Cancellation of Thai airways tickets bought online

vilntrav

I bought online (on Thai airways website) two internal tickets (BKK-CNX) and I am not in Thailand.

I want to cancel them and to get the partial refund attached to these cancellations.

I got no results trying to phone a Bangkok or Paris office. I sent my request by fax to a number displayed on the website but I don't feel it is enough.

Is there something I could do now to achieve these cancellations ? Or should I wait to be in BKK airport next week (a few hours before departure of one of the flight I want a cancellation for), and if so where in the airport do I have a chance to achieve the result ? Lastly, if because of the events next week in BKK I can't obtain anything at the airport, can I obtain a refund from a Thai office in CNX, if so does it work also for a flight for which I would have done a no-show ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice !

I used the reservation phone number in Paris (I speak French). Problem with the number I have in Bangkok (printed on the ticket) is that it leads nowhere : it asks to dial numbers to choose options, but I failed with two different mobile phones.

Thai airways is not in the habit of giving refunds! they will not answer complaints and hope it goes away when the tourist leave. as I live here i had a complaint with them misrepresenting their Business class with "thai smiles" got in touch with them and got a form letter, no refund!or no explanation even thought my boarding pass stated "business" class.and the Thai airways offices? no speak english or give the Sgt shultz apporach, "I know nothing"!

Thai airways is not in the habit of giving refunds! they will not answer complaints and hope it goes away when the tourist leave. as I live here i had a complaint with them misrepresenting their Business class with "thai smiles" got in touch with them and got a form letter, no refund!or no explanation even thought my boarding pass stated "business" class.and the Thai airways offices? no speak english or give the Sgt shultz apporach, "I know nothing"!

As a regular Thai Airways user I take issue with your broad brush statements. I fly for business on full fare tickets and have to change or cancel my flights on a regular basis , I have never had issues with the Thai call center regarding refunds or flight changes.

I just got an email from Bangkok office telling me I will be refunded within 45 days. This in answer to the fax I sent on friday to fax number listed on Thaiairways site. So my phone cancellation through Paris office (which they processed after receiving email confirmation of my request) was not necessary. Will write here when refund is effective, just for everybody's information.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I am still waiting for my refund since the 2006 airport closure for a THAI flight that did a now show.

In the previous 13 months I (work related) had spent $46,300 USD on THAI tickets before that booked flight, I have Proudly never flown THAI since.

I found their refund procedure for a full fare ticket paid with cash to be Amazing Thai alright.

It was a blessing in disguise. I changed to SQ and never looked back. Now I pay for my own tickets and still am not interested in THAI (although dealing with Budget carriers much more which can be annoying in other ways).

• 2 months later...

@Newbie, hey its glad to know you were able to get the refunds back. But for all those who might be travelling with Thai Airways for the first time, its important to know about the terms and conditiosn of the airline. here's a helpful link http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/thai.htm. Also this link http://www.cleartrip.ae/airlines/thai-airways-airlines.html is pretty useful for reviews

• 6 months later...

Hello friends

I am Rajvi, I booked 3 online tickets from mumbai to bangkok and made an online payment of 44772 yeaterday night,

I need to cancel this booking immediately. Please can you guide me . I have trying very hard since yesterday night.

I dont speak french. I am from India. No mumbai office or thai office answer my calls.

I tried putting emails , that got no replies.

Pls some one help me out.

• 1 year later...
On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2014 at 4:08 PM, rajvi said:

Problem solved !

Hello friends

I am Rajvi, I booked 3 online tickets from mumbai to bangkok ( 23rd nov 2014 flight ) and made an online payment of 44772 yeaterday night,

I need to cancel this booking immediately. Please can you guide me . I have trying very hard since yesterday night.

I dont speak french. I am from India. No mumbai office or thai office answer my calls.

I tried putting emails , that got no replies.

Pls some one help me out.

Hi,

I am Abhay. I am in similar situation. I booked 3 online tickets in a single transaction and now 1 of my friend has backed out due to some emergency personal work. 

I tried calling Thai airways but nobody picked the phone. I can't find any emergency contact no. I have dropped an email but by reading the forums i am assuming i won't be getting any response from them.

I would request if someone can guide me.

I am travelling on 16th september 2016

Regards

A lot of airlines office staff don't work at weekends so not unusual to have no reply yet. You may be lucky in that the recent bombings in Thailand may have caused Thai Airways to relax their cancellation policies and a even full refund may be possible on a non refundable ticket?

Check their website for any updates on the recent thai bombings. Cant help with how to contact but the website FAQs may tell you how to start a cancellation and who to contact.

• 4 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 4:50 PM, RabC said:
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 8:52 AM, captspectre said:

As a regular Thai Airways user I take issue with your broad brush statements. I fly for business on full fare tickets and have to change or cancel my flights on a regular basis , I have never had issues with the Thai call center regarding refunds or flight changes.

Gon yersel Rab.  Good to see a positive comment here for a change.  I also have never had a problem with Thai ticketing/refunds etc

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2014 at 4:50 PM, RabC said:
On 1/12/2014 at 8:52 AM, captspectre said:

I don't agree. THAI silently cancelled some of my tickets and never gave a refund. (Personal experience.) Never flew THAI again.

Friends (father, mother + 2 children) had the same problem when the man suddenly became very ill when in Thailand. After a major operation and some time in the ICU plus further recovery the return portion of their tickets could not be used in time. Written proof from the (private) hospital in Chiangmai was immediately accepted by the Immigration authorities. They were very understanding and helpful but it was not enough for THAI to extend the 4 tickets. They just cancelled them and told the mother to buy new tickets. No refunds. Eventually, the mother did buy 4 new tickets but NOT from THAI. The family never flew THAI again. Also, the father, a business man who owns a company, never let any of his senior staff fly THAI anymore either.     

On 1/29/2017 at 4:29 AM, peergin said:

I don't agree. THAI silently cancelled some of my tickets and never gave a refund. (Personal experience.) Never flew THAI again.

Friends (father, mother + 2 children) had the same problem when the man suddenly became very ill when in Thailand. After a major operation and some time in the ICU plus further recovery the return portion of their tickets could not be used in time. Written proof from the (private) hospital in Chiangmai was immediately accepted by the Immigration authorities. They were very understanding and helpful but it was not enough for THAI to extend the 4 tickets. They just cancelled them and told the mother to buy new tickets. No refunds. Eventually, the mother did buy 4 new tickets but NOT from THAI. The family never flew THAI again. Also, the father, a business man who owns a company, never let any of his senior staff fly THAI anymore either.     

Thai Airways is not an insurance company.

Cancellation insurance as part of a travel insurance policy would have helped them with this, and is readily available. Why would Thai Airways pay for them not having their insurance in order?

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

Thai Airways is not an insurance company.

Cancellation insurance as part of a travel insurance policy would have helped them with this, and is readily available. Why would Thai Airways pay for them not having their insurance in order?

Because in both cases THAI's customers have not used, or rather not been able to use the service (transportation) that they paid for. It's got nothing to do with travel insurance. That is entirely besides the point because this is a matter between the airline and the passenger. Actually, an airline ticket is a legal contract between an airline and a passenger. And, for your information, passengers are under no obligation to purchase travel insurance!

Fact is that THAI lost customers this way. And lost them permanently. And wouldn't you know, in these 2 instances it concerned business people (and their families and some senior staff). That is not good business practice! In contrast, the 2 businessmen concerned (each with his own company) do their damnedest to please their own customers so as to secure permanent repeat business. That is the way to run a profitable company!  

Because in both cases THAI's customers have not used, or rather not been able to use the service (transportation) that they paid for. It's got nothing to do with travel insurance. That is entirely besides the point because this is a matter between the airline and the passenger. Actually, an airline ticket is a legal contract between an airline and a passenger. And, for your information, passengers are under no obligation to purchase travel insurance!
Fact is that THAI lost customers this way. And lost them permanently. And wouldn't you know, in these 2 instances it concerned business people (and their families and some senior staff). That is not good business practice! In contrast, the 2 businessmen concerned (each with his own company) do their damnedest to please their own customers so as to secure permanent repeat business. That is the way to run a profitable company!  

Strongly disagree. Want flexibility, buy a more expensive ticket. For unforseen circumstances, buy travel insurance. Don't do either, accept the consequences, but don't blame the airline for your choices.

sent using Tapatalk

On 8/15/2016 at 1:56 PM, abhay malhotra said:

Hi,

I am Abhay. I am in similar situation. I booked 3 online tickets in a single transaction and now 1 of my friend has backed out due to some emergency personal work. 

I tried calling Thai airways but nobody picked the phone. I can't find any emergency contact no. I have dropped an email but by reading the forums i am assuming i won't be getting any response from them.

I would request if someone can guide me.

I am travelling on 16th september 2016

Regards

Refunds are not easy to get..

• 4 weeks later...

I frequently use Thai Intl's Contact centre in Bangkok to change full fare tickets, and very rarely are their issues with getting through to English speaking staff within a few minutes, provided off course you know how to dial the right number and work your way through the menu.

I live in Singapore, but always call the Thai Contact Centre in Bangkok as they are 24/7, speak English and always managed to settle every issue I have had within satisfactorily.

However, if one is unlucky, I have several friends who have used AirHelp with success, a startup focused specifically on assisting people with getting the correct refunds or compensations.

https://www.airhelp.com/en/

I try to always fly Thai Airlines but never book through them. So many hassles. So often my credit card is rejected yet no problems elsewhere. Now on a 12 month Thai visa. I anticipate problems returning to my home country in 12 months time. I may get an Aussie friend in Aust to book for me. lol 

Archived