IKEA Kitchen experience -- anyone?

Anyone have any idea about the prices associated with professional IKEA kitchen installation? (I mean the services actually charged by IKEA for their professional installation / workers -- not your own labor).

(Including the prices for demolition of an old kitchen, shipping, and installation of a new one?)

Edited by Senechal

IKEA does not have their own installation services, they hire a third party company. I asked about 2 years ago and the price for 9SQM kitchen (without appliances and only with assembly) 130-150,000 THB. The company said they can do electricity, plumbing and tiles at extra charge through direct contract with them, not through IKEA, but they were quite expensive. You may consider knocking down the kitchen and making the basic preparation (based on IKEA plan) by some local chaps and then have them only deliver and assembly.

Apart from IKEA try INDEX, SB Furniture and Boonthavorn so you get some ideas and reference prices ...

Not the ideal solution, but if I were the OP I would head to a decent sized HomePro.

The larger ones have their own design department and will arrange installation at an extra cost.

At least one of the places mentioned above by a previous poster subcontracts the installation and charges at least double the cost it would cost you to hire your own labour.

At least two of the places mentioned above have prices that would make your eyes water, not so much the price if it was quality, in most cases you will get better quality and prices if you DIY (or buy the materials and have a competent tradesman fit for you).

I was in one place today, 250k baht, the material used was IMHO, junk.

• Like 1

One more thing to consider, a big chunk of my kitchen cost was the acrylic countertop, nearly 25k Baht...that gets subbed out to ModernForm by Ikea and they come and do that install separately, they were ok but made a huge mess...nature of the beast tho I guess. Ikea has cheaper counter top solutions...my actual cabinets were probably around 50k or so.

Edited by GAS
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my Ikea kitchen done. Did the plan myself at Ikea on the planner, the staff there is pretty helpful, but I took my time, made a bunch of revisions which I saved in my profile and finally settled on one.

I have a tiny condo, the crew that came to move all of our stuff out actually took out the old kitchen, which what not all that much.

We then had some new electricity and plumbing put in. I did the paint and then we had Ikea deliver and install the kitchen. The kitchen total with sink, hood, 2 burner stove was around a 100k I think.

Ikea install about 7% so maybe around 7,000 baht and worth it. They did a quality install, were quick and cleaned up after themselves and did all the small adjustments on the doors etc etc.

They also delivered it all from Ikea to my condo on 15th floor for something stupid like 650 baht.

Finally, I have bought lots of stuff from HomePro and Boonthavorn, best deal for kitchen will be Ikea if you can live with what they offer and not going full customs. Stuff has a 25 year warranty, hardware is all really decent Blum stuff with soft closers and all in all I am really happy with mine!

PS, they will quote onsite to take out your old kitchen and also if they need to to a bit of plumbing.

I had a funky drain setup and added hot water to my kitchen sink so my M&E guy handled all that stuff and the electrical to the stove and for lighting!

Great info. Thanks Max.

Would you say that 7% of cost is a relatively good way to estimate installation expenses?

Also -- did you consult with IKEA before hand about the electricity and plumbing setup required for the kitchen?

Yeah, I think 7% is the standard approx. install and build rate for all Ikea stuff, they can tell you for sure tho'!

Did not consult with Ikea on water/elec, basically did that on my own and with my m&e guy.

The other day I just bought a Faktum base cabinet and a wall cabinet and am hacking them up to build a bar...will match kitchen.

Don't think you will regret going the Ikea route, I am really happy with mine!

• Like 1

Try Kvik (http://www.kvik.co.th), they have a show room at Rama 9.

Why are you recommending them? Do they do installation? How much does it cost?

Do you also want me to design your kitchen and cook for you?

Easy tiger. I asked a question about experiences and costs associated with IKEA kitchen installation. You posted a link to another vendor with zero explanation, and didn't address the question whatsoever. Does this vendor offer cheaper installation services than IKEA?

By the way: I called them. They don't. So no only was your suggestion not relevant to the question asked, it also wasn't a good one.

And now you're throwing out snide comments? Yeah, go ahead and throw on a cute little apron and make me some larb moo.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 1/18/2014 at 10:22 AM, GAS said:

Just had my Ikea kitchen done. Did the plan myself at Ikea on the planner, the staff there is pretty helpful, but I took my time, made a bunch of revisions which I saved in my profile and finally settled on one.

I have a tiny condo, the crew that came to move all of our stuff out actually took out the old kitchen, which what not all that much.

We then had some new electricity and plumbing put in. I did the paint and then we had Ikea deliver and install the kitchen. The kitchen total with sink, hood, 2 burner stove was around a 100k I think.

Ikea install about 7% so maybe around 7,000 baht and worth it. They did a quality install, were quick and cleaned up after themselves and did all the small adjustments on the doors etc etc.

They also delivered it all from Ikea to my condo on 15th floor for something stupid like 650 baht.

Finally, I have bought lots of stuff from HomePro and Boonthavorn, best deal for kitchen will be Ikea if you can live with what they offer and not going full customs. Stuff has a 25 year warranty, hardware is all really decent Blum stuff with soft closers and all in all I am really happy with mine!

PS, they will quote onsite to take out your old kitchen and also if they need to to a bit of plumbing.

I had a funky drain setup and added hot water to my kitchen sink so my M&E guy handled all that stuff and the electrical to the stove and for lighting!

Did you have to pay a deposit before they start work? If so how much deposit does ikea ask for ?

I've had good and bad things from IKEA here.

A very good foam mattress that at 6,000B is vastly superior to a 20,000B Thai mattress.

A very good pine computer desk at 12,500B.

And a rather poor office chair at 2,500B which required steel arm supports to be made by a local chap (300B) to strengthen the plastic ones which broke within a few months of purchase, though the rest of the chair (fabric, gas strut) is OK.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:43 AM, tomazbodner said:

Had IKEA kitchen delivered and installed by their company. You just go to counter after paying and arrange delivery, then another counter where you hand over the printouts and they discuss installation and set up time after it's delivered. The IKEA guys were wonderful. The way they installed things and cleaned up later was exemplary. However I also bought slimline hood and... the Electrolux guy who came was unbelievable disappointment. Luckily I had manual for IKEA hood installation, so I knew what was needed and asked the guys to skip installing bottom plate, which they removed before putting it on the wall. Hood installing guy came hours late, had no tools with him, no plan how to install it, and in the end I had to do it myself, while he was just standing by, before he scooped up all the hood spare parts (like spare filters) and left, leaving kitchen full of wood shavings and hood full of holes it wasn't supposed to have.

So IKEA furniture - yes. IKEA's electrical appliances installation service - hell no.

If you don't mind mentioning, what did you pay for the fitting of the kitchen stuff?