You've gotta love it.

longstebe

I would suggest to those who have some fear of Muslims that they perhaps go meet some? Generally they are decent gracious people, have good values, and seem to be more mentally agile than the norm. I lived in Phra Kanong near the mosque. My only complaint was the fact that condo I rented was on 7th floor, about level with speakers calling to prayer, but you can get used to many irritants. Maybe being in a minority, they have some sympathy for a farang like myself. And could get some good Southern Thai food, which makes standard Thai seem almost like English fare... The idiot grenade thrower that blew his own leg off was from Iran, can't really hold that against the locals.

Fair comment.

In fairness to one of the posters, think he may have got mixed up with my location. Maybe he thought I was in the south.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^ Ha ha I'm not that bad. 3 bedroom house in Sakon city 14500 baht for 3 months. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL ... I am doing the 3 bedroom/3bath on two... rai In the City (by Udon Airport). My price 2500 baht a month or 7500 for 3 months. You are paying tourist prices.... (kidding..)

Is a place like that with a nice fence or is it like in Philippines where you swear you are in a prison compound?

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would suggest to those who have some fear of Muslims that they perhaps go meet some? Generally they are decent gracious people, have good values, and seem to be more mentally agile than the norm. I lived in Phra Kanong near the mosque. My only complaint was the fact that condo I rented was on 7th floor, about level with speakers calling to prayer, but you can get used to many irritants. Maybe being in a minority, they have some sympathy for a farang like myself. And could get some good Southern Thai food, which makes standard Thai seem almost like English fare... The idiot grenade thrower that blew his own leg off was from Iran, can't really hold that against the locals.

I am glad you have had good experiences with the locals.. I often eat at Th. Petchaburi because it is the best place in central Bangkok for southern food. The locals there are hesitant but generally friendly too.

But I also spend a large amount of my year in the deep south and can assure you that not all Muslims are like those in your neighborhood nor the soi I eat. Infact, my favorite Noodle shop was bombed a few years back. The petrol station I stopped at to buy food and gas up 2 months ago was bombed a week and a half ago. We own land which we cannot build on because it is not safe to do so (it is in an area surrounded by Muslims and has a history of violence against non-Muslims.

I love this country, but I do not love the separatism of the south. Sakhon Nakhon is a lovely place, and coincidentally most of my best friends all over Thailand (Udon, Bangkok, Khon Kaen) are from Sakhon. It must be something in the air out there.

• Like 1

<deleted> ...if i wanted to exist like a Thai i would live with the Wifes family ...I DONT I want to live like a first World citizen ..not exist

Yes , no doubt ,im pretty sure that the Thais out there riding in Bangkok their Porsches / Ferraris are not living like first world citizen .

^^^^^^^^ Ha ha I'm not that bad. 3 bedroom house in Sakon city 14500 baht for 3 months. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

LOL ... I am doing the 3 bedroom/3bath on two... rai In the City (by Udon Airport). My price 2500 baht a month or 7500 for 3 months. You are paying tourist prices.... (kidding..)

I'm from Yorkshire, Gods own county, and we know how to make a bargain. We're renting a four bedroom, four bathroom house with a swimming pool and a lake and the owners pay us to stay there.

And when we tell farang that they don't believe us.

wink.png

• Like 1

Is Sakon a safe area? How about the Muslim problem? is there enough about the place to keep you interested?

Don't think I've ever seen any Muslims up here in Sakon Nakhon. It's safe as houses up here I would say, as for keeping yourself interested/occupied, that's all down to the individual. There's a couple of golf courses, Nam Pung dam, Lake Nong Han, Phu Phan National park, and a couple of farang hideouts.

Don't forget all the secret fishing holes!!

I'm from Yorkshire, Gods own county, and we know how to make a bargain. We're renting a four bedroom, four bathroom house with a swimming pool and a lake and the owners pay us to stay there.

wink.png

Luxury, we 'ad it tough.......

Just had my favorite snack. Ripe Mangoes with sticky rice, coconut milk and some sort of little nuts at Chajanghoon Rd., next to Paad Thai song restaurant in Ubon Ratchathani. 45 baht, not available anywhere else on this planet.

Why are they all so good looking and think I'm single? I love it. "Khun mee freand, mai khrap?" " Mai me, na kaa."

Oh god, there's a paradise on earth, not somewhere else,as some Mormons the other day wanted to let me know.

Will see my sweet little wife who loves me a "little bit but already a long time" (her words) in about an hour after five days of educating the next generation how to spell Saapaghetti .

Will be on the highway 61 aaeehh 226 to Sisaket in a short period of time. Yes, life's wonderful.-wai2.gif

• Like 2

Benz / BMW 200% import tax

<3

Sorry to correct you but any motor import is 300% import tax (unless it has changed lately)

A bottle of wine is 400% import tax (if imported for re-sale)

Go the Thai's, great way to protect local wine makers and car makers (not)

My wife's uncle is/was the boss of the Sisaket transport department, well now on an "inactive post" in Bangkok ,while they're still investigating. (Really true)

Good that NOBODY really knows where I've got my Lamborghini from. Everybody beliefs me that I drove it to Thailand straight from Italy.-Don Corleone would be surprised.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

wink.png

Be glad that I'm not American, as they truly believe that they've got god on their side. Or is it the American version of Yorkshire? Good weekend!-wai2.gif

wink.png

Be glad that I'm not American, as they truly believe that they've got god on their side. Or is it the American version of Yorkshire? Good weekend!-wai2.gif

but, isn't Yorkshire in America somewhere ? whistling.gif

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/

wink.png

I

I live in the middle of that lake free 8 days a week and get up 2 hours before I go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Benz / BMW 200% import tax

<3

Sorry to correct you but any motor import is 300% import tax (unless it has changed lately)

A bottle of wine is 400% import tax (if imported for re-sale)

Go the Thai's, great way to protect local wine makers and car makers (not)

Sorry to tell you, that is not correct either. There are various taxes (Customs duty,excise,interior and VAT) imposed on imported vehicles.

The rates vary depending on the size of the motor. The bigger the motor the higher the excise tax percentage.

The total rates are anywhere from about 187% up to 328%.

So i was not wrong well saying 200 %

http://www2.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/PersonalVehiclesPermanent/PermanentImport.jsp?menuNme=PersonalPer

Type of Vehicles

Cylinder Capacity

Duty (%)

Total (%)

Motor Vehicle (Tariff Heading 87.03)

- Not exceeding 2000 cc.

- 2001 cc. but not exceeding 2500 cc.

- 2501 cc. or but not exceeding 3000 cc.

- More than 3001 cc.

Motorcycle

(Tariff Heading 87.11)

Electric Motorcycle

Electric Bicycle

wink.png

That's strange, I'm also from Yorkshire, and I've got the same house deal as you, but with the added advantage, they also let me use their Rolls for free.

So i was not wrong well saying 200 %

http://www2.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/PersonalVehiclesPermanent/PermanentImport.jsp?menuNme=PersonalPer

Type of Vehicles

Cylinder Capacity

Duty (%)

Total (%)

Motor Vehicle (Tariff Heading 87.03)

- Not exceeding 2000 cc.

- 2001 cc. but not exceeding 2500 cc.

- 2501 cc. or but not exceeding 3000 cc.

- More than 3001 cc.

Motorcycle

(Tariff Heading 87.11)

Electric Motorcycle

Electric Bicycle

Sorry to tell you but saying 200% is wrong. You just showed the list and it shows the rates depend on size of the motor so saying 200% is wrong. If I buy a BMW with a V8 then I'm paying 328%. As I pointed out to you and you just justified what I said it depends on motor size and is not just a flat 200% for all cars.

I like the way I'm treated here in KK (mostly ignored). Maybe because I'm usually with my 50 year-old 'normal' wife. Most of the occasional farangs I come across (Tesco, Global, Thai Watsadu) give a simple nod. Thais in the markets and shops are polite and generally pleasant.

It's an easy place to live if you don't have next-door neighbors with boom-box sound systems -- or noisy dogs, especially the little yip-yap breeds. Cats are okay. Thai mynah birds are my faves. :)

I like the way I'm treated here in KK (mostly ignored). Maybe because I'm usually with my 50 year-old 'normal' wife. Most of the occasional farangs I come across (Tesco, Global, Thai Watsadu) give a simple nod. Thais in the markets and shops are polite and generally pleasant.

It's an easy place to live if you don't have next-door neighbors with boom-box sound systems -- or noisy dogs, especially the little yip-yap breeds. Cats are okay. Thai mynah birds are my faves. :)

What's your abnormal wife like???

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1