NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

What was the point of blocking the elections in BKK anyway? BKK was always heavily Democrat anyway, it wouldn't change the outcome.

The point (that most seem to miss) is that it is NOT a right in Thailand to vote - it's a duty - You HAVE to vote, not really democratic right ? In my homeland I decide weather I want to vote or not, that is NOT the case in Thailand...

Blocking polls make it impossible to vote, and peoples do not have to say "I break the law and do not vote" - they are free to say - I was not able to vote...

IF more than 50% is not going to vote - one or another reason, then the election is not valid...

What Suthep want is to make reforms to pave the road to democracy, as most in here know democracy (not like in Irak under Sadam where voting also was mandatory) and THEN have free elections with free peoples free to vote or not, what ever they decide...

This is a false argument people should they choose could go and just vote for a minor party out of protest or just spoil their ballot and not face any problems whatsoever.

Many countries have a requirement to vote they do not go all fascist about it, just another excuse about democracy, i am getting real tired of hearing people defend blockading a legit and legal election process. In your own country you would be jailed for it end of story and yet you come here and defend this barbarity and infringement on the most basic right of democracy.

Suspending democracy to uphold it is a totally false argument and has often been used by the worst of history as an excuse. Shame on people thinking this is a good idea here.

Shame on peoples who do not see the need of real democracy here or in the world as a whole... No one is suspending democracy here - a lot (millions) are asking for reforms BEFORE election... Not asking for NO election...

• Like 2

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When voting is mandatory it opens the possibility that someone go from door to door (let's just say in rural areas) collecting ID cards and saying "mai bpen rai - I can help You no need for You to go"

That is a lot more difficult if peoples just choose not to vote, and stay home...

• Like 1

What was the point of blocking the elections in BKK anyway? BKK was always heavily Democrat anyway, it wouldn't change the outcome.

The point (that most seem to miss) is that it is NOT a right in Thailand to vote - it's a duty - You HAVE to vote, not really democratic right ? In my homeland I decide weather I want to vote or not, that is NOT the case in Thailand...

Blocking polls make it impossible to vote, and peoples do not have to say "I break the law and do not vote" - they are free to say - I was not able to vote...

IF more than 50% is not going to vote - one or another reason, then the election is not valid...

What Suthep want is to make reforms to pave the road to democracy, as most in here know democracy (not like in Irak under Sadam where voting also was mandatory) and THEN have free elections with free peoples free to vote or not, what ever they decide...

This is a false argument people should they choose could go and just vote for a minor party out of protest or just spoil their ballot and not face any problems whatsoever.

Many countries have a requirement to vote they do not go all fascist about it, just another excuse about democracy, i am getting real tired of hearing people defend blockading a legit and legal election process. In your own country you would be jailed for it end of story and yet you come here and defend this barbarity and infringement on the most basic right of democracy.

Suspending democracy to uphold it is a totally false argument and has often been used by the worst of history as an excuse. Shame on people thinking this is a good idea here.

Shame on peoples who do not see the need of real democracy here or in the world as a whole... No one is suspending democracy here - a lot (millions) are asking for reforms BEFORE election... Not asking for NO election...

blink.png That IS suspending democracy, especially if your advocating a peoples council to do it facepalm.gif

Gods teeth man are you thai by any chance ?

Edited by englishoak

blink.png That IS suspending democracy, especially if your advocating a peoples council to do it facepalm.gif

Gods teeth man are you thai by any chance ?

I do not know what You would use that information for ? I do know that I wonder weather You really are a native english speaking person, I could have my doubts as You clearly do not know the definition of suspending...

By implementing democratic rules You do not suspend democracy - not in any book I have been able to find...

Anytime someone in Thailand starts a protest - it be yellow, red or just a public uprising - then there will be someone at some time who are talking about "coup d'etat" - not really something you would expect in Austria or France right ?? Why is it a problem to peoples who supposedly are grown up in free democracies to see that democracy also allow people to disagree and protest ?? And why is it a problem to make reforms to enhance a democracy, and get away from old thinking style - if You are a regular reader of TV - then you MUST know that Thailand have some internal problems to battle - about corruption, and stuff - wouldn't it be nice to see reforms that aim to change that ??

• Like 1

I am disgusted. Look at video.

at 1:40 you see one of the red-shirt thugs using the Thai flag to bash the window of a car. This is after the shooting of protestors in the street.

I am appalled..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwv44THcXD0&sns=em

How do you know they are red ? they could be either yellow or local enraged non affiliated a lot of these red or yellow flags come from the Wat. I certainly don't have a clue and neither do you.

The red shirts and protestors were openly attacking each other there so unless you have evidence implicating another party, it is a reasonable assumption that those who attack the protestors were red shirts.

Definition of terrorist: person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In countries like the US, Norway, Germa y etc. etc. This simply wouldn't happen. The Governments have full control over Army and Police. And they perform the corrections what need to be done to restore Law. And Order. Unfortunately Thailand has a long way to go before being a sincere serious democracy. One aspect is the always doubtful role / position of where stands the army. It would be really good if Government and Army show their power now in a joint venture. Later it can be seen if the Thaksin era better comes to an end. But that comes beyond this Anarchy now.

"It would be really good if Government and Army show their power now in a joint venture"..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good God ! What a great idea ! Why did not someone think of this before !

But wait, last time it happened, back in 2010, the Army and Government did their best to rid the city of a pack of dangerous terrorists and were branded murderers.

Do you think it would be ok to try it again today ?

Definition of terrorist: person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In countries like the US, Norway, Germa y etc. etc. This simply wouldn't happen. The Governments have full control over Army and Police. And they perform the corrections what need to be done to restore Law. And Order. Unfortunately Thailand has a long way to go before being a sincere serious democracy. One aspect is the always doubtful role / position of where stands the army. It would be really good if Government and Army show their power now in a joint venture. Later it can be seen if the Thaksin era better comes to an end. But that comes beyond this Anarchy now.

"It would be really good if Government and Army show their power now in a joint venture"..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But wait, last time it happened, back in 2010, the Army and Government did their best to rid the city of a pack of dangerous terrorists and were branded murderers.

Would you be burnt at the stake as a heretic for thinking there was a time before 2010? Is that day one in PAD land? Oh we don't call them PAD now do we. and we don't call coups coups on here anymore do we.

Another dead end argument in support of an armed gang who were driving around Bangkok closing down polling stations.

You need history lessons that go way backfore 2010. But, you won't get them on here will you?

• Like 1

Would you be burnt at the stake as a heretic for thinking there was a time before 2010? Is that day one in PAD land? Oh we don't call them PAD now do we. and we don't call coups coups on here anymore do we.

Another dead end argument in support of an armed gang who were driving around Bangkok closing down polling stations.

You need history lessons that go way backfore 2010. But, you won't get them on here will you?

May I recommend the lessons on Democracy as being taught in the UDD red-shirt school for Democracy with regular teachers Ms. Thida and Dr. weng?

Mind you the UDD celebrated 1932 as 'start of democracy in Thailand', in 2012 if I remember correctly. Now of course if you think we should go back to those good old days wink.png

BTW is this really related to the topic of a protest leader killed, shot at least twice because someone didn't like him?

Edited by rubl

May I recommend the lessons on Democracy as being taught in the UDD red-shirt school for Democracy with regular teachers Ms. Thida and Dr. weng?

Mind you the UDD celebrated 1932 as 'start of democracy in Thailand', in 2012 if I remember correctly. Now of course if you think we should go back to those good old days wink.png

BTW is this really related to the topic of a protest leader killed, shot at least twice because someone didn't like him?

Not liked him.. Probably didn't know who it was. Just see the mob and the speakers invading temple. Note from the video, they did start to fight from the speaker truck and were shooting from it as well. The speaker truck drove off with gun fire coming from the top deck and this probably didn't cool the hot heads in the reds group.

They then ran as, like all bullies, they are not used to being stood up to. Quite clearly this was a fight and shoot out that the mob lost. They were not ambushed and killed and there was plenty of opportunity for them to have driven off.

Not liked him.. Probably didn't know who it was. Just see the mob and the speakers invading temple. Note from the video, they did start to fight from the speaker truck and were shooting from it as well. The speaker truck drove off with gun fire coming from the top deck and this probably didn't cool the hot heads in the reds group.

They then ran as, like all bullies, they are not used to being stood up to. Quite clearly this was a fight and shoot out that the mob lost. They were not ambushed and killed and there was plenty of opportunity for them to have driven off.

'plenty of opportunity for them to have driven off'

Ah, the old "turn the other cheek" ploy. Next you'll tell me it was his own fault and he looked the wrong way rolleyes.gif

When voting is mandatory it opens the possibility that someone go from door to door (let's just say in rural areas) collecting ID cards and saying "mai bpen rai - I can help You no need for You to go"

That is a lot more difficult if peoples just choose not to vote, and stay home...

Voting is mandatory in Australia, it is an offence not to vote but what you say doesn't happen there.

Could be a revenge attack for the gun attack against the Red Shirt leader a few days ago.

Or maybe just someone who has lost their livelihood and can no longer feed their family because of these morons. ( on both sides )

Where have all the flowers gone?

Voting is mandatory in Australia, it is an offence not to vote but what you say doesn't happen there.

GREAT!!!

Australia also don't have a lot of political motivated killings, big government overthrowing demonstrations, so what is Your point ??