Dim Sum found. 19 baht per plate.

addy77

I sniffed around this place some weeks ago. It is cheap Thai style dim sum. I wasn't inspired to even try it. Definitely NOT anything resembling an authentic Chinese dim sum restaurant. It didn't even bother posting it on the Hit and Run thread. Anyway, some people like Thai style dim sum. Thais?

If you want good Chinese dim sum in Pattaya, you're looking at the higher end hotel places, like Marco Polo at the Montien.

http://montien.com/pattaya/marco-polo.php

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Jingthing the one who talked about a new "Chinese" restaurant on Pattaya second road that has almost no Chinese dishes on the meal ? He must know a lot !

:-)

Curious about you. What is your experience of Chinese food? Sweet and sour pork, pancake (egg) rolls, innit?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

If you want good Chinese dim sum in Pattaya, you're looking at the higher end hotel places, like Marco Polo at the Montien.

What about the lunchtime Dim Sum at the Dusit? I thought it was very good.

Also the big Dim Sum place in Central.

I hope the Dusit and Montien are nothing at all like the one in Central, that's about as Chinese as Bombay Duck.

• Like 1

Haven't been to Dusit. I reckon that's probably good being Dusit.

The Central one is closed.

Don't agree with your opinion of it being good when it was open.

I like cheap too but in Thailand you're not going to get credible Chinese dim sim that is very cheap.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Haven't been to Dusit. I reckon that's probably good being Dusit.

I have, several times. It's very good but not cheap.

The Central one is closed.

Don't agree with your opinion of it being good when it was open.

I went there once or twice last year. Hadnt noticed it had closed, but I dont wander around Central very much. I didnt actually mean that I thought it was especially good which is why I wrote it on a separate line. I found it worth going to for the price, which I think was 15B per plate until they put it up in the middle of last year.

• Like 1