Overstay?

I am presently in Myanmar on a 70 day single entry business visa.

It looks like my business will take longer than the 70 days and I'm unable to get to immigration.

I have heard that overstay is treated very much like Thailand in that there is a fee for each day over the 70 days you stay.

Someone has mentioned the sum of US$3 per day.

Can anyone confirm if this is true, or do you just get whisked away and are never heard of again?

• Like 1

Greetings KB, welcome to our neck of the woods!!

No problem at all with overstays - there is a forum member here who regularly overstays his 70 day Business Visa entry as he is too busy with his flower business to travel out.

He just shows up at the airport a little earlier, and has the $3 per day total in cash ready to pay.

Last few times he has been some months overstay.

No other penalty, no blacklist, no red stamp etc. Just pay the fee and on your way.

I'll see if he can give us some more info, but he isn't online much.

• Like 1

Yes still there is no problem you just pay the USD3 per day up to 90 days overstay and then it goes up to USD5 per day I believe.

However you should be careful immigration announced about 6 months ago they were going to start treating overstays more seriously and start blacklisting overstayers. However I have not heard of them implementing this.