'Where does one get to meet nice ladies aged in their 40's"?

andreandre

Here are a couple of ideas. There are a lot of lovely Thai women over 40 who are not married. And you would be challenged to tell they are 40+. Not certain about foreign women who seem generally to be quite young or quite a bit older, it seems.

Has someone mentioned studios which teach dancing? Or, with female friends, some older women go to popular venues for ballroom dancing, not disco. That includes Thais and foreigners.

Not sure cruising the market is a great place to start, but it might be if you are subtle and present yourself well. That means at the very least a shower and a shave! That's anywhere, certainly, never mind going marketing!

Another thought. Check out those who mind shops, not the over-lacquered lovelies with the clown faces and tight skirts who, it seems, are generally are of the younger crowd. Or, you might chat up a manager in a place like Central.

What about volunteering? Can you do a decent job of teaching English ? Single Thai teachers might be of interest and interested.

Above all, think about what you offer for them! And I am not talking about being an ATM.

Yes..shower and shave huh?..at least? that's an interesting concept..giggle.gif

Here are a couple of ideas. There are a lot of lovely Thai women over 40 who are not married. And you would be challenged to tell they are 40+. Not certain about foreign women who seem generally to be quite young or quite a bit older, it seems.

Has someone mentioned studios which teach dancing? Or, with female friends, some older women go to popular venues for ballroom dancing, not disco. That includes Thais and foreigners.

Not sure cruising the market is a great place to start, but it might be if you are subtle and present yourself well. That means at the very least a shower and a shave! That's anywhere, certainly, never mind going marketing!

Another thought. Check out those who mind shops, not the over-lacquered lovelies with the clown faces and tight skirts who, it seems, are generally are of the younger crowd. Or, you might chat up a manager in a place like Central.

What about volunteering? Can you do a decent job of teaching English ? Single Thai teachers might be of interest and interested.

Above all, think about what you offer for them! And I am not talking about being an ATM.

Well I can relate to that comment. I well remember a couple of years ago sitting with a guy in a small bar in CM,we got chatting and he was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't meet any eligible age women.He was I guess around late 50's. he was wearing a singlet and board shorts ,had 2 days growth of beard, and smelt like an ash tray.Now if that's his daily standard it wasn't surprising that women would not be encouraged to start up a relationship with him.

I remember many years ago when teaching, mature age,25-40 year old, female students, in Bangkok, their pet dislikes were

(a) Foreigners who wore singlets and flip flops .Especially in shopping malls.

(B) Personal hygiene, Thai's rarely have body odour and they don't like unshaven men unless it well kept facial growth

© They can't abide smokers (how many Thai women 30 plus do you see smoking ?)

(d) They are very concious of the fact that social drinking can lead to excess and they have enough of that from their own men folk.

That's why they prefer to stay single and employed.

You learn a lot about Thai women when you were in the position I was. In a group they are quite animated and frank.

There is no magic formula for meeting a prospective partner. Right place ,right time ,be prepared !

• Like 2

Well I can relate to that comment. I well remember a couple of years ago sitting with a guy in a small bar in CM,we got chatting and he was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't meet any eligible age women.He was I guess around late 50's. he was wearing a singlet and board shorts ,had 2 days growth of beard, and smelt like an ash tray.Now if that's his daily standard it wasn't surprising that women would not be encouraged to start up a relationship with him.

I remember many years ago when teaching, mature age,25-40 year old, female students, in Bangkok, their pet dislikes were

(a) Foreigners who wore singlets and flip flops .Especially in shopping malls.

(cool.png Personal hygiene, Thai's rarely have body odour and they don't like unshaven men unless it well kept facial growth

© They can't abide smokers (how many Thai women 30 plus do you see smoking ?)

(d) They are very concious of the fact that social drinking can lead to excess and they have enough of that from their own men folk.

That's why they prefer to stay single and employed.

You learn a lot about Thai women when you were in the position I was. In a group they are quite animated and frank.

There is no magic formula for meeting a prospective partner. Right place ,right time ,be prepared !

I guess guys like that are around, but never have seen them in my circle of friends and family...

I'm also now and have been a long time [too long],a non drinker...every lady i meet is very impressed/ appreciative of that, for sure..

I can't imagine a Thai woman wanting to get involved with a Western man who smokes. Thais really do react to smells, and there is little that smells quite so bad as a cigarette smoker. I was a heavy smoker until 15 years ago, and when I no longer smoked was gob-smacked at the smell of people who did. I simply never realized just how badly we stink when we are smokers. Not just smell badly. Really STINK! Hair, clothing, skin, breath... and if we smoked inside our homes even the walls themselves wind up with a coating of tars that make being in the room quite unpleasant to a non-smoker. As smokers we are completely unaware of how strong the smell is.

What woman wants to kiss an ashtray?

I agree with you about the lingering stink of cigarette smoke and all the rest of your post, but not your first sentence;

"I can't imagine a Thai woman wanting to get involved with a Western man who smokes"

I have a feeling that any woman would for sure prefer to not have a stinking of smoke partner, whether Thai or not,[unless she also is a stinky smoker herself] but from what i've seen a large % of Thai men smoke, so maybe Thai ladies are more used to it already.

I really cant see it being as big a deal as you immagine ..just my take on it..

I can't imagine a Thai woman wanting to get involved with a Western man who smokes. Thais really do react to smells, and there is little that smells quite so bad as a cigarette smoker. I was a heavy smoker until 15 years ago, and when I no longer smoked was gob-smacked at the smell of people who did. I simply never realized just how badly we stink when we are smokers. Not just smell badly. Really STINK! Hair, clothing, skin, breath... and if we smoked inside our homes even the walls themselves wind up with a coating of tars that make being in the room quite unpleasant to a non-smoker. As smokers we are completely unaware of how strong the smell is.

I agree with you about the lingering stink of cigarette smoke and all the rest of your post, but not your first sentence;

"I can't imagine a Thai woman wanting to get involved with a Western man who smokes"

I have a feeling that any woman would for sure prefer to not have a stinking of smoke partner, whether Thai or not,[unless she also is a stinky smoker herself] but from what i've seen a large % of Thai men smoke, so maybe Thai ladies are more used to it already.

You're probably right. People can get used to most anything if the price is right.

There's a shop owner at Nimman prominade who is a 40s year old Thai girl, compare to a white girl she look like 30s.

Post of the year.

No way in hell......this one from you ..#35 has that dubious distinction...way ,way weird LB

"If it's big, find a place you can acceptably walk around naked."

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

I think ,with respect, you are missing the point.Many Thai girls/women are very concious of the habits (smoking,drinking to excess) of their male counterparts .Yes they are used to it ,they dislike it intensely,and that's why they want to avoid it.

Throw in the fact that some Thai men ,once the honeymoon period is over ,tend to wander and have no conscience on leaving the home if a child happens to come along. That's why there are so many single Thai girls/women in their 30's to 40's,for them better to have a job and some independence than to have a child to support and no job.

Unlike most western countries there is no safety net for any Thai woman who finds herself in this situation apart from her family.

The prospect of a foreigner being "Mr right" is, in their eyes, a far healthier proposition as they see us,rightly or wrongly, as more morally and financially stable. There are of course exceptions !

• Like 1

That reminds me of what I saw a couple of days ago in front of me. A guy driving the car and smoking, and the woman sitting next to him wearing one of those masks people like to put on their face in an attempt to protect against pollution.

In my experience Thai women absolutely detest smokers and find the stench offensive and repulsive..... So consider giving it up, or moving to a smokers country, or moving down market in the respectability stakes.

you will also probably need to show the woman over a period of time that you are serious about her.

.....like a LONG period of time!

There's a shop owner at Nimman prominade who is a 40s year old Thai girl, compare to a white girl she look like 30s.

.....and THINKS like 15yrs old!!

here is no magic formula for meeting a prospective partner. Right place ,right time ,be prepared !

..... Just be CLEAN & POLITE!!!.....the "magic" starts from there.

Edited by HaleySabai

.....and THINKS like 15yrs old!!

No way, she's quite smart too, she owns an antique shop and a Real estate agent, I know her personally but not that well. real good candidate for some lonely polite farang in their 40s or early 50

Edited by ARISTIDE

The smell thing is interesting - it never ceases to amaze me that everyone on a songtaew crinkles their noses when a smoker climbs aboard - yet can happily eat pickled rotten fish whilst standing on a sewage drain. Amazing :D

I too used to smoke, not so heavy, but 10-20 a day medium tar. When I started visiting Thailand (initially with my Thai UK friends) I found it hard to smoke in Thailand due to the heat - just made me feel sick - but I'd light up in the airport on the way back (you could in those days). When I met the women I later married, through family, she knew I was a smoker as her aunt (my best friend's wife - both Thai btw) told her I did - as did my friend. 2 years later when we wed and she came to the UK (for the first 10 years) I of course smoked "properly" again as was my habit. She did not like it, and was the best reason for me to give up. Not smoked in almost 20 years now - and hate the smell of smoke on other people now too - agree as a smoker you just don't realise the stench.

^

"The smell thing is interesting - it never ceases to amaze me that everyone on a songtaew crinkles their noses when a smoker climbs aboard - yet can happily eat pickled rotten fish whilst standing on a sewage drain. Amazing biggrin.png "
Not really amazing. The smoker smells worse than the fish or sewer.
  • Like 2