Anyone got a Hotel to recommend?

Mossfinn

Gotta stay in Ubon in early Feb for a couple of days.

It has been suggested the Sunee Grande, but not the best of reports on the net.

It is going to be a stressful time, so requirements:

A pool to keep a six year old happy

Cool beers, to keep me happy

Rooms to be clean

Transport links not a requirement as we will have a vehicle

So not a large requirement, cost not an issue

Anybody got any personal reviews, and recommendations?

Cheers

Moss

Thank you Dilligad for such an exhaustive response. I almost put in my post, please do not link to an internet site, but I thought 'personal experience' would be adequate enough.

I wanted the personal experience of those that live in the area, Thad being a more objective view point for an example, not the occasional point to prove internet warrior, who had a one night less than positive encounter, and thought they might share the experience with other like minded individuals..

• Like 1

I have had 3 friends and their partners stay at the Sunee Grande in the past 6 months and all of them have given me glowing reports of the hotel. I have seen their rooms and on one occasion the Junior Suite and the rooms are great. The close proximity to the shopping mall with heaps of good restaurants, the cinema/bowling complex and the water park are part of the reasons they enjoyed the place. The hotel has a good gym setup with a very nice swimming pool. I would always recommend this hotel for people visiting Ubon

• Like 1

I posted a similar question in this forum a few months ago and as a result we stayed at Sunee. It was awesome and much better than anything I could've expected from Ubon. We stayed in LaiThong a couple of years ago with my parents when they came to visit us but the Sunee is a different league altogether. And we ate in the hotel restaurant and stayed in watching the band in the lounge 3 out of the 4 nights we stayed! That's how good the place was. We travelled with our 2 young kids too and everything was great.

So, in summation, I would recommend the Sunee hotel!!

• Like 1

I have had 3 friends and their partners stay at the Sunee Grande in the past 6 months and all of them have given me glowing reports of the hotel. I have seen their rooms and on one occasion the Junior Suite and the rooms are great. The close proximity to the shopping mall with heaps of good restaurants, the cinema/bowling complex and the water park are part of the reasons they enjoyed the place. The hotel has a good gym setup with a very nice swimming pool. I would always recommend this hotel for people visiting Ubon

A glowing reference indeed. The water park is an added measure,

Thanks for that sezzo

Moss

I would recommend T3 hotel nice people and friendly clean rooms sorry but no swimmingpool

I will check it out lempereur, but no pool is not great, dependent on where it is, perhaps the water park might suffice, if hotel is preferable

Moss

I posted a similar question in this forum a few months ago and as a result we stayed at Sunee. It was awesome and much better than anything I could've expected from Ubon. We stayed in LaiThong a couple of years ago with my parents when they came to visit us but the Sunee is a different league altogether. And we ate in the hotel restaurant and stayed in watching the band in the lounge 3 out of the 4 nights we stayed! That's how good the place was. We travelled with our 2 young kids too and everything was great.

So, in summation, I would recommend the Sunee hotel!!

Thanks KunMatt

Looks like the Sunee then

Moss

• 1 month later...