Clubbing

hong

I was in Chiang Mai last week, other than everytime went to mandaley, I discovered Horizon club at Star Hotel. Well, is worth a find out, but i went in too late and is my last night too. I'll be back again for the club. oh ya by the way, is there any pet shop or farm around, I know there is one near san kampeng road.

Horizon club,underneath duangtawan hotel,is a very nice club imo.far better than the music at bubble.nice chilled out crowd/not many animals(desperate farang) as compared with the afore mentioned club.i was pleasantly surprised,and will go a few times when im back in november.

my favourite clubs have to be volume 1,fashion house,hot shots,atlantic and warm up.probably due to the fact

most of the crowd are music loving thais.

most typical farang continue to do 'same same'every night ie spotlight,lucky,easy corner,bubble then spicy,then go home with 'whatever' they have managed to pick up.probably a good thing as to keep them away from the more discerning of places.

iv done bubble,spicy etc many times in the past,and you do get peeved off with been constantly leered at,touched etc after a few weeks.especially in the spicy meatmarket.basically now a free 4 all,for the bargirls and farang who havnt pulled!

any more good clubs that i havnt mentioned? would like to find more.cheers guys

Before the onslaught of comments on who exactly are typical farang and if any of us are included, let me just squeeze in this question for directions to the places you mention: :o

> volume 1,fashion house,hot shots,atlantic and warm up.

Of those, Hot Shot I know because I pass it on my way to DFD. (Desperate Farang Disco, aka Bubbles). Also Warm Up I knew in the (I think) now old location in pretty much the first soi off Kaew Nawarat Road. I don't think it's there anymore currenlty though, correct?

(Saw quite a bit of desperate Thais at Warm Up or Hot Shot by the way... Guess that's less bad than desperate farang? :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

> you do get peeved off with been constantly leered at,touched etc after a few

> weeks.especially in the spicy meatmarket.basically now a free 4 all,for the bargirls and

> farang who havnt pulled! any more good clubs that i havnt mentioned?

Sharkey's ? :o Also, what's wrong with Easy Corner... Most friendly and laid back place ever.

Before the onslaught of comments on who exactly are typical farang and if any of us are included, let me just squeeze in this question for directions to the places you mention: :o

Of those, Hot Shot I know because I pass it on my way to DFD. (Desperate Farang Disco, aka Bubbles). Also Warm Up I knew in the (I think) now old location in pretty much the first soi off Kaew Nawarat Road. I don't think it's there anymore currenlty though, correct?

(Saw quite a bit of desperate Thais at Warm Up or Hot Shot by the way... Guess that's less bad than desperate farang? :D )

Cheers,

Chanchao

Chanchao,

Warm Up is on Neimenhamin road, west side right next door to the new Mike's Burger. Good place to hang out and on a busy night, more eye candy than you can possibly imagine. They have a nice outside area, house music room and live music/hip hop room. The latter is impenetrable on a busy night. Closes at 1:00am with patrons heading to one of the following.

Fashion House is in a basement room towards the back side of Central Kadsawn Kaew. Open till 2:00, the place gets packed and also gobs of eye candy. Dark dungeonesque with smart interior and plays good music. Very very crowded on a good night and you are certainly dead if there is ever a fire - one way out up a narrow staircase for about 1,000 people.

Volume 1 is on Chang Klan road near the Park Hotel and stays open till 4:00am. I haven't been there but wifey says it's good but doesn't get going till 2:00. Plays loud techno.

V Club is opposit to Toyota Dealer on Mahidhol road and closes at 7:00am. Wifey says people are going more to this place than V1. They play more market music.

I'm good till about 1:00 then it's time for supper and bed. I go to Warm Up a lot but I'm not up for the other places; too loud to even try chatting up a girl. You can definitely pull at Warm if you've got a little game.

> So where does the ....errr......over 50 s go of an evening?

I thought CM Foxy already summed that one up? :o Only one she got wrong was Easy Corner which is exclusively visited by young smart studs, I guess she meant Linda Bar next door. :D

Then there's the singalong restaurants where you can perve at white skinned chicks in rediculously short skirts and rediculously tall silvery boots.

But that's for the over 50 crowd. For the over 80 crowd there's always The Pub. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Cheers,

Chanchao

Chanchao,

Warm Up is on Neimenhamin road, west side right next door to the new Mike's Burger. Good place to hang out and on a busy night, more eye candy than you can possibly imagine. They have a nice outside area, house music room and live music/hip hop room. The latter is impenetrable on a busy night. Closes at 1:00am with patrons heading to one of the following.

Fashion House is in a basement room towards the back side of Central Kadsawn Kaew. Open till 2:00, the place gets packed and also gobs of eye candy. Dark dungeonesque with smart interior and plays good music. Very very crowded on a good night and you are certainly dead if there is ever a fire - one way out up a narrow staircase for about 1,000 people.

Volume 1 is on Chang Klan road near the Park Hotel and stays open till 4:00am. I haven't been there but wifey says it's good but doesn't get going till 2:00. Plays loud techno.

V Club is opposit to Toyota Dealer on Mahidhol road and closes at 7:00am. Wifey says people are going more to this place than V1. They play more market music.

I'm good till about 1:00 then it's time for supper and bed. I go to Warm Up a lot but I'm not up for the other places; too loud to even try chatting up a girl. You can definitely pull at Warm if you've got a little game.

couldnt have put it any better chanchao.re the locations and ambience.

i was a bit over the top with typical farang maybe:)

yes warm up is still going,maybe 15 mins from centre.i was there 3 week ago and loved it

volume 1 closes at 4am,so its here,spicy or sharkeys.-no contest

when i say desp farang.some of my male friends are in this catergory,they happily admit it.they only go to thailand on holiday for drink and sex.good luck to them i suppose.

i will try v club next time,cheers chanchao

re loh kroh,maybe i did mean lindas and not easy bar.

im friends with people in sth(stairway to heaven)opposite.nice girl behind bar called kanye,sure youve seen her around,very attractive.she goes out with my friend who used to live near me in leeds,but he now lives in c mai,selling diamonds online!

anyway no offence meant,and i certainly understand why bargirls are bargirls! who would want

a normal job for 5000 a month.family to keep and rent to pay.i dont understand how non bar girls

survive in a 9-5 job on v bad pay.maybe because they look good and have rich thai bfriends.

but that a totally different thread i know.

cheers guys

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

> i was a bit over the top with typical farang maybe

Nah, we're used to it. :o Thanks for all the suggestions, it's good to remind ourselves once every while that there's also a normal nightlife world out there. :D

Now then, who wants to join an evening antroplogy tour of Wiang Ping / Sripingmuang road? :D It's the only place ever that my wife specifically told me not to go. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Cheers,

Chanchao

Chanchao,

couldnt have put it any better chanchao.re the locations and ambience.

i was a bit over the top with typical farang maybe:)

yes warm up is still going,maybe 15 mins from centre.i was there 3 week ago and loved it

volume 1 closes at 4am,so its here,spicy or sharkeys.-no contest

when i say desp farang.some of my male friends are in this catergory,they happily admit it.they only go to thailand on holiday for drink and sex.good luck to them i suppose.

i will try v club next time,cheers chanchao

re loh kroh,maybe i did mean lindas and not easy bar.

im friends with people in sth(stairway to heaven)opposite.nice girl behind bar called kanye,sure youve seen her around,very attractive.she goes out with my friend who used to live near me in leeds,but he now lives in c mai,selling diamonds online!

anyway no offence meant,and i certainly understand why bargirls are bargirls! who would want

a normal job for 5000 a month.family to keep and rent to pay.i dont understand how non bar girls

survive in a 9-5 job on v bad pay.maybe because they look good and have rich thai bfriends.

but that a totally different thread i know.

cheers guys

It is an interesting question, that is how ladies working 9 to 5 for 5000 baht a month survive. The answer is rather simple really. I take care of them.

1111thaivisa.jpg

Stop feeding them so much. :o

It is not that I don’t like Thai food but I like my own cooking at least two or three times a week. Last night I made a pork loin stew with vegetables and fried rice. I put a pot on about 2 in the afternoon and add things to it over the next 4 hours or so as the mood strikes me.

Since I have been in the restaurant business all of my life I find it impossible to cook for one or two and normally cook for at least 12. The vegetables and rice and noodles are cheap anyway.

Since I cook outdoors on my balcony the smell seems to draw them like bears to honey.

I take out a couple of portions for myself and then throw in a handful of hot peppers and they think I am some kind of new wave Thai chef.

I have noticed they are getting a little chunky. But if I stop cooking for them God knows what they will ask for. The mind boggles. I have suggested they go to a disco for exercise and pick up some desperate Farangs but they just laugh and tell me to get back into the kitchen.

I did manage to get them to Spicy one night but we ended up going home with my girls, three lady boys and two drunk Brit chicks who thought I was Elton John. It must have been the tu tu I was wearing.

I was at Bubble last week. IMHO, a horrible place. A few crazy young farangs dancing up on that stage...and a few old farang chasing a bunch of young thai guys...and ladyboys. And of course the usual assortment of not so pretty pros chasing everything else. Even the music was kind of strange. Hip Hop one minute, house the next then trance.

So.. I think you covered just about every demographic there in your Bubbles census..

"young farang, old farang, young thai guys, ladyboys, pro girls.. "

What kind of people WOULD you like/expect when clubbing? :D

Seriously: It matters a lot if you go on a weekday or a Friday or Saturday... You get some more regular Thai chicks in then. Or at least you used to when I still went to Bubbles. :o

Cheers,.

Chanchao

So.. I think you covered just about every demographic there in your Bubbles census..

Seriously: It matters a lot if you go on a weekday or a Friday or Saturday... You get some more regular Thai chicks in then. Or at least you used to when I still went to Bubbles. :o

Cheers,.

Chanchao

Chanchao,

Bubble has gotten really desparate in the past couple of years. There have been so many new places opened in the last two years that most legit Thais don't bother with the place anymore. Back in the day (hah, not that long ago), it used to be one of the only games in town and did get a good crown of locals but not any more. Best to try Horizion if you want to say in close to the Loy Kroh area. Horizon is quite and has a good crowd; it closes at 2:00.

Cheers,.

Chanchao

Chanchao,

Bubble has gotten really desparate in the past couple of years. There have been so many new places opened in the last two years that most legit Thais don't bother with the place anymore. Back in the day (hah, not that long ago), it used to be one of the only games in town and did get a good crown of locals but not any more. Best to try Horizion if you want to say in close to the Loy Kroh area. Horizon is quite and has a good crowd; it closes at 2:00.

My freinds and I are about 25yrs old..and so you see...There is a lot of young beautiful Thai puying at Horizon. Three of us like aliens don't know anything much, out of the curiousity step into the club...and wow...wow. the place is awesome for us....hehe

The last time I was in Bubble was 3 years ago. Had a blast. I sure don't mind young, crazy farangs. I guess it was these old dudes (2 of them) getting kind of freaky with about 12+ very young Thai boys and 2 strange looking ladyboys. Sorry, but it was just kind of strange. And other than that, with the exception of a few not so good looking pros, the place was empty. It was Thursday night. I will try Horizon next time I am there!

I went to CM2 here in Bangkok, and it seems to have changed a lot in the past year. I was amazed at the number of Russians. And not great looking ones either. The new band is not nearly as good as the old one. Heading out tonight and will try one of the new places for sure. Titanium was great a few weeks ago....

only me who like mandalay? the beers is kind of expensive(340baht for a small heineken) but with a thai friend who order for you the price is okay(120baht for thai). 850baht for 1.25L johnny walker is nice also.

only me who like mandalay? the beers is kind of expensive(340baht for a small heineken) but with a thai friend who order for you the price is okay(120baht for thai). 850baht for 1.25L johnny walker is nice also.

They can shove their heineken up their .... :o:D

> only me who like mandalay?

Well now... I always avoided it like the plague as I heard they charge foreigners admission. But now that you mention that they rip off foreigners on drinks TOO I've run out of things-worse-than-the-plague I could avoid it like. :barf: (Is that a smiley? Should be.)

Stop feeding them so much. :D

It is not that I don’t like Thai food but I like my own cooking at least two or three times a week. Last night I made a pork loin stew with vegetables and fried rice. I put a pot on about 2 in the afternoon and add things to it over the next 4 hours or so as the mood strikes me.

Since I have been in the restaurant business all of my life I find it impossible to cook for one or two and normally cook for at least 12. The vegetables and rice and noodles are cheap anyway.

Since I cook outdoors on my balcony the smell seems to draw them like bears to honey.

I take out a couple of portions for myself and then throw in a handful of hot peppers and they think I am some kind of new wave Thai chef.

I have noticed they are getting a little chunky. But if I stop cooking for them God knows what they will ask for. The mind boggles. I have suggested they go to a disco for exercise and pick up some desperate Farangs but they just laugh and tell me to get back into the kitchen.

I did manage to get them to Spicy one night but we ended up going home with my girls, three lady boys and two drunk Brit chicks who thought I was Elton John. It must have been the tu tu I was wearing.

Now that was rich. :o

Some of you hit the nail on the head in regards to Bubbles. I went to CM for the first time during Songkran and was baffled with Bubbles and how ass-backwards it was as far as the ugliest, sleaziest farang seemingly getting the action there. I was there with a bunch of quintessential NYC clubaddicts and we were nauseated as well as perplexed by it all, but hey TIT :o