Expat bar in Mahasarakham

Mr Yim

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in the BB bar last week and chatting with Garth and his wife... fantastic place and very friendly.

Does anyone know of a Hotel with a swimming pool in Maha Sarakham ?

I have heard the Taksila Hotel now has a pool but when I went to look it was like an Olympic swimming pool and not that appealing.

There must be a few others around surely...

Glad to hear all"s good in BB bar

BB Bar is no longer a farlang bar. It has a new thai owner now. And to say that the old BB Bar was a friendly place to stay I think is to take the word friendly a little bit too far.

Glad to hear all"s good in BB bar

BB Bar is no longer a farlang bar. It has a new thai owner now. And to say that the old BB Bar was a friendly place to stay I think is to take the word friendly a little bit too far.

From info in post 62 I'm confused ? Are Garth and his wife customers or owners now.

I was made welcome there the few times I went but obviously different strokes for different folks.

I have been surprised many times in Thailand when the subjet is a farlang bar or a restaurant. And the reason for this is that many times they don't have anything on the outside that says that this is a farlang bar. It's like they don't want to make money at all. I have tried for two days now to find the bar. I'm sorry, but I can't find it.

I believe signage is taxed more if not in Thai script. Local officials visit the premises 6 months after the place is registered with them.

Maybe this will change upon the entering into the ASEAN community?????

I do agree with you that signage is Important to a business in order to succeed.

As long as the sign has at least some Thai writing, the tax will be lower. The highest rate is for signs purely in a foreign language.

I have been surprised many times in Thailand when the subjet is a farlang bar or a restaurant. And the reason for this is that many times they don't have anything on the outside that says that this is a farlang bar. It's like they don't want to make money at all. I have tried for two days now to find the bar. I'm sorry, but I can't find it.

I believe signage is taxed more if not in Thai script. Local officials visit the premises 6 months after the place is registered with them.

Maybe this will change upon the entering into the ASEAN community?????

I do agree with you that signage is Important to a business in order to succeed.

As long as the sign has at least some Thai writing, the tax will be lower. The highest rate is for signs purely in a foreign language.

True and that fits in nicely with the concept of ASEAN doesn't it as the International language is ...............

Answers on a postcard (inThai)

A bit off topic, but in regards to signage:

EVERY business sign has to have Thai script by law. Even 7/11, tesco, Big C. In most of these cases you won't notice it as it is written really small on those huge signs, to the point that it's barely readable if you do actual locate the Thai script on the sign.

As for taxation...not 100% sure on the exact detail, but it depends on how many farang letters it has and / or the size of those letters.

The Thai writing on a English sign has to be located in the top right corner and translates the name of business. If it's not in the top right corner you will be subject to a higher tax.

The difference can be quite alot.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey... just arrived at this place..

So, is there any suggestion for a nice bar where the people can understand english ? :'') *desperate*

Try 20 Up Bar by the canal. The owner speaks a little bit english and the waitresses are mostly young students and they speak some english. My girlfriend who works there speaks english well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived