I'm #1 Worst OpenSource Speller in Linux History. Any Good Solutions 4 Chrome Forum Spelling Help?

MrGaoMungGawn

Yes, it is true. I am the worst speller and don't like the results of this, my longest shortcumming.

What I need is some sort of dictionary add-on to Chrome that will automatically correct me errors as I type in real time.

I want a very extensive dictionary so that I do not need to stop and then search for the correct spelling of a difficult or estoteric word,

Everytime I mistype one.

What is available?

Mostly, as here, I start out OK, with the first letter being spelled correctly, but then the alphabet hits the fan.

In the MS Word program, this software has a pretty efficient spell checker which allows me to type fast while depending on the software to automatically correct for typos, caps, periods, mispellings, even before I ahve finished typing each world.

As you can see, whatever I am here using now, just does not do the job.

I am sure that others wouls like suggestions also.

I use Chrome, mostly,

Running on a linux computer.

I do not want to use the editors available in linux to first type each comment and then past into the comment area on TVF.

I just like to type the comment and hit the button in black, Post New Topic/Comment

Also, I have not yet gotten the LibreOffice spellchecker set up, but i neve r really liked it, and it is very slow to wake up and load.

There are some very powerful text editors available in linux of course, but I have never really gotten used to them, although they are about as powerful as you can get.

I like to paly around with them, but not for posting comments on TVF.

This is a pretty find topic I would say, and potentially very suful to some.

Thanks for any good ideas,

Because probably this probelm can be solved in 2 mintues if I just can find the correct software to install whcih will make up for my natural clumsiness at the keyboard, not to mention my natuarll proclivities to slothfulness and stubborn refusal to learn to spell.

Tks!

(I have been using the StarOffice program which has now become LibreOffice since about 1999, if I recall correctly. And I always liked it. A real shame that it wont' load faster, and be more polished. Whte word program by MS is about the best thing that Microsoft has ever done, I guess. But it is WAY overpriced, and it should be banned because it puts a strnagle hold on inovation when it does not allow free exchange of file types and formatting. This is why we need a universal opensoruce file system, which we already have, if only Microsoft and word would adopt it. Tks.)

Edited by MrGaoMungGawn

There also seems to be a program called Ginger, but I have not yet tried that. At the moment, I am again trying the ABC spell checker for Chrome, but it does not seem to provide the real time automatic word correction, to catch typos, as does the MS Word program., which is the type of application I was actually looking for.

There also seems to be a program called Ginger, but I have not yet tried that. At the moment, I am again trying the ABC spell checker for Chrome, but it does not seem to provide the real time automatic word correction, to catch typos, as does the MS Word program., which is the type of application I was actually looking for.

• 1 month later...