Jump to content

Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet


Recommended Posts

On this non o visa based on marriage, do you still need to do a boarder run every ninety days?

Or can you just report to the local immigration every ninety days?

I ask this because you didn't have to show proof of 800k in the bank.

Normally when you show proof funds then you truly get set free from the boarder runs, 

and can just report to the local immigration each ninety days, 

which is much better than having to leave the country four times a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is to inform you folks that I myself (without my wife present) did apply successfully for a Multiple Non-O-Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Savannakhet/ Lao. My passport comprises seve

Good question, I don’t have to season money in a Thai savings bank account or get an income letter from my embassy in Bangkok that also costs me some twelve hundred baht. Then the way I travel (multi

No,but the other option is WORST: tell all your life, be victim of a police interview and show the photos of your room, bed and dirty sheets after crazy night. Which option do you prefer ? For me I

Posted Images

10 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:

On this non o visa based on marriage, do you still need to do a boarder run every ninety days?

Or can you just report to the local immigration every ninety days?

I ask this because you didn't have to show proof of 800k in the bank.

Normally when you show proof funds then you truly get set free from the boarder runs, 

and can just report to the local immigration each ninety days, 

which is much better than having to leave the country four times a year.

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry which means you must leave every 90 days for a new entry.

Only a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) issued by immigration allows you to stay in the country and do 90 day reports. The financial requirements for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai is 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht. The 800k baht number your mentioned is for retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry which means you must leave every 90 days for a new entry.

Only a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) issued by immigration allows you to stay in the country and do 90 day reports. The financial requirements for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai is 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht. The 800k baht number your mentioned is for retirement.

Thank you very much for that clarification UbonJoe.

Appreciate your time in doing so.

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if my following question has been previously answered in this thread, but; I'm about to apply for 2nd Non-O multiple entry based on marriage at Savannakhet and aside from the documents I provided for the initial visa last year, is there any extra documentation required for my 2nd visa? I seem to recall mention of a Kor Ror(?) document from local Amphoe office as evidence of my continued incarceration (marriage).....  thnx for any info guys.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Sorry if my following question has been previously answered in this thread, but; I'm about to apply for 2nd Non-O multiple entry based on marriage at Savannakhet and aside from the documents I provided for the initial visa last year, is there any extra documentation required for my 2nd visa? I seem to recall mention of a Kor Ror(?) document from local Amphoe office as evidence of my continued incarceration (marriage).....  thnx for any info guys.

 

There is no difference between the 1st or 2nd application.

Some people also give a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry but that is not a required document. A updated printout of it can be obtained at an Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2014 at 10:47 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

Interesting. Two questions: any idea whether they also issue based on Thai children, as some consulates that did, now are not? And as the Lao visa fee is cheaper in USD than THB - their FX rates are generously in their favour - does the consulate take the Thai visa fee in USD?

The Non-O based on Thai dependents is only single entry 90-days at Savannakhet, not multiple entry 1 year.

 

The Thai consulate requires Thai Baht.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, khunyod said:

The Non-O based on Thai dependents is only single entry 90-days at Savannakhet, not multiple entry 1 year.

 

The Thai consulate requires Thai Baht.

Did you notice the date on the post you quoted. "On 1/17/2014 at 10:47 PM, Jonmarleesco said:"

Many things have changed since then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you notice the date on the post you quoted. "On 1/17/2014 at 10:47 PM, Jonmarleesco said:"

Many things have changed since then.

The original poster's info is correct about the requirements. I was just filling in answers to the two questions that had not been answered. This post still comes up often regarding Savannakhet visa searches. I'm not vouching for all the info in this post, obviously but what I added is accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, shadowmaster1971 said:

I see on TV there is a PDF copy of the Non-O Application form used at Savannakhet Thai Consulate.  Is the form on TV still current?

As far as I know this form is still the being used. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend just send me a Message from Savannakhet about Multiple Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage. All as usual no problems no bankstatement :

 

His Passport and pictures

Copy house paper signed by the wife
I'd card signed by the wife
Copy marriage signed by the wife
Just show original
 
Still no problems for Non O
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This might seem silly but I have just printed the border Visa on arrival form in black & white ? do you think they would get offended if it does not have the colour emblem on top - One never knows here & dont plan on having to rewrite at the border

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...