Bomb at railroad track in Cha-am, no injuries

webfact

Bomb at railroad track in Cha-am, no injuries
By Digital Content

13900223012021.jpg

PHETCHABURI, Jan 18 -- A bomb exploded at a railroad track in Cha-am late last night, forcing a delay in train services but no reports of injuries.

Phetchaburi police said the bomb was placed under the rail track, 680 metres from the Ban Cha-am station.

The explosion occurred at 3.50am cut the rail track and damaged two tracks. The blast left a 40 cm deep hole at the foundation of the track.

Three trains had to wait at Hua Hin station in Prachuap Khiri Khan, awaiting the track repair.

It was expected that services would resume at around 10am. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-18

Southern rail line bombed in Cha-am

1-18-2014-12-45-27-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Southern rail line linking Phetchaburi with Bangkok was damaged in a predawn bomb explosion today in which local authorities suspected was an attempt to intercept southern trains to carry anti-government protesters to join the mass protest in Bangkok.

The explosion happened eight minutes after the Bangkok-Trang train left the Cha-am railway station. The scene of explosion is about 500 meters from the station

Phetchaburi Governor Monthien Thongnit inspected the damaged rail line with railway officials this morning and said the bombing of the rail line might be intended to intercept the people from the south to join the protest in the capital.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal police said C4 plastic explosive was used in the bombing which ripped off the line.
Railway workers are expected to repair the broken line and put it back to service before noon today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/southern-rail-line-bombed-cha/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-18

What is the betting that this has been arranged to delay protesters from the south getting to BKK for the weekend.

I would normally think 'red shirts' but more likely CAPO and the police.

Not being a betting man, I won't speculate on the suspects in this incident. I'll sit this one out and watch.

Yep and suthep has brought up people from the south where they use bombs daily against the government. this is good. suthep will get what he wants and that is blood in the streets again.

Mann you have some screwed up logic.

How did you get southern bombs (by PULO and JI) connected with Suthep? And with these people, who are the VICTIMS of these bombings?

The only connection with bombs in the south was when RED extremists carried out bombings around Bangkok, the explosives were identical to the ones used against the army in Narathiwat and Songkhla.

Care to share your insight?

Identical explosives? Similar perhaps, but then I haven't inspected the scene or evidence.

Yep and suthep has brought up people from the south where they use bombs daily against the government. this is good. suthep will get what he wants and that is blood in the streets again.

You are so desperate for violence aren't you seem to repeat this same mantra many times daily. You keep telling us this is exactly what Suteb wants, you seem to think you know what he wants better than even he does. You are clearly deluded however as if he wanted violence and a coup as you mental red idiots keep on and on, he could have made that happen any time over the last 2 months and yet he hasn't. Furthermore he has publicly stated this is not his aim and I think it is the truth, yes I may be biased, but he is correct in his assertion that a coup would just bring the reds for a fight and that can only lead to violence. Maybe you should take in less Red propaganda and more of what people actually say and do....

And by the way mr. xenophobe, not every southern Thai is a bloody bomb maker, some of them happen to be my friends and they are extremely nice people.....

• Like 1

IN MY OPINION ( Something a heck of a lot of you should start saying in your posts ) A clear effort by red nutjobs to try and stop anti government joining the protests, the timing is far too coincidental to think otherwise....

OK!

In tingtongteesood's opinion, this is a clear attempt by yellow nutjobs to stop the flood of protesters going home because they know they've lost.

It's not what Suthep wants, it's what the people want..Shins GET OUT !!!

Edited by shiok

IN MY OPINION ( Something a heck of a lot of you should start saying in your posts ) A clear effort by red nutjobs to try and stop anti government joining the protests, the timing is far too coincidental to think otherwise....

OK!

In tingtongteesood's opinion, this is a clear attempt by yellow nutjobs to stop the flood of protesters going home because they know they've lost.

This is a great example of the tactics used by Toxin / PT / UDD to brainwash the reds. Take a statement someone said, change it into a lie and spread that lie in the hope the sheeple will believe it and never find out the truth. You have learnt well young brainwashed sheeple....

Looking at the pictures, it seems to me that the person who arranged the explosion knew what he was doing. Small enough to disrupt, yet not cause major damage. Had the responsible party wanted to derail a train killing or injuring passengers, it could have easily been done. This type of explosion requires training and skill to set up. As such, it cannot be categorized as something a run of the mill "redshirt" or "Suthep" supporter could have done successfully.

I do not believe it is a stretch to believe that the responsible party has had training in the use of explosives and had access to the explosive. As such, this event suggests that the person who set up the explosion has had military training and may be an active member of the military. There are munitions kept in the Cha-Am/Hua Hin area and it will be interesting if anyone bothers to check the inventory. There are easier ways to hold up a train such as feigning a signal problem or mechanical breakdown. The method used here suggests a strong attempt at intimidation, and a very clear warning.

OK!

This is a great example of the tactics used by Toxin / PT / UDD to brainwash the reds. Take a statement someone said, change it into a lie and spread that lie in the hope the sheeple will believe it and never find out the truth. You have learnt well young brainwashed sheeple....

Thank you master, you have taught me well, I can now tread the rice paper and leave no marks. I think I am ready!