Espresso Machine Repair in Chiang Mai

Celcius

I noticed the service department at Hillkof while having a coffee; and was wondering what is generally the problem with so many machines in for repair, given the high price of many of these machines. I had been eyeing an espresso machine for the home; but have decided to wait. coffee1.gif Cheers

• Like 1

Hilkoff wouldnt reapir my bean to cup, despite me knowing exactly what the problem was (blown boiler element) simply citing coupldnt get parts.. I explained I knew the item, already found it online, and would order it myself.. I just wanted them to do the fitting and they wouldnt.. Not very service minded.

Boncafe have reapired a seaco that I didnt buy through them, but they do sell the same model.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, Ravi98008 said:

I know that it has been 6 years but can I please ask you how much you paid and what you meant by reasonable price

You didn't ask me, but my wife just had her machine repaired by Hilkoff (I'm sorry but I can't remember the brand, which I think starts with 'E'- it's a small but professional-grade machine that cost ~100K new)- it had been unused for a while and we decided to get it going again.  One of the two pumps needed replacing, and only one of the four 'pour setting' buttons worked (this was apparently a major job to fix)- it cost 14K to repair, and now works like new.  They originally quoted 20K, so I was happy to hear it was less in the end.

The repair guy was very nice to deal with and picked up and returned the machine in a Hilkoff truck.

Edited by flare

Hi Celcius, When my small DeLonghi was playing up I contacted De L in bangkok via facebook. Very helpful english speaking guy put me in touch with their CM repair agent, out in Mae Hia.

After calling him, he collected it, repaired it, and brought it back-under warranty. He was a very good guy and I think a one man band and not expensive. I have just searched unsuccessfully for his card.  Maybe if you contact the maker of your machine theywill point you towards their man in CM.

If not, you could be cheeky and ask De Longhi for their chiang mai repair guy. he is not exclusive to them.

Best of luck

6 hours ago, beau thai said:

Hi Celcius, When my small DeLonghi was playing up I contacted De L in bangkok via facebook. Very helpful english speaking guy put me in touch with their CM repair agent, out in Mae Hia.

After calling him, he collected it, repaired it, and brought it back-under warranty. He was a very good guy and I think a one man band and not expensive. I have just searched unsuccessfully for his card.  Maybe if you contact the maker of your machine theywill point you towards their man in CM.

If not, you could be cheeky and ask De Longhi for their chiang mai repair guy. he is not exclusive to them.

Best of luc

8 hours ago, flare said:

You didn't ask me, but my wife just had her machine repaired by Hilkoff (I'm sorry but I can't remember the brand, which I think starts with 'E'- it's a small but professional-grade machine that cost ~100K new)- it had been unused for a while and we decided to get it going again.  One of the two pumps needed replacing, and only one of the four 'pour setting' buttons worked (this was apparently a major job to fix)- it cost 14K to repair, and now works like new.  They originally quoted 20K, so I was happy to hear it was less in the end.

The repair guy was very nice to deal with and picked up and returned the machine in a Hilkoff truck.

8 hours ago, flare said:

Hello beau and flare,. Thanks for the update.  I asked how much you guys paid is I wanted to get an idea as to where do I draw the line when they quote a price to a point that I better get a second opinion price. For example I am going to yok intertrade first next to Bangkok Hospital . The tech is coming to my place. If the price is reasonable then ok too high I will go to Hillkoff store. These are the 2 choices.  Just because you came in 100 K. Mercedes to get a 30K espresso machine repaired I don't think that they will quote a different price than a local Thai. Big repair shops for cars, electronics and appliances don't charge by " local " and foreigner. That is my presumption. A fruit vendor, vegetables vendors may spontaneously jack up the price when they see who is buying. Then again not in Chiang Mai I am guessing. May be in Bangkok it could be true. In Chiang Mai I see happy faces everywhere.  I am only referring to urban Chiang Mai.  Any how thanks again.