Hotel Advice In Kanchanaburi

duan

I am planning to spend a few days in Kanchanaburi on my next trip to Thailand. Having read through the various relevant posts on this forum it appears that you have a choice of either staying in town or riverside near the bridge. If I stay riverside I would like to be able to see the bridge from the hotel and I have seen the photo from the Felix but am concerned that it is on the other side of the river from the other hotels and may therefore be more difficult to find tuktuks from there. I am trying to weigh up the various options and would greatly appreciate any recommendations for good quality hotels both in town and riverside with a view of the bridge.

Felix is a quality hotel ... and SOME rooms have a view of the bridge ....

if you don't have your own wheels an want places to wander in the evening they CAN call the local version of a tuktuk for you ... or bring a torch and walk across the bridge ...

now ... all that being said ... Kan has some great budget accom ....

I have stayed at lots of places there ... the lst time ON the river ... good mattresses .. good ac ... goood hot water ... tiny personal balcony ... and wifi (no TV) for 400 a night ...

Edited by jdinasia