Expat bar in Mahasarakham

Mr Yim

At long last there is an expat bar in Mahasarakham - BB Bar. It is a small bar on the right hand side towards the end of the Klong (driving from the Vasu Hotel direction) and has been opened for 2 months or so now. The bar is run by the beautiful wife of Kiwi (Garth). Last night we had a good gathering of expats (13 in total) and hopefully this will be a regular occurance. The price of the beer is comparable to the cheapest bar prices in town (60 baht for a big bottle of Leo or Chang). The bar has a pool table and serves food. Farang food is limited to french fries at the moment but who knows, if the custom is there, they may look into adding to the menu. It would be nice to get a bit of an expat community going in Mahasarakham so lets make this work.

Cheers

Mr Yim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very sorry for dumb question ..down klong..is that past taksila/bus station or other way .Im confused as to up and down especially as a kiwi involved.many thanks

Just seen this as I was looking for a thread from a few months back about ex pat bars in Mahasarakham.

I would think that if it's on the right going from the Vasu hotel then it would be on the same side so it would be heading west away from Chaeng Sanit Rd where the vocational college is.

I'm sure somebody else will give more info

very sorry for dumb question ..down klong..is that past taksila/bus station or other way .Im confused as to up and down especially as a kiwi involved.many thanks

I have never been at BB Bar, but further up the klong from Vasu, you have Bar 33 on the left hand side (across the klong) and Play Bar on the right hand side. I think that BB Bar must be somewhere around Play Bar. At the end of the klong on the left hand side (across the klong) you have this Thai house converted into a restaurant build by an American a long time ago.

The bar is on the same side of the road as the Vasu Hotel much further than Bar 33, a short distance from the 7eleven, which is over the bridge on the opposite side of the klong. There are normally 2 or 3 blue and white hooped cars parked outside the adjoining premises.

Dilligad. Yes there is. I have been a couple of times. She has a good menu but apart from spaghetti carbonara and pizza, nothing was available on the times I visited. The pizza's were ok but I would rather travel to 101 in Roi et for a pizza.

The bar is on the same side of the road as the Vasu Hotel much further than Bar 33, a short distance from the 7eleven, which is over the bridge on the opposite side of the klong. There are normally 2 or 3 blue and white hooped cars parked outside the adjoining premises.

Then it can't be more than 100 meters to the end of the klong?

h

Can I suggest Google Maps or Earth instead of this constant to and fro-ing. We will be back up on the farm end of Feb and would also like to know where.

h

Can I suggest Google Maps or Earth instead of this constant to and fro-ing. We will be back up on the farm end of Feb and would also like to know where.

If I get a chance to go there I'll try to get a location so you can get there.

You're on your own when it comes to finding your way home.

I have been surprised many times in Thailand when the subjet is a farlang bar or a restaurant. And the reason for this is that many times they don't have anything on the outside that says that this is a farlang bar. It's like they don't want to make money at all. I have tried for two days now to find the bar. I'm sorry, but I can't find it.

I have been surprised many times in Thailand when the subjet is a farlang bar or a restaurant. And the reason for this is that many times they don't have anything on the outside that says that this is a farlang bar. It's like they don't want to make money at all. I have tried for two days now to find the bar. I'm sorry, but I can't find it.

I believe signage is taxed more if not in Thai script. Local officials visit the premises 6 months after the place is registered with them.

Maybe this will change upon the entering into the ASEAN community?????

I do agree with you that signage is Important to a business in order to succeed.

Black pudding and beer!

Now that's what I call a menu!!!!!

Okay, this may sound silly, but what is black pudding?

Its a sausage like substance made out of congealed blood, hence the colour. Cut in slices and served sometimes with an English breakfast (if you live north of Watford).

Its a sausage like substance made out of congealed blood, hence the colour. Cut in slices and served sometimes with an English breakfast (if you live north of Watford).

Much better answer. No offense but it's something I wud not enjoy eating whilst drinking beer lols

I visited the pub for the first time last Saturday and a very affable crowd of Foreigners and Thai were present.

Currently to my knowledge Saturday is the busiest night.

I think until things really gain momentum Thursday - Saturday are possibly the best night to make the initial visit?

To aid in supporting this new venture I will add a Google map link/GPS cordinates here probably tomorrow.

Would be great to see more joining as there was talk of a monthly BBQ if numbers can be maintained on Saturdays?

I visited the pub for the first time last Saturday and a very affable crowd of Foreigners and Thai were present.
I think until things really gain momentum Thursday - Saturday are possibly the best night to make the initial visit?
To aid in supporting this new venture I will add a Google map link/GPS cordinates here probably tomorrow.
Would be great to see more joining as there was talk of a monthly BBQ if numbers can be maintained on Saturdays?

I have been checking EVERY meter of the road from Center Point and down for a farlang restaurant. And I give up after 3 days searching for the restaurant.

I have been checking EVERY meter of the road from Center Point and down for a farlang restaurant. And I give up after 3 days searching for the restaurant.

Where has anybody called the place a restaurant? It's a bar that may have a BBQ sometime in the future.

Hope you find it Norlind. I think you deserve a free beer when you get there! : )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To my knowledge the proprietors have been in BKK since Sunday, back the later part of this week (maybe today/tomorrow?)

Not sure if the premises were open and managed by the Landladies son during these few days?

Anyway by 5pm tonight directions will be posted here

Ok, first things first.

Sign on the shutter states they re-open again this Friday 31st.

Google Map link here-----> BB Bar

Attached photo will assist in locating this place. of an evenings the parked fleet of blue & white Siam Smail Card vehicles make a very visible landmark to look out for.

post-26180-0-58703900-1390977359_thumb.j

Archived