Myanmar Embassy during ongoing BKK Protests

tirak66

No reports at all to suggest any problem with the embassy at the moment.

Just be prepared for queues - last week the embassy staff reported numbers of applicants as 1,600 people on Monday and 1,300 people on Tuesday.

Tuesday-Thursday always best for pick ups, so aim your application day with this in mind.

Remember that there are 3 available turnaround periods:

Same Day - Must show proof of air ticket for travel that day or the next. Apply morning, pick up same afternoon 15.30-16.30

Next day. - pick up following afternoon

Second Day - pick up afternoon 2 days after applying

Embassy is open 9.00am-12.00pm for applications, 3.30pm-4.30pm for collections.

• Like 1

No reports at all to suggest any problem with the embassy at the moment.

Just be prepared for queues - last week the embassy staff reported numbers of applicants as 1,600 people on Monday and 1,300 people on Tuesday.

Tuesday-Thursday always best for pick ups, so aim your application day with this in mind.

Remember that there are 3 available turnaround periods:

Same Day - Must show proof of air ticket for travel that day or the next. Apply morning, pick up same afternoon 15.30-16.30

Next day. - pick up following afternoon

Second Day - pick up afternoon 2 days after applying

Embassy is open 9.00am-12.00pm for applications, 3.30pm-4.30pm for collections.

Many thanks for the advises SeaVisionBurma. I report to my wife

I will go for my personal visa only on Feb 3rd.., I hope situation will be less messy for that time

• Like 1

No problem. Don't forget 2 passport photos, the completed form (both sides if Tourist Visa) and a photocopy of your passport bio page.

Forms are pinned to the top of this section.

Let us know if you need more info, and please post again here if there is anything different or unusual when you apply for your visa - helps everyone out to have up to date info!

• Like 1

No problem. Don't forget 2 passport photos, the completed form (both sides if Tourist Visa) and a photocopy of your passport bio page.

Forms are pinned to the top of this section.

Let us know if you need more info, and please post again here if there is anything different or unusual when you apply for your visa - helps everyone out to have up to date info!

Just to confirm, my wife went this morning to the Embassy. She went by car (coming from Samut Prakhan) and she has been blocked in a trafic jam for long time, but once there everything was ok: she waited 2 hours in a queue and was number (about) 250 , then other 30 minutes at the desk. She asked for a standard visa in 3 days.

• Like 1