Immigration Crackdown in North-East Thailand

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but won't all this be relaxed regarding citizens of neighbouring countries when AEC comes into force?

And 40,000 people blacklisted ! WOW that is a phenomenal amount ohmy.png

Estimates of 3 million from the neighbouring countries alone working here. 2 million supposedly illegally without the money to pay their way out of it.

It's 2% of the 2 million working here at the same time.

You're right. I mis-typed. I'm concerned about my friend who received a red stamp in her passport in Laos and now she's relying on the 15 day Cambodia runs. If she gets a red stamp there as well do they stick her on the next plane back home or toss her in jail?

Quote....

Following an ongoing and thorough investigation into foreign visitors, the Immigration Bureau found repeated patterns of irregularities, with some foreign nationals re-entering the country as many as 60 times, each for a duration of between 15 and 30 days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately-or Fortunately ???----I don't live in Thailand--but they can obviously reduce this number significantly by easing the Visa requirements for foreigners who want to live there-- and meet the cash or retirement qualification---but that's too easy --and not profitable I suppose

I guess they will have to do something in the next few years to keep money in the country from tourist and ex-pats alike---or am I being too optimistic rolleyes.gif

Edited by Bucko
  • Like 1

So they're not concerned about the Cambodian visa runs?

Reading the opening post of this topic I did not get the impression that it is about foreigners who travel to Cambodia to get a new visa from a Thai consulate in that country.

There is a labor shortage in Thailand and real wage inflation. These laborers are doing work that Thais are either unavailable to to or refuse to do. The country needs these people. I really hope this is one of the many crackdowns Thailand initiates and then neglects over time.

• Like 2