Wine Help

I'm looking for a reasonably priced wine to serve at my restaurant. I confess to knowing only a bit about wine, but after researching on the net, I think that either reislings or a sauvingnon blanc would go well with my food (mexican). If anyone can reccomend a wine, preferably retailing for under 500b and available in Thailand, or indeed had any other ideas for me I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

I'm looking for a reasonably priced wine to serve at my restaurant. I confess to knowing only a bit about wine, but after researching on the net, I think that either reislings or a sauvingnon blanc would go well with my food (mexican). If anyone can reccomend a wine, preferably retailing for under 500b and available in Thailand, or indeed had any other ideas for me I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Sauvignon blanc is perfect for mexican food. Have a look at the NZ range... there are surprisingly a lot of importers in thailand... and you can start with the wine shop opposite the JW Marriott Hotel on Sukhumvit rd... inbetween soi's 1 and 3. You should get a few ideas.. I know they also have regular tastings and this would also give you a good idea.. Don't try to import wine into thailand yourself... I've been there and done that. The customs laws in that arena are almost setup purely for corruption to take place :D

I wish you the best of luck and pm me if you have anymore questions :o