Where To Buy English Language Magazines 40s, 50s,...

PaulK

I'm looking to buy some old English language magazines in Chiangmai. National Geographic, Life, Time, Road and Track or anything similar that has pictures would be OK. I am not a collector. I will just cut out some pictures. Therefore, the magazines do not have to be in good condition. It's more important they be old. I tried a few used bookstores around town without any luck. Appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Ha, that reminds me... long time ago I found this HUGE stack of old (1970's) National Geographic magazines at the used book store at the little parking area at Thapae Gate, where you'd try to park but find it full when on the way to, err, Aroon Rai restaurant. :o

I went through the stack and only bought the ones with old stuff about Thailand. :D

Not sure if the shop is even there today, let alone any old magazines. (Doesn't hurt to ask though)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Have you checked with Raintree Resource Center? Because I've heard that they get some of the books and magazines from dead farangs without any family

053-262-660

OK. Will check it out. I know where it is....been there before. Great tip! Thanks

Not sure if the shop is even there today, let alone any old magazines. (Doesn't hurt to ask though)

Cheers,

Chanchao

I don't think that any of the Farang run used bookstores are selling National Geographics any more, however, the used place across from Suriwong Books has a lot of old English magazines as does the used book store behind Tanin Market on Chang Puak Road. They are both owned by Thais

A tip for the frugal; This is where most of the Farang used bookshops buy cheap books to resell. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I don't think that any of the Farang run used bookstores are selling National Geographics any more, however, the used place across from Suriwong Books has a lot of old English magazines as does the used book store behind Tanin Market on Chang Puak Road. They are both owned by Thais

A tip for the frugal; This is where most of the Farang used bookshops buy cheap books to resell. :o

Thanks George.

Hunter S. Thompson has left the building.