Immigration office in CR open

Fiddlesticks

I just returned from Mae Sai and my 90 day report. The Thai immigration officer there told me that their CR office is now open (Mon-Fri) and is located across from Tessabaan 6 in the police building. Now I have not verified this with my own eyes nor am I certain that where exactly the police building is but just passing along what I was told. If anyone visits the new office this week, please give us more details.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its open! Coming from town towards car tax office its just past the crossroads with traffic lights on yhe right. Nice building but very little parking but large grass areas maybe yhey will be used in the future yo mske car park.. Excellent service todsy. Extension re entry permit snd 90 dsys all within 30 mins. Central is not hoing to be used now and iffice is open 8am to 5pm Mon to Fri. Eill be lots of disappointed people this coming Saturday

Its open! Coming from town towards car tax office its just past the crossroads with traffic lights on yhe right. Nice building but very little parking but large grass areas maybe yhey will be used in the future yo mske car park.. Excellent service todsy. Extension re entry permit snd 90 dsys all within 30 mins. Central is not hoing to be used now and iffice is open 8am to 5pm Mon to Fri. Eill be lots of disappointed people this coming Saturday

I travel from Phayao to do my Immigration reporting. Can you or someone please provide a street name or a map where is is exactly?

Do you know where they have the flower festival each year on the river? Immigration is located in the big fancy new government buildings on the corner heading north, where you would turn right to go to vehicle registration. On Google maps the images do not yet show a building on that site. I believe the office is located on the north end of the building.

post-44431-0-96089600-1390965719_thumb.j

I travel from Phayao to do my Immigration reporting. Can you or someone please provide a street name or a map where is is exactly?

removed as apparently wrong info.

post-64834-0-90974700-1390965785_thumb.p

THe building is actually on the bypass road as VF says. I think what is described in the directions is the enterance road to the complex as from all the photos I have seen there was not a drive in enterence from the bypass just a walk in,.This may have changed though as I have not physically seen that building for a while,.

The easiest way for ripstanley to find it is go to Tessabahn 6 schoolo and look across the road. If there is an entrance in use it if not go to the corner and turn right and enter the complex from there. The complex is named...ChiangRai provincial Administrative Organisation.

I stopped by today and you can enter from either side but the north side is more convenient because it takes you right to the office. They reiterated that they would no longer be going to Central Plaza on the weekends, so no need going this Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I stopped by today and you can enter from either side but the north side is more convenient because it takes you right to the office. They reiterated that they would no longer be going to Central Plaza on the weekends, so no need going this Saturday.

Did you see if it had a ramp?

Sorry I didn't notice Harrry but I did take a few pictures so I'll look at those when I get home.

Sorry Harrry but no ramps. If you come in the north entrance it is the first building on the left. All parking which I saw was curbside.

When I asked about my marriage visa which I am due to pick up next week, they said they will call the Mae Sai office to ask for the results and them stamp my passport on the day of my appointment. So clearly both offices are functioning and those who live closer to Mae Sai should be able to continue using that office. They looked a bit lonely in there so stop by and say hello. You will no doubt recognize the staff from Central or Mae Sai.

Immigration%2520%2520002.jpg

Immigration%2520%2520001.jpg

Immigration%2520%2520003.jpg

Good news! This is just about 3 minutes from my home in Bandu....just passing the airport, by the place where the Annual Flower Show is located and before the bypass....In contrast..my wife is not happy...Not more shopping at the Chinese market in Mae Sai...

My 90 days reports never were free...

Sorry Harrry but no ramps. If you come in the north entrance it is the first building on the left. All parking which I saw was curbside.

When I asked about my marriage visa which I am due to pick up next week, they said they will call the Mae Sai office to ask for the results and them stamp my passport on the day of my appointment. So clearly both offices are functioning and those who live closer to Mae Sai should be able to continue using that office. They looked a bit lonely in there so stop by and say hello. You will no doubt recognize the staff from Central or Mae Sai.

Immigration%2520%2520002.jpg

Immigration%2520%2520001.jpg

Immigration%2520%2520003.jpg

This was used for parking during the Chiang Rai Flower Show...

Has anyone completed their 90 day reporting at the new office. What I liked at Mae Sai you only had to hand over your passport. No forms or photocopies. Can anyone report if this is happening at the new office?

This is the new way of doing the 90day reporting all over Thailand now so should be the same at the new office.

Has anyone completed their 90 day reporting at the new office. What I liked at Mae Sai you only had to hand over your passport. No forms or photocopies. Can anyone report if this is happening at the new office?

This is the new way of doing the 90day reporting all over Thailand now so should be the same at the new office.

Here in Phuket I still had to complete form TM47 and have passport copies just last week.

Here in Phuket I still had to complete form TM47 and have passport copies just last week.

You still have to fill out forms when using the mail in option, as well. With this new, more convenient location in town, I may be less inclined to use the mail in the future.smile.png

I went there yesterday and did my 90 day report very easily without needing any photocopy. I'd saved a blank copy of TM47 form from a previous 90 day report, completed it at home, took it with me, and that was sufficient. I noticed there's not much in the way of photocopy facilities there, so for a full-blown visa renewal job, it would be advisable to prepare all the photocopies you think you're likely to need, and take those with you.

Instructions how to get there, given by the new office over the phone to my Thai wife were hard to follow, and we had to stop several times and ask before we found it. For future reference the front entrance (attached FrontEntrance.jpg) is on Vhiengburaphi Rd with a large black sign "CHIANGRAI PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORGANISATION" at 19.9298N, 99.8637E (Googling that gives you a map). There's also a side entrance (attached SideEntrance.jpg) on Sounrajchakarn Rd at 19.9309N, 99.8650E (equally Googleable). We found plenty of car parking spaces regardless of which entrance you use. The cross roads on whose SE corner the large new building complex sits is immediately south of the southern end of the airport runway, and about 500m north of the Mae Kok river bridge. You can't miss it!!!

post-46640-0-72746300-1391702476_thumb.j

post-46640-0-20997500-1391702548_thumb.j

If I'm not mistaken (I often am) there's a Ramp to the right of the main entrance which may take you around and in the rear of the building. I wasn't looking for a ramp so I could have imagined it . maybe someone can verify on the next visit.

I am sitting here at Immigration waiting for them to come back from lunch. And yes, they close up shop completely for lunch. Both the front and the back entrances are stairs only so I am afraid Harrry is out of luck.

Oh Well ....... maybe they'll convert it to wheelchair friendly at a later date. could easily be done. maybe we should get a working party together one evening at dusk and place some wooden battens and drop a few Kgs of cement on the stairs. take maybe an Hour at most

Archived