Tourist drugging gang caught in Hua Hin, also active in Bangkok and Pattaya

ukrules

This is breaking news but I can't post in the news forum so here you go :

An organised gang who've been targeting, drugging and robbing tourists have been caught by the police in Hua Hin.

This has been ongoing for some time now and the police have been gathering CCTV evidence and looking for them.

One of the attached photos is of the gang, the other is of a recent victim who apparently slept for around three days after being drugged by these people.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/talayhuahin

This guy on facebook is a journalist for the Daily News in Thailand, there's also video of a police interview with the gang on the facebook page.

They admit to doing this 10 times in Hua Hin alone but also say they have been doing the same thing in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Apparently they grind the tablets down to a powder (with their teeth) and put it in some kind of snack or fruit that the victim eats. They're using Alprazolam (Xanax) and some unidentified white tablet which is the strong one. The police officer correctly stated that the 'purple coloured' Alprazolam tablets themselves are not very strong, not strong enough to knock the vitim out and it was confirmed that the 'white tablets' contain a strong and very dangerous drug involved in this crime.

The policeman said that people could die if they took too many of these white tablets which are particulary strong and dangerous.

They hired a guy to drive around looking for older foreign tourists as victims, when he found them he contacted the women who then moved in and introduced themselves as people who do 'Thai Massage'.

The victims had lots of money and valuables like laptops stolen. I heard of someone who was a victim in this last weekend as he lives near to me and news was travelling fast on the local gossip network.

The leader of the gang, the woman dressed in black is married to a foreigner and apparently lives in a 10 Million Baht house in Bangkok !

I suspect she will be moving the a much larger house in the near future !

post-44895-0-22400300-1390650527_thumb.j

post-44895-0-17973600-1390650536_thumb.j

• Like 1

Wow....there are 400 something words in that "report" and you only remember "foreigner"

Although one might understand that you jumped to conclusion (as pointed out by UKrules) I wonder how one can speculate that the husband had something ( anything ) to do with the crime

The man happens to be married to a suspect.

Furthermore, being a foreigner means, in that case, a person who is not a Thai National which definitely doesn't make him a farang

I already replied above this post, don't need you to state I jumped the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Skint

If you want Thai massage, why not go to one of the large number of Thai massage parlours in Hua Hin, rather than agree to enlist the services of a suspicious individual who sidles up to you obviously for an ulterior motive?

I know of at least 1 uk farang was turned over about 12 months ago, while he was dozing, she got him to open his safe and took the lot,

Shame his hotel didn't request I.D. before letting her in, he woke up obout 3am and wandered down to reception completely naked, hadn't got a clue what was going on or where he was, took him 2 days to realise what had happened. It was his own fault, he would pick woman up off the street or beach and take them back to his hotel, was still doing it a week later, never learnt.

Grinding the Tablets down to a powder... With their teeth???

Sure. That'll work.

Not.

Now that line alone makes me doubt the entire article. Please, try chewing one paracetamol, in your mouth, into a powder. Not a goo. Now, take say 20 normal sleeping pills and do the same, never mind the sludge. Feel dizzy? Imagine doing this with the real thing.

Even criminals should'very learnt about mortar & pestle.

Not really impossible.... just use a small cloth sack, toss two pills in...and grind away at one corner.

Not the method I would use..however.

Sure. That'll work.

Not.

Now that line alone makes me doubt the entire article. Please, try chewing one paracetamol, in your mouth, into a powder. Not a goo. Now, take say 20 normal sleeping pills and do the same, never mind the sludge. Feel dizzy? Imagine doing this with the real thing.

Yeah. What did they do? Chew up a load of pills on Monday, fall asleep until Friday and work the weekend shift?

• Like 2

Sure. That'll work.

Not.

Yeah. What did they do? Chew up a load of pills on Monday, fall asleep until Friday and work the weekend shift?

It sounded like they were lying to me too, they were found with two plastic bags with plenty of whole uncrushed tablets in them. It's all in the video.

Instead of taking them to prison, courts for a triall etc, just save time and do it extrajudicially for these lower life forms, make them take a very strong overdose of xanax , say like 200 tablets each. I will volunterr to pay for the tablets for each of them . Good riddnace to scum like that and also their immediate families.

Sure. That'll work.

Not.

Not really impossible.... just use a small cloth sack, toss two pills in...and grind away at one corner.

Not the method I would use..however.

Probably work with a little plastic baggie although why not just use a small hammer I don't know.

Odious crime.

You have got to be bloody careful all the time now in Thailand......driving, crossing a road, using your credit cards,being careful what you drink etc etc. So different from the Thailand I fell in love with 14 years ago !

I agree but it's to be expected. Unfortunately criminal elements target Thailand because the police are in league with them so there is no effective force to combat crime.

Possibly the other "white stuff" could have been Palfium a very strong synthetic narcotic commonly abused. It would have the result of making the sedative effect of Xanax much greater......but who knows these days?

If you want Thai massage, why not go to one of the large number of Thai massage parlours in Hua Hin, rather than agree to enlist the services of a suspicious individual who sidles up to you obviously for an ulterior motive?

Because the victims are no doubt retarded individuals who think they can get more for their baht besides massage.

Who can fell sorry for these people NOT ME