Haulage Outfit

Mahseer

Newbie here, in and out of Thailand since 81 and here in CM for last 2 years:

Can someone tell me the name and local address of the haulage outfit that moves stuff all over the Country for a minimal fee. A mate moved gear from Phuket to the North East and it cost next to nothing but suprisingly (to me at least) he actually received exactly what he shipped. Needless to say I can't get hold of the bloke for details.

Every likelihood there's more than one so any recommendations? I'm looking to ship to Phetchabun.

Thanks

Have no idea about their prices but you can give them a call.

Chiangmai :

PREMIER TRANS EXPRESS CO. LTD

307/1 Moo 6, Chiangmai - Hod Road T Mae-Hea, A. Muang Chiangmai 50100 Thailand

Tel: +53 227 311 / 272 633

Fax: +53 804 582

It sounds like you're talking about ETO (Express Tansport Organization). They are run by the government, who has threatened to close them down for at least the last 10 years... I'm pretty sure they're in business, but not sure for how long... I've used them a couple of times to move a long distance, and I recall them as good and cheap

Chiang Mai Tel. 053-248 719

They still might be located on the Super, just past the CAT office.

Was it Nim See Seng?

Almost certainly Nim See Seng. They have a "door to door" delivery service. Their depot is almost bang opposite the Maejo Road junction on the Super Highway. They have loads of trucks, cranes and heavy equipment etc. parked out front there.

We have a truck, until recently sublet to them, doing the CM/Bkk run every couple of days.

A cheaper option (for smallish to medium packages) is to use the interprovincial bus service. Put your goods on a bus going to the destination you require and arrange for the recipient to meet it at the other end. We use this method frequently.

It sounds like you're talking about ETO (Express Tansport Organization). They are run by the government, who has threatened to close them down for at least the last 10 years... I'm pretty sure they're in business, but not sure for how long... I've used them a couple of times to move a long distance, and I recall them as good and cheap

Chiang Mai Tel. 053-248 719

They still might be located on the Super, just past the CAT office.

Went there the other day - Closed down with a "Keep out, trespassers will be cooked and served up with Nam Prik" sign in Thai taped to the gate.

It probably was ETO I was originally after as I recall governmental involvement once I read the post, thanks for this but maybe Nim See Seng are also government run although can't see the wisdom of running against each other but you never know. I'm offshore at present but will check NSS when I return next week (I'm looking at shipping furniture so bus option won't fly but certainly appreciate the information).

Thanks a lot.

Nim See Seng are a good bet as furniture shippers. They do it regularly. I think maybe 1/3rd of our trips were carrying furniture or something similar.

They are definitely not a government run institution. They are owned by a Chinese-Thai family, of whom two brothers are currently TRT MP and Senator for Chiang Mai. (So much for an independant upper house.) They are very close friends with Taxin, but NSS is definitely independant of government control.

Their rates are still quite competitive as they have barely raised the fuel allowance for their indipendant contractors! We used to net somewhere between 3 to 6K per trip before the fuel hikes. We had to give up when it started costing us to carry their goods! The truck is now working in Esarn for another independant haulage firm.

jd....I'm looking to ship from Chiang Mai to Phetchabun so no option to consolidate here and as is evident I am not the one for recommendations.

p1p - whats your best bet for say 25 cu mtr to Phetchabun with Nim See Seng. Village is on the main route to Bangkok so no great detours involved.

Thanks

I'm sorry, I really do not know how they price their loads. We were paid on a per-trip basis, with a little extra depending on load value, the distance and load weight. You would need to contact them for a quote.

The number I use for them is 053 244 801, or you could drop in to their city office, which faces on the little roundabout at the entrance to the Municipal Stadium on Rattanakosin Road.