Have I just seen a ghost in a Buddha Cave in Wat Tham Sumano - near Phattalung , Southern Thailand

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it was or wasn't it set off an unhealthy interest in ghosts whilst on my 2 month trip out here (with plenty of time on my hands to muck around with video) - I'm seeing 'ghost houses' everywhere - abandoned houses, malls and buildings. Thailand is notorious for these and the folly of some human endeavour - or tragedy re Rangsit and the floods are laid bare. Coupled with the fact that wild dogs seem to inhabit most of the abandoned buildings I've tried to explore makes it place full of fear and wonder...

It really is like medieval Europe with witch sightings, devil hysteria and lucky charms and talismans to ward off evil spirits ...

• 1 month later...

What gets me and you can clearly hear my footsteps is that I heard no one else and was not aware of anyone else in there. That said the lights were on - my wife says it could be some shadowy local undesirables taking kratom or drugs but I somehow doubt it.

Not wishing to appear rude or anything but I'd doubt anyone else's footsteps COULD be heard over yours. I take it you're a er, heavy guy biggrin.png I am a proponent of psi BTW.

Whatever it was or wasn't it set off an unhealthy interest in ghosts whilst on my 2 month trip out here (with plenty of time on my hands to muck around with video) - I'm seeing 'ghost houses' everywhere - abandoned houses, malls and buildings. Thailand is notorious for these and the folly of some human endeavour - or tragedy re Rangsit and the floods are laid bare. Coupled with the fact that wild dogs seem to inhabit most of the abandoned buildings I've tried to explore makes it place full of fear and wonder...

It really is like medieval Europe with witch sightings, devil hysteria and lucky charms and talismans to ward off evil spirits ...

One should not fear the next dimension(s). Do wish these tacky 'horror' labels would stop being ascribed to these 'wonders' we have yet, and someday will, learn about.

What gets me and you can clearly hear my footsteps is that I heard no one else and was not aware of anyone else in there. That said the lights were on - my wife says it could be some shadowy local undesirables taking kratom or drugs but I somehow doubt it.

Not wishing to appear rude or anything but I'd doubt anyone else's footsteps COULD be heard over yours. I take it you're a er, heavy guy biggrin.png I am a proponent of psi BTW.

How dare you 6 foot and 85 kgs - is that heavy - I could do with losing 5kgs but hopefully I am 'mai uan' - back in the UK the Thai sojourn and the ghost just seems like a dream. Have just spend the day cleaning the Buddhas as London's Wat Buddharam and the told the Abbott of the tale - I would need to go back and recreate it to see if it was an artifact of the light. Until then it is ghost not proven.