NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the person who made the video knows what exactly he saw.

According to news reports, the protest leader was shot while standing on a car with loudspeakers. I don't see any on that truck and neither does it look like how the usual protest vehicles look, so I assume it's not the scene of the killing.

We are quickly coming to the point, where the military will get more crap, for not having a coup, than it gets for having one.

Common soldiers, flyboys and Navy, get off our butts and take control of this Country, so things can get sorted out again. We don't need any more bloodshed. We need someone to stop this mess!

Navy, Navy, Navy!

And that makes it ok that he was shot dead????

He should be arrested when he arrived in the morning. police didn't dare, because many protesters are armed. Potential voters took the justice into their own hands.

The next Sunday protesters will be more careful to choose their targets for intimidation and biting voters

• Like 1

He was from the student network, not pcad.

Protesters are the minority in bkk and they will suffer further losses next Sunday, if they try to block polling boots

That is not true.

The leader said more than 6 million came out on the street to protest in Bangkok alone.

BKK have 10 million people.

So, not counting those supporter at home, 60% of Bangkok people will go to black the polling stations.

Just like today, more than 90% (47 of total 50) of the polling station were closed by Suthep's PCAD.

Edited by Suriya4

What was the point of blocking the elections in BKK anyway? BKK was always heavily Democrat anyway, it wouldn't change the outcome.

Two reasons. If there aren't enough MPs elected, government can't be formed, and with so many people .it being able to vote, the election result ends up being a bit irrelevant.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

One protester killed and four injured at Bang Na polling unit

1-26-2014-4-05-05-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A protest leader was shot dead and four others were injured allegedly by red-shirt followers at Wat Sri-iam in Bang Na, Bangkok Metropolis before noon on Sunday.

The dead victim was identified as Mr Suthin Tharathin of the People’s Army to Overthrow Thaksin regime, which is a faction of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

Mr Ravee Raschamadol, a member of the PDRC, said that the protesters were leaving a polling unit at Wat Sri-iam at about 11 .m. after they had successfully pressured the election officials there to shut down the advance voting.

After having left the temple for a while, the protesters encountered about 100 motorcycle-riding red-shirt followers who tried to block the protesters’ convoy. Then several gunshots were fired allegedly from the red shirts.

Suthin who was riding on a truck equipped with loudspeakers was shot and fell from the vehicle. The protesters then returned to the temple to seek shelter as red-shirt followers were gathering outside the temple. Gunshots and explosions were heard, said Mr Ravee.

Suthin was later rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead shortly afterward. He was shot in the head and neck. Four others were injured by gunshots.

PDRC core member Sathit Wongnongtoey questioned why police stationed at the polling unit in the temple came out to stop the red shirts.

The besieged protesters were later helped out of the temple.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-protester-killed-four-injured-bang-na-polling-unit/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=one-protester-killed-four-injured-bang-na-polling-unit

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-26

"However, the protesters encountered a group of Redshirts who were rallying to defend the election venue, and violent clashes ensued."

that's the biggest problem in this nonsense, no red shirt has to protect election venue but police

And military supposedly, but this is exactly what they want.. Thailand's in free fall from here.... Nothing but retaliation.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app