BANGKOK 24 April 2019 07:17
Jingthing

Major evidence that low carb diets not needed for long term weight loss/maintenance success

I am not against people being anal about measuring portions and calories. It's not a bad thing but it is a tedious thing. If that's what people need to do, so be it, but if you can find good results other ways, more casually just LOOKING at portions and knowing big from small, it's just seems more pleasant.

Also more practical if you can judge it by looking.

But i prepare most of my meals at home and it just comes natural to weigh my foods and plan my meals accordingly. I know how much meat i have and how many days it will last me. Same for oats and milk, but I am a really organised individual (maybe over the top)

I need to have certain things in stock I make sure i never run out of stuff. I know when I need to buy new vegetables for my juicing and how much i still have ect. (oh i dont weight the veggies i juice)

Question.. pardon my ignorance.. red meat.. does that mean beef or just beef that is not well done ?

Red meat includes beef, lamb, pork, goat, etc.

Personally, I feel going more veggie is a good thing to do for many people, it's also associated with changing to more thin type gut bacteria profiles, but I couldn't be a dogmatic full vegetarian.

Question.. pardon my ignorance.. red meat.. does that mean beef or just beef that is not well done ?

Personally, I feel going more veggie is a good thing to do for many people, it's also associated with changing to more thin type gut bacteria profiles, but I couldn't be a dogmatic full vegetarian.

JT with red meat do they mean not well done ? or even if well done it still counts to the group of red meat ?

Been a question of me for a long time... if it is about how well done it is then I almost never take red meat. Otherwise.. yes I eat pork and beef (not lamb or goat)

I am not against people being anal about measuring portions and calories. It's not a bad thing but it is a tedious thing. If that's what people need to do, so be it, but if you can find good results other ways, more casually just LOOKING at portions and knowing big from small, it's just seems more pleasant.

Also more practical if you can judge it by looking.

But i prepare most of my meals at home and it just comes natural to weigh my foods and plan my meals accordingly. I know how much meat i have and how many days it will last me. Same for oats and milk, but I am a really organised individual (maybe over the top)

I need to have certain things in stock I make sure i never run out of stuff. I know when I need to buy new vegetables for my juicing and how much i still have ect. (oh i dont weight the veggies i juice)

I use rice noodles a lot in cooking, and sometimes I amaze myself how little I use now per serving (yes I can feel it in my hand) compared to the amount I used to think was an OK portion! I can only estimate the difference, perhaps 1/4 or even 1/5. On the other hand, I just tend to throw in MORE vegetables. I really wish I had learned all this earlier in my life, but oh well, can't turn back the clock.

Edited by Jingthing

JT with red meat do they mean not well done ? or even if well done it still counts to the group of red meat ?

Been a question of me for a long time... if it is about how well done it is then I almost never take red meat. Otherwise.. yes I eat pork and beef (not lamb or goat)

It has nothing to do with the cooking style, raw to well done all the same. It's the type of meat. Non-red meats would include fish, seafood, and chicken.

That documentary (Weight of the Nation) I mentioned on another thread has some really good info about fatty liver syndrome, and yes it's a very serious health problem to have it and it impacts a significant percentage of fat people.

The GOOD NEWS from that program was that with relatively minor weight loss, like 10 percent off an obese person, weight loss to normal weight not needed, the fatty liver problem usually reduces significantly.

With fat issues, there are the health issues and the cosmetic issues. An obese person losing 10 percent hasn't really solved their cosmetic or social issues of being fat, BUT they can greatly improve on the health part.

I think this consciousness is really positive ... that pretty much ANY weight loss and keeping it off is really desirable regardless of how dramatic that weight loss actually is. Not saying of course that if a 300 pound man loses 2 pounds is anything, but starting at probably 10 percent, yes it is SOMETHING.

Edited by Jingthing

It has nothing to do with the cooking style, raw to well done all the same. It's the type of meat. Non-red meats would include fish, seafood, and chicken.

Thanks JT been struggling with that definition. Now i know.

I am not sure about low carb.. but I am sure about cutting out sugars and that taking a big load of carbs could cause insulin problems. So I still say it has it uses.

• Like 2

Yes I agree. Strictly limiting carbs like processed bread, pasta, white rice, etc. is a no brainer. You want to make more of your carbs unprocessed type. Radical pretty much NO carb "diets" are another level, not for me.

• Like 1

That documentary (Weight of the Nation) I mentioned on another thread has some really good info about fatty liver syndrome, and yes it's a very serious health problem to have it and it impacts a significant percentage of fat people.

The GOOD NEWS from that program was that with relatively minor weight loss, like 10 percent off an obese person, weight loss to normal weight not needed, the fatty liver problem usually reduces significantly.

With fat issues, there are the health issues and the cosmetic issues. An obese person losing 10 percent hasn't really solved their cosmetic or social issues of being fat, BUT they can greatly improve on the health part.

I think this consciousness is really positive ... that pretty much ANY weight loss and keeping it off is really desirable regardless of how dramatic that weight loss actually is. Not saying of course that if a 300 pound man loses 2 pounds is anything, but starting at probably 10 percent, yes it is SOMETHING.

I got told, that fatty liver is one big problem.

But fatty liver and heavy drinking is a killer....And in my home country that is just what people do.

Fatty liver and 2 liter wine per day finish off the liver......+ the believe that fat people can drink more alcohol without problems.

• Like 1

To clarify the language from the article about the success cases. They were saying MODERATELY high carb food intake. That's not the same as saying they were carb loading all the time. Moderate. So don't get carried away.

Another way to look at that is they were not consciously on a low carb or no carb program.

Edited by Jingthing

Those people who do those studies and researches, are obviously not going to advocate that low carb diet is good since the entire society was made to believe that it's all about carbs. They tell you that most of your calories daily should come from carbs and and that it is supposed to be the main source of energy. But why? Who says it? These are just studies made by people who get paid to say what they say therefore it's irrelevant. To me real proof is what matters. There is Dr Mauro DiPasquale for example. He is a world champion powerlifter who also happens to be a nutritionist. The man holds an honors degree in biological science and a medical degree in nutrition. His life achievements and his expert knowledge speaks for itself. No studies, no bullshit, just stuff that's proven to work. Like the diet that was created by him and proved to be effective. On the other side there was this guy, Vihjalmur Stefansson. The man lived with the Eskimos for a long time and followed their diet that consists of meat(which contains only fat and protein) only. He didn't just survive, he remained a well built healthy man with minimum excessive body fat. After he went back home, nutritionists didn't believe him so he agreed to do it again for a year straight. The results were the same. What those wannabe smart asses said? It's impossible. Well it is possible since he fu_kin did it. Anyway I am not advocating eating only meat or eating no carbs, but a low carb diet has been proven to work over and over again. It's a fact that there is no such thing as a balanced diet and the seven basic foods along with other things suggested by the smart asses are plain bs. The human body is something that we still don't understand.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Will you please quantify "low carb diet" in terms of numbers, carbs vs fat vs protein?

Those people who do those studies and researches, are obviously not going to advocate that low carb diet is good since the entire society was made to believe that it's all about carbs. They tell you that most of your calories daily should come from carbs and and that it is supposed to be the main source of energy. But why? Who says it? These are just studies made by people who get paid to say what they say therefore it's irrelevant. To me real proof is what matters. There is Dr Mauro DiPasquale for example. He is a world champion powerlifter who also happens to be a nutritionist. The man holds an honors degree in biological science and a medical degree in nutrition. His life achievements and his expert knowledge speaks for itself. No studies, no bullshit, just stuff that's proven to work. Like the diet that was created by him and proved to be effective. On the other side there was this guy, Vihjalmur Stefansson. The man lived with the Eskimos for a long time and followed their diet that consists of meat(which contains only fat and protein) only. He didn't just survive, he remained a well built healthy man with minimum excessive body fat. After he went back home, nutritionists didn't believe him so he agreed to do it again for a year straight. The results were the same. What those wannabe smart asses said? It's impossible. Well it is possible since he fu_kin did it. Anyway I am not advocating eating only meat or eating no carbs, but a low carb diet has been proven to work over and over again. It's a fact that there is no such thing as a balanced diet and the seven basic foods along with other things suggested by the smart asses are plain bs. The human body is something that we still don't understand. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is proof enough that it can be done I agree.

JT is talking long term, i think in our current society its hard to go low carb and that is why statistics still don't show it as working. Also I doubt many people go real low carb for a real long time. So it won't come up in the satistics. I believe it can help a lot in loosing weight, not sure if it is practical long term but that is the same with many food programs.

I believe low carb helps well if you are insulin resistant.

Well I think ormus is something thats really missing in the diets of people,theres a man david hudson whos been testing and perfecting the making of this substance for 12yrs,funded by the billionare that built bejing hospital for free in celebration for the 2011 olympics,and now he knows why officials wont welcome it into the periodic table(ormes)and as the fifth state of matter because humans would eat it and become superconductors and obtain the halo and live for a thousand years ask any scientist that knows it and youll see a profound look come over there face because they know exactly what its doing when its in this state,now he knows what the pile of dust was in the hands of egyptians serving it to humans and giant figures in the hyrogliphs were,the mana that fell from the sky for the israelites and moses was,it cant be stopped this is why gold is so expensive .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by stedyedy
  • Like 1