thailand is get a lot of leo beer. Also I don't have solid BM's while in Thailand. Was wondering if my daily consumption of Leo beer was possibly the cause. Thinking of a switch to Singa. May I troll you for advice if any have had similar problems here? LOL thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Most strange.I in the past have experienced exactly the same problems with leo beer the bottled type.I switched to cans of leo and that remedied the situation.The cans seem to contain less gas than the bottled type.If you drink the bottled type try the cans and see if this works.I wish you and your backside all the best.

• Like 1

Maybe someone slipped a laxative instead of Rohypnol into your drink, they were interested in going to bed with you....they just wanted you to piss off?

Just joking; Nothing wrong with Leo, maybe just your tummy aint use to good spicy Thai food methinks.

Alcohol in general reduces the ability of the intestines to absorb water back into the body so can make your waste more fluid. I drink Leo every day and sometimes to excess but do not have your troubles. Leo is brewed by Singha. It may have to do with a change of diet while here as well as imbibing more than usual perhaps?

Edited by kamahele

May I humbly suggest that you drink only Leo beer for 3 days. Making this a process of elimination, avoid food, water, ice, coffee...everything except Leo beer. If you cure the LB, then you can eliminate Leo from the cause and look at your other intakes.

I have exactly the same problem and I also think it comes from Leo!
But now I think, changing the brand of beer will not eliminate the problem.
I also drink my beer very cool also with ice. Drinking too cold drinks can also be the cause.

I read Charles Bukowski and he writes that an alcoholic never have problems with hard BM's!

:-D

I also drink my beer very cool also with ice. Drinking too cold drinks can also be the cause.

I read Charles Bukowski and he writes that an alcoholic never have problems with hard BM's!

He will if he's addicted to putting away 28 pints of Guinness every day

keep with LEO I had the runs when I first started with leo but once you get used to it I find it great for the morning after not many hangovers and plus IT GIVE YOU POWER!! I have tried them all and leo is the best....................drink what the Thai's drink!!

He will if he's addicted to putting away 28 pints of Guinness every day

for gods sake never water your beer down with ice or maybe you should switch to drinking squash,half a tab of immodium a day should stiffen you up !

AussiePaul you say soapy aftertaste...hell this aint no Powers or Fosters. Its a better brew for sure. I use to drink Singha but changed to Leo as it doesn't give be a kickass hangover. Out of curiousity what brew do you drink/down/guzzle/imbibe?

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I drank two large ones last night. Now this morning I have the squirts.

Might be something to what you say. But since I drink only occasionally I never noticed.

Next time I do I will stay aware and notice. I guess if you drink every day you would not want the squirts constantly.

And the Leo was soooooooo good. It was sitting surrounded by ice for hours and was ice cold. My local Lan Ahan does that. I would drink more but weight concerns and a low tolerance for alcohol period precludes.

I think you are making ThaiVisa members aware of a seriously overlooked concern.

Thx. (I am glad I bought all of this TP.)

Edited by DeeMockMark

Leo beer now start to give me a headache. They never did before. Does anyone know if Leo beers recipe has changed recently? Or does anyone have the same issue?

Ps: no need to reply with those smart answers like you drink too much... Thanks

I have a headache. I guess I drank too much.