BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Daffy D

20K for Toyota Nav Upgrade!

Daffy, be a man. Take control of the navi, reset it and see if it works.

Then mosy on down to the local gold shop, to make amends.

Er! Can I be half a man and leave the Nav as it is ? Then I won't get the blame if we get lost thumbsup.gif

And will save a trip to the gold shop biggrin.png

Well you started the OP asking for help what have you done about it as some advise has been offered that might help?

OK! OK! 1zgarz5.gif a reset it is

crying.gif

Let us know how you get on. On several occasions my map has played up. The little car was going but not on any road + that infernal women stopped talking. Popped into my local Toyota garage and all the bloke did was go to reset and away it went. Haven't lost any setting's as that I was told was in another part of the thing. If it go's on the blink and it has I just reset it all come's back. Can even do it whilst your on the move. It will close down but then it pop's up again a min: or so later.

Maps for all built in car gps are very very expensive from the manafacturer.

I strongly suggest buying a gps that uses SpeedNavi as they use the ESRI package that Garmin used to use when they were popular. (Best map there is for Thailand). You can get a good unit like the Kazzar for about 5000 baht from many BTS stores. Updates are free for one year and only 900baht a year after that. THere are two updates a year.