Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

Ok just read through every post here again and understand there is parking at the bridge but still want to no how safe it is and do you pay for some one to keep an eye on it ,spouse like nong khai.

I see the Lena GH is the go but it's booked and the only hotel now with a pool is the http://www.agoda.com/en-au/daosavanh-resort-spa-hotel, at just over 2000bt .

Also read on page 4 somewhere a guy got the non O in one day ,is that still possible ?

Cheers.

AS you aproach the border friendship bridge you will see a car park on the left,I drove to the border gate and parked my car in a bus parking bay,I got required slips to fill in and sat at a table filled them in then moved the car to the car park, I left the car there for 3 Days whilst I was in LAOS and it was fine I didnt pay anything to anyone to leave it there.

• Like 1

Sorry, just to clarify my earlier comment re parking,, There's 2 parking areas where the car can be left beside the crossing, there's one beside the savanvegas office on the left hand side under roof that has 24 hr security, that's the parking area I was referring to, unsure about fees or whether it has security at the other one that's about 30 or 40 Mtrs closer to the border, the couple times I've been there that second parking area has always been full so can't comment on it

quote padsterj

AS you aproach the border friendship bridge you will see a car park on the left,I drove to the border gate and parked my car in a bus parking bay,I got required slips to fill in and sat at a table filled them in then moved the car to the car park, I left the car there for 3 Days whilst I was in LAOS and it was fine I didnt pay anything to anyone to leave it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry, just to clarify my earlier comment re parking,, There's 2 parking areas where the car can be left beside the crossing, there's one beside the savanvegas office on the left hand side under roof that has 24 hr security, that's the parking area I was referring to, unsure about fees or whether it has security at the other one that's about 30 or 40 Mtrs closer to the border, the couple times I've been there that second parking area has always been full so can't comment on it

quote padsterj

The open-air daytime carpark is sign-posted (in Thai?) that you should remove your vehicle by a certain time daily (I forget the closing time exactly). I think it's to stop people hogging the spaces! I arrived there at 9am on a Monday morning and only 6/7 other cars.

• Like 1

Hello. A question for Ubonjoe, who is very helpful and doesn't judge or insult. It doesn't seem to be on uk consulate sites. Would a single entry non o visa based on marriage have the same financial demands as a multiple entry as i only plan to go to visit my wife and daughter for a month in july. Thanks.

You can get a single entry non-o based upon marriage without a problem or need for financial proof. You can also get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife that would give you a total stay of 5 months.

There have been mixed reports about the multiple entry. Some have gotten them without financial proof.

See the copy of the email I received from Thai Embassy, Singapore last year below. Financial requirement for single entry visa is $2000 (52,000B approx). Of course, others may be different.

To apply for a thai spouse visa you have to fill in 1 form, 1 photo, letter from your wife to request for your visa, copy of her identity card and passport to be sign by her, copy of marriage certificate, updated bank statemnt of at least 400000bahts if you request for a multiple one year visa, S$2000 if you apply for a single entry visa, copy of airticket to travel in to Thailand, fee of S250 for multiple visa and S$100 for single entry

So if I do this run, To make a marriage visa I DO NOT need 400k savings or 40k a month of income proof?

There is no marriage visa done anywhere.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof at the consulate in Savannakhet that will require border runs every 90 days.

You can get a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage by showing financial proof. Then just make 90 reports to them with no need to leave the country.

this above is from Joe and what I believe correct ,I don't know why you put the Singapore rules in there,its kinda confusing .

I'm going SVK next week and will post what happens ,I've had 2 one yr non O visas based on marriage before ,one from Sydney ,one from Brisbane .both given with no financials .

Ps thanks for all the parking advice.Also anyone know if there's a place to change money there ?,need US dollars much cheaper than baht for Laos visa.

So if I do this run, To make a marriage visa I DO NOT need 400k savings or 40k a month of income proof?

There is no marriage visa done anywhere.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof at the consulate in Savannakhet that will require border runs every 90 days.

You can get a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon marriage by showing financial proof. Then just make 90 reports to them with no need to leave the country.

this above is from Joe and what I believe correct ,I don't know why you put the Singapore rules in there,its kinda confusing .

I'm going SVK next week and will post what happens ,I've had 2 one yr non O visas based on marriage before ,one from Sydney ,one from Brisbane .both given with no financials .

Ps thanks for all the parking advice.Also anyone know if there's a place to change money there ?,need US dollars much cheaper than baht for Laos visa.

There is a bank just in front of the parking lot before you cross. I put a post up about it on page 2 in this thread.

Edited by isawasnake

I just did this as well, followed the OP paperwork with no problems.

I stayed at the Homestay Indochina in Mukdahan for a night. It is very close to where you need to cross the border, so it is convenient if you get there late. The owner also allowed me to park my car there overnight for a 100 baht fee (I think parking at the Thai immigration/border parking lot is 150 baht a day??). Also, the owner of Homestay Indochina drove me to the Thai immigration station in the morning, which was very nice if him. On the way back, I was able to walk from the Thai border/immigration to the car, as it is less than a kilometer.

The difference between paying in dollars and baht for the Laos visa was 350 baht for me. In other words, paying in dollars saved me 350 baht. For those who like money, there is a KTB bank (blue bank) right at the border on the Thai side, just "in front" of the car parking lot (can't miss it). I got there at 830 am, which is right when the money exchange opened. I had plenty of time to get the visa the same day arriving at the bank at this time. I actually may prefer it this way, as I am assuming I missed a little early morning rush at the Thai consulate. Another note: it will also save you a few pennies to have single dollar bills on you, as the fee for crossing into Laos and out in the "off times" is 40 baht, or 1 dollar.

I was able to get better prices on Tuk-Tuks to and from the Thai consulate than op smile.png So, it is possible.

Highlight of the trip (if you drive there): picked up some honeydew (whitish colored) melons somewhere around 50 or 100 clicks west of Mukdahan. They have them everywhere in the area (say east of Roi Et), can't miss them, AND THEY ARE FRICKING AMAZING, best I have ever had.

Some coordinates if anybody may find useful:

KTB Money exchange at Thai border (OPEN 830 am!!) -- N 16.60236, E104.72414

Homestay Indochina (hotel in Mukdahan about 1 click from Thai border) -- N 16.59996, E104.71970

Royal Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, Laos -- N 16.56247, E 104.74468

Friendship Bridge II (Thai side) -- N 16.60062, E 104.73683

Good luck to all smile.png

Repost parking and bank info

• Like 2

I am italian, excuse my bad English and thanks for the answers. Can you help me? I wish to know if is possible. These new rules regard also the people that are married? I have 65 years my wife 70, we are marriage from 1992. I came in Thailand in 2005 for stay. Sometimes we have travelling every five mounth in Vientiane for take visa 0 three months and extended two and sometimes I get permit 1 year. In these moment I don't have money, I must to sell one house for have, my pensione is last time 32.500 baht a mounth, for me and my wife is enough for live but no is same they want. Now I am afraid, do you think that all is finish? Do you think that after 23 years of marriage they can tell me. "" You've must to go !!!. "Thanks for the response.

Edited by Jomtien1993

I am italian, excuse my bad English and thanks for the answers. Can you help me? I wish to know if is possible. These new rules regard also the people that are married? I have 65 years my wife 70, we are marriage from 1992. I came in Thailand in 2005 for stay. Sometimes we have travelling every five mounth in Vientiane for take visa 0 three months and extended two and sometimes I get permit 1 year. In these moment I don't have money, I must to sell one house for have, my pensione is last time 32.500 baht a mounth, for me and my wife is enough for live but no is same they want. Now I am afraid, do you think that all is finish? Do you think that after 23 years of marriage they can tell me. "" You've must to go !!!. "Thanks for the response.

Since you are selling the house, you will be able show either 400,000 Bt in bank for marriage, or 800,000 for retirement, the latter is easier because there is less paperwork.

Otherwise, as you mentioned, you will have to go to Savannakhet, you can try getting a non-imm O multiple entry without showing any money.

• Like 1

Thanks. I don't know world for speak thank you to you. You have make for me a very big thing. We prefer not sell the house if is possible, but the other solution is ok. We live near Vientiane, Udon Thani, so no problem. One milion of thanks, grazie, grazie, grazie.

You could get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet with no financial proof needed.

If you sell your house. You could use the combination method to do the extension of stay based upon retirements with 410k baht in the bank and you annual income of 390k baht.

Or marriage with 400k baht in the bank.

Thanks. I don't know world for speak thank you to you. You have make for me a very big thing. We prefer not sell the house if is possible, but the other solution is ok. We live near Vientiane, Udon Thani, so no problem. One milion of thanks, grazie, grazie, grazie.

Prego. Check that Savannakhet could be even better than Vientane, as they give multi-entry, valid one year, do border hops every 90 days, or extend every entry further 60 days for Bt 1,900.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Prego. Check that Savannakhet could be even better than Vientane, as they give multi-entry, valid one year, do border hops every 90 days, or extend every entry further 60 days for Bt 1,900.

you have to leave Thailand every 90 days come back in get new 90 day stamp

• Like 1

What I was saying, one can also extend each entry for other 60 days, so it's 150 days between border runs. Clause 2.24

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

• Like 2

What I was saying, one can also extend each entry for other 60 days, so it's 150 days between border runs. Clause 2.24

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf

Will not be doable as O-Multy based on marriage has to be used no later than the enter by date. It will only be feasible to get a 60 day extension for visiting wife until your last 90 day entry.

Will not be doable as O-Multy based on marriage has to be used no later than the enter by date. It will only be feasible to get a 60 day extension for visiting wife until your last 90 day entry.

That is not correct. Any of the 90 day entries can be extended by 60 days. There is no requirement to wait for the visa to expire.

You can do 90+60 then a new entry and repeat it. Then another one that would give you 15 months total. Or you could skip the last 60 day extesnion and do an entry just before the visa expires and then extend it and get 18 months total.

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I are getting married soon and for the time being the multiple entry route via Savannakhet seems ideal. Can someone tell me if multiple entry simply means no re-entry permit required? I know I have to leave every 90 days and come back, but I plan on going home a few times this year. Will the visa become invalid if I'm out of the country for a certain period of time?

My girlfriend and I are getting married soon and for the time being the multiple entry route via Savannakhet seems ideal. Can someone tell me if multiple entry simply means no re-entry permit required? I know I have to leave every 90 days and come back, but I plan on going home a few times this year. Will the visa become invalid if I'm out of the country for a certain period of time?

No need for a re-entry permit because the visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from date of issue.

You can stay out of the country for as long as you want and do an entry as long you do it before the visas enter before date.

Just a quick report;

I drove up to Mukdahan on Sunday afternoon, stayed in the River Front hotel on Sunday night, and then after breakfast yesterday at 8am I took a tuk tuk to the bridge. I passed through immigration and in to Loas fairly quickly. I was at the Thai consulate for about 9.45am, filled out my forms and waited in line to pay my B5,000 and hand in my documents, this only took around 30 - 40 mins and I was on my way for something to eat. I collected the visa (Non Imm 'O' Multiple Entry) 5 hours later at 3.30pm and I was back home in Ubon at 8pm last night.

Documents submited were;

Copy of wifes house book (signed and dated by wife)

Copy of wifes ID card front and back (signed and dated by wife)

Copy of mariage certificate front and back (signed and dated by wife)

Original marriage certificate

Copy of my passport front page (signed and dated by myself)

B5,000 fee

Hope this helps.

I had to stay in Laos overnight. Is there some cutoff time where you get it in before you can pick it up same day? If so, what is that time?

HI guys,

I know this was just covered in the last few posts but I have to go on Friday morning (I'll be first there...), do you think I will get it back same day given its Friday and upcoming Bank Holidays etc, if not would I have to stay in Laos until Wednesday next week (is that correct given the Queens birthday?).

Again sorry I know this same day things has been answered but If anyone who has had regular dealings with this consulate could tell me is there anything I need to do to ensure I get the application completed in one day (any agents on the bridge like Vientiane?). I have all the paper work, double checked, but its the first time I've been at this particular consulate and really don't fancy 4 or 5 nights in Savannakhet..

I am applying for a Non Imm O Single Entry and my current stamp expires on the 9th (Saturday) so have to go Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Paddy

I think the same day service is quite recent, I was there a couple months back was still next day then

Thanks for that comment. Did not realize. That is great, really. This stop to obtain a visa just got that much better.

HI guys,

I know this was just covered in the last few posts but I have to go on Friday morning (I'll be first there...), do you think I will get it back same day given its Friday and upcoming Bank Holidays etc, if not would I have to stay in Laos until Wednesday next week (is that correct given the Queens birthday?).

Again sorry I know this same day things has been answered but If anyone who has had regular dealings with this consulate could tell me is there anything I need to do to ensure I get the application completed in one day (any agents on the bridge like Vientiane?). I have all the paper work, double checked, but its the first time I've been at this particular consulate and really don't fancy 4 or 5 nights in Savannakhet..

I am applying for a Non Imm O Single Entry and my current stamp expires on the 9th (Saturday) so have to go Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Paddy

I gotta say I would try my hardest to go another day, both for less people, less stress and you wont have to worry about that as much.

If you must then just double check your paperwork, and the required original docs and I am sure you will get it in a day based on reports. I just bet there will be a rush that day is all so I would really try to avoid it.

Edited by isawasnake

Just a quick report;

I drove up to Mukdahan on Sunday afternoon, stayed in the River Front hotel on Sunday night, and then after breakfast yesterday at 8am I took a tuk tuk to the bridge. I passed through immigration and in to Loas fairly quickly. I was at the Thai consulate for about 9.45am, filled out my forms and waited in line to pay my B5,000 and hand in my documents, this only took around 30 - 40 mins and I was on my way for something to eat. I collected the visa (Non Imm 'O' Multiple Entry) 5 hours later at 3.30pm and I was back home in Ubon at 8pm last night.

Documents submited were;

B5,000 fee

Hope this helps.

I had to stay in Laos overnight. Is there some cutoff time where you get it in before you can pick it up same day? If so, what is that time?
I was there and got the non O based on marriage yesterday ,I got there at ten to 11am ,just in time got the forms put em in and got out as they were closing the gates .they give you a number to hand back in when u return to pick up the passport ,mine was 200.

Came back and waited at the closed gate at ten to 3 ,heaps of Lao people waiting there .

Be carefull when the gates open it was like a stampede ,one guy lost a thong and few fell over.

I was fairly close to the front and got mine and was out in ten minutes ,the line stretched way out the gate as I was leaving ,but was moving fairly fast .

I was back at the undercover car park ,thai side before 4pm .

Undercover car park costs 250bt for one night ,was planing to stay in Lao one night but my kids passport only had five months and they wouldn't let him in , and running out of time I went alone with a really nice thai bloke that shoved me in his car helped fill out all the border stuff each side and got me there as I said just in time .

He waited all day for me and got me back ,cost me 2000bt but would not have done it without him and my family would have had to get a hotel thai side and be stuck there till late the next day.

Thanks all for the advice:-)

Just a quick report;

Documents submited were;

B5,000 fee

Hope this helps.

this gives me so much hope of getting my Non O i had the money in the bank in Jan this year but spent it on the new house, then they changed the laws and i have been fretting ever since.

Thank you for this update

You're a star.

• Like 1

I did the mission to Savannakhet on Thursday 7th August to get the Non Immigrant O visa (marriage).

I arrived the next morning (Friday 8th) at 830am and the gates opened at 9am.

There were around 40 people, mostly from Laos.

We all lined up outside of box number 1 - and I was number 34 in line.

After around five minutes I handed in my documents to the Thai consulate officer. The documents were as follows:

1. Application form with two passport photos attached with paper clip. I ticked non immigrant visa and put down the number of entries as "5".

2. A signed and dated (myself and wife signed) copy of my marriage certificate. Front and back of cert on one piece of paper.

3. A signed (wife and I signed) and dated copy of the Kor Tor 2 form. Front and back on one piece of paper.

4. A signed and dated copy of my passport front page.

5. A copy of my wife's national ID card (front and back) signed and dated.

6. A copy of my wife's Tibian baan book signed and dated by my wife.

7. 5000 baht cash inside my passport.

The officer looked over my paperwork and gave me my ticket and said come back at 330pm.

I arrived back at the consulate at 215pm and the doors opened at 220pm. I walked in with around 20 others and lined back up at the number 2 window. I was around number 15 in line.

I gave them my ticket and I got my passport back with a one year non immigrant o visa.

I did not need proof of funds. I hope this helps everyone. Cheers

• Like 2