Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

Hull used to be a good place for getting visas. It became a victim of its own success through too much exposure.

That's the problem with the internet. Great place for finding useful information but always ends up in killing the place being promoted.

The question is, after Sav goes to the wall, will there be anywhere else ?

Do they also issue multi non O based on having children instead of based on marriage?

They will but you must be the legal father of your child by way of marriage to their mother or legitimization of your parenthood by way of a court order or an Amphoe.

The last multiple non-immigrant O visa was obtained in KL in 2012, followed by an ED visa which will expire in July this year and on completion of studying a 12 months Thai language course.

In July, I intend to travel to Savannakhet to again obtain a multiple non-immigrant O visa.

I hold all the necessary documents for this visa which have been signed by my wife together with proof of funds in Thai bank (if required) but ONLY COPIES of the marriage cert (Thai and English). The original marriage cert was lost in England approx 17 years ago. (Married 36 yrs)

Of all the non-immigrant visas I have obtained over the years, including Hull in the UK, I have only produced copies of marriage cert. Will I have any problem in Savannakhet?

get the copy and try to get a khor rhor 2 form, which is the actual entry into the marriage register. it should only cost about 20 baht.

Problem is, ifin your case it might be only obtainable from the amphur where you were maried. But you can phone them and ask them to put the details in the online database. They should do that anyway, but not sure if they already got to your marriage year.

If they did, the K.R 2 form can be obtained from any amphur.

Married in Thailand 1978 (2521)

Sorry misread your post. You could get a copy or the equivalent form the Amphoe where you registered your marriage.

As said you could get a Kor Ror 2 that would probably satisfy them.

Do they also issue multi non O based on having children instead of based on marriage?

They will but you must be the legal father of your child by way of marriage to their mother or legitimization of your parenthood by way of a court order or an Amphoe.

Ok, thanks. Legitimization by my embassy and PP of my country does not count I guess?

Ok, thanks. Legitimization by my embassy and PP of my country does not count I guess?

I assume you mean your were able to register you child's birth at your embassy under the laws of your home country in order for them obtain citizenship. That would not be considered legitimization here.

Info about legitimization of your parenthood is here. How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

Being the legal father of your child would also allow you to apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a question myself now.

I was issued a multiple entry non imm 'o' ( based on marriage ) at Savannakhet on the 17th July 2013. Its validity expires on 16th July this year.

However, my latest 90 day stay will expire on the 1st July this year. As it happens, I will be in Kemarat for a wedding on the 29th of June. I know I can just cross the border at the Mukdahn bridge and get another 90 days ( bringing my stay up to 15 months )

but as it is so far from Bangkok I was wondering if I could forego using this visa for another 3 months and instead, apply for another multiple entry O based on marriage instead. Would save a long journey in October when I am expecting my mother over from the UK for a visit.

Any sound advice appreciated ...................thanks.

You can apply for a new visa without a problem since you it will be close to the date it expires.

O.k ....thanks for that. Thought it would be o.k. but wasn't sure. Kemarat is pretty close to Mukdahan so will be very convenient to do it then rather than have to return in 3 months time with my 80 year old mother in tow. thumbsup.gif

Hello. A question for Ubonjoe, who is very helpful and doesn't judge or insult. It doesn't seem to be on uk consulate sites. Would a single entry non o visa based on marriage have the same financial demands as a multiple entry as i only plan to go to visit my wife and daughter for a month in july. Thanks.

Hello. A question for Ubonjoe, who is very helpful and doesn't judge or insult. It doesn't seem to be on uk consulate sites. Would a single entry non o visa based on marriage have the same financial demands as a multiple entry as i only plan to go to visit my wife and daughter for a month in july. Thanks.

You can get a single entry non-o based upon marriage without a problem or need for financial proof. You can also get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife that would give you a total stay of 5 months.

There have been mixed reports about the multiple entry. Some have gotten them without financial proof.

@ubonjoe........just to clarify: that you were married to the child's mother at birth of the child, and therefore are mentioned on the child's birth certificate, is enough

to obtain a multi non imm O based on having children instead of based on marriage?

Also, does one still have to be married to the mother when applying for a non imm O multi visa on this basis???

Edit to add: would assume one also has to proof the child is in fact living in Thailand, no?

Edited by arminbkk

If you were still married to the mother of the child you would only be able to get the visa based upon marriage.

If divorced from the mother you will need a divorce decree giving you joint or full custody of the child.

They expect the child to be living in Thailand.

Hope it's not off topic but is it possible to get a tourist visa ( 60 days) at Savannaket? And how long would it take? UK passport holder. Done too many visa exempt entries (4) and need more time to show funds 800k have been in a Thai bank for 3 months for retirement visa

Hope it's not off topic but is it possible to get a tourist visa ( 60 days) at Savannaket? And how long would it take? UK passport holder. Done too many visa exempt entries (4) and need more time to show funds 800k have been in a Thai bank for 3 months for retirement visa

If you have the money in the bank already you can get a single entry non-o visa for being over 50. Take your bank book because Savannakhet has been reported as asking for it. You could also get one in Vientiane with just your passport.

The money only has to be in the bank for 60 days for the first extension and for doing a conversion to a non immigrant visa it just has to be in the bank.

You apply the morning of one day and pick up your passport the next afternoon.

• Like 1

If you were still married to the mother of the child you would only be able to get the visa based upon marriage.

If divorced from the mother you will need a divorce decree giving you joint or full custody of the child.

So one can only get a Non Imm O based on having a Thai child if one is divorced from the mother?

If not divorced (but still married to the child's mother), then one can only apply for Non Imm O based on marriage to a Thai?

Correct?

I did not know that, thought one had a choice.

As many have said before your advice Ubonjoe is invaluable. So hopefully last question ... The single entry non-o visa from Savannaket/Vientiene is valid for how long a stay for those of us over 50? As I understand it I must have funds in a current Thai bank account for at least 60 days.

So one can only get a Non Imm O based on having a Thai child if one is divorced from the mother?

If not divorced (but still married to the child's mother), then one can only apply for Non Imm O based on marriage to a Thai?

Correct?

I did not know that, thought one had a choice.

If you think about it for a non-o visa application there would not be any reason to have the choice because they have the same requirements. The only reason you could have for not wanting the one based upon marriage would be if you could not get the house book and ID card copies from her and/or signed by her.

For the an extension of stay immigration will not allow it because the financial rules are not the same (no 60 days for money in the bank for having a child).

My turn now :-)

What happens if you're renting a place in Thailand? Obviously there is no blue book to show.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If your wife or child is Thai they have to be listed in a blue house book. It dose not have to be for where they are living.

• Like 1

What happens if you're renting a place in Thailand? Obviously there is no blue book to show.

If your wife or child is Thai they have to be listed in a blue house book. It dose not have to be for where they are living.

So my name doesn't have to be on the blue book?

So my name doesn't have to be on the blue book?

Why and how would your name be in the blue house book. It is the wife or child's house book.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont know, that's the reason why I asked.

I thought the blue house book (house register) would need to have my name in stating my address in Thailand.

Obviously not.