Phuket woman 'accidentally reverses' into truck, then canal

webfact

Eakkapop Thongtub

1389420037_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A Phuket woman 'accidentally reversed' her car into the canal near Index Living Mall in Vichit district yesterday.

Police, along with the Kusoldharm Foundation volunteers and ambulance crew arrived at the scene at 6pm (January 10) to find Prapatip Bamrungchon's car submerged in the 10-metre-deep canal. Her two children who had been passengers in the car were injured and taken to hospital.

According to initial investigations, Mrs Prapatip became distracted her children and suddenly switched lanes, cut in front of a truck, and then 'accidentally reversed' into the truck. Clearly flustered, she later drove into the canal.

Mrs Prapatip was charged with careless driving and causing damage to property.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-woman-accidentally-reverses-into-truck-then-canal-43966.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-01-11

I think they meant 10m from road to the bottom.

Note to self: Make sure the wife's new car has a rear camera, AND it floats.

Feel sorry for the Volvo...........sad.png

Must have a heck of a lot of air in those tires to sit that high in 10 meters of water, or perhaps it is floating.

...suddenly switched lanes, cut in front of a truck, and then 'accidentally reversed' into the truck. Clearly flustered, she later drove into the canal.

That sounds like quite an accomplishment..... How far is the canal from the road?

My ol' 760 estate was the most stable road car I ever had, it sat at 100mph a very happy motor. thumbsup.gif

That looks like an 850 SW, not worth crying for. Volvo went downhill after the 7's, I had a few 1&2-series myself. Excellent tractors, my 142 had over 1M km on it.

My ol' 760 estate was the most stable road car I ever had, it sat at 100mph a very happy motor. thumbsup.gif

That looks like an 850 SW, not worth crying for. Volvo went downhill after the 7's, I had a few 1&2-series myself. Excellent tractors, my 142 had over 1M km on it.

Back home my plan was to get an 850 T5 but....................sad.png

From reading the data available there is nothing "Accidental" about this issue. She is simple a shining example of incompetence that abounds in the driving community and is in fact a danger to herself ,her family and those in proximity to her when she is behind the wheel.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for the Volvo...........sad.png

Must have a heck of a lot of air in those tires to sit that high in 10 meters of water, or perhaps it is floating.

The 10 meter water depth must be a mistake. If that narrow klong were 10m deep the sides would be sheer and prone to continually collapsing, unless re-enforced with steel or timber shoring!

No doubt a local resident 'guestimating' for the newspaper.

As for the car tyres, they're probably inflated to 45 PSI minimum, or whatever pressure gives the appropriate sound when the treads are bashed with a stick....Thai style !

If she cut in front of a truck, both were clearly moving forwards. How could you do that, then reverse into it, while going forwards?

Possibly; "woman cuts in front of a truck, truck driver is annoyed, accelerates and rear-ends her, knocking her into a canal"? It seems to fit better.