Best , "UK Style" Chinese Restaurant in Pattaya

Woody1

I know I'm risking the wrath of JT on this one, but if anyone knows, or even thinks they know of a UK type fare Chinese *Restaurant in the centre of Pattaya that comes anywhere near close please advise me. The, "Wok N Rok" on Soi Buakhao is the best I've come across in Thailand.

*Granted, I wouldn't call it a restaurant, as it's location, ambience, decor, staff, etc, don't fall into that category. But value for money…………….great tasting (UK style Chinese) food, it can't be beaten!

Go on, fill your boots (or mouths), hopefully in the restaurant, or at home.

They also do deliveries, which are very sharpish. I'll look forward to hearing others opinions.

PS, the business has nothing to do with me! I'm just hoping they continue in the same vein!!

Edit: Their prices are also very, very, affordable (even by Cheap Charlie standards).

Edited by Woody1

Hey woody. There's only on soi lengkee forget the name but I quiet enjoyed it. You can't miss it is on the left hand side coming from the bukaow end

I know Mate, forget the name too (doesn't say much for the place does it!!!), I've eaten there a couple of times and had take aways. The quality of the food from Wok N Rok is far better!!! I just hope they can keep up this standard!

I ain't been to pattaya in a few months any new decent bars or club about it? was there in November there wasn't too many people about it.

Sorry, I'm just mentioning a rather good UK style Chinese.

For the unitiated, what exactly is a UK style Chinese restaurant ?

I ain't been to pattaya in a few months any new decent bars or club about it? was there in November there wasn't too many people about it.

Sorry, I'm just mentioning a rather good UK style Chinese.

For the unitiated, what exactly is a UK style Chinese restaurant ?

Please read my OP again my friend, and at least try to get your attempt at sarcasm / humour (spelt in the English manner) in order.

PS, when you've run out of crayons, have a look into the history books, you might find the British have been about a bit!!!

• 4 years later...

Many well helled Brits do frequent Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant on Pattaya Second road next to Royal Garden and Marriot Hotel judging by how many Brits make a complain on this famous Pattaya Chinese restaurant using Tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297916-d1830177-Reviews-Nam_Sing_Chinese_Restaurant-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html (you can read all the complain here most are by Brits) most of them says that food is good but service is dreadful and will never visit again etc but it seems in their review they keep revisiting this place for one reason or another so we decided to give it a try and would like to conclude that this is probably the best Chinese restaurant in Pattaya in terms of quality of ingredient and taste, but again please read the review regarding the service if you intend to visit this place when your not Chinese or one of their regulars or vips westerner before you visit and on another note they are not cheap on contrary more to the expensive side but if your looking for a 'English style Chinese Taste give Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant a try'  but if your looking for a ''uk style chinese restaurant'' skip this place 

Edited by Rimmer
Font corrected

4 hours ago, geniusloci1015 said:

Many well helled Brits do frequent Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant on Pattaya Second road next to Royal Garden and Marriot Hotel judging by how many Brits make a complain on this famous Pattaya Chinese restaurant using Tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g297916-d1830177-Reviews-Nam_Sing_Chinese_Restaurant-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html (you can read all the complain here most are by Brits) most of them says that food is good but service is dreadful and will never visit again etc but it seems in their review they keep revisiting this place for one reason or another so we decided to give it a try and would like to conclude that this is probably the best Chinese restaurant in Pattaya in terms of quality of ingredient and taste, but again please read the review regarding the service if you intend to visit this place when your not Chinese or one of their regulars or vips westerner before you visit and on another note they are not cheap on contrary more to the expensive side but if your looking for a 'English style Chinese Taste give Nam Sing Chinese Restaurant a try'  but if your looking for a ''uk style chinese restaurant'' skip this place 

This is a very old thread in that it was dead for so long.

Since the thread started there has been a historic boom in new Chinese restaurants in Pattaya. Most catering to Chinese customers but many being very accessible to others including often offering some dishes that are popular with people that prefer western style Chinese.

I noticed you are a new member and 3 or your 4 posts are about shamelessly promoting this one (quite old) Pattaya Chinese restaurant. Take that for what it's worth.

Plenty of posts on more recent Chinese restaurants can be found on the Hit and Run restaurant review thread. 

I gather from their Facebook page that Wok N Rok in Pattaya is no more so to quote the title of this thread where can I find "Best , "UK Style" Chinese Restaurant in Pattaya" now?  

Reading this old thread got my taste buds feeling quite nostalgic!  

You could try Chow Soy on Soi Chayaphum  - opposite the Triangle Bar.  They advertise Thai, British and "UK Style Chinese" food.

Thai food is OK and cheap, SOME of their British food is OK and cheap but I've never tried the Chinese food (don't care for it) - seen lots of people eating it.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I don't get this quest. There are scads of actual Chinese restaurants here now. Often they have some food quite accessible to westerners. Why not explore a bit now that you're actually in Asia?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've been in Asia experiencing Asian food for a long time, the tastes are quite different and a hankering for the foods of ones youth once in a while doesn't seem such a strange thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmac said:

I've been in Asia experiencing Asian food for a long time, the tastes are quite different and a hankering for the foods of ones youth once in a while doesn't seem such a strange thing.

Quite so. Why else would you see a mobile pie shop doing the rounds and long threads about English Breakfasts, Fish an Chips and Sunday roasts, as examples.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gmac said:

No, it's not strange. I didn't say it was strange.

I can't speak for UK style Chinese food as I have only eaten Chinese food in the UK once in my life and that was at a more authentic Chinese restaurant.

I tried a few of the places here advertised as UK style Chinese food and noticed the odd use of chips, chicken balls, egg foo yung that's basically just an omelet, etc.

I can speak for US style Chinese food. I realize that UK and US styles are not the same.

But I can speak to how some popular US style Chinese food dishes are available here in a "close enough" form at a number of Chinese restaurants in Pattaya. I think there are probably some popular UK Chinese dishes that can also be found in "close enough" versions at actual Chinese restaurants here as well. 

Examples (US style) that you can get in Pattaya "close enough" at actual Chinese restaurants --

Noodle soups

Hot and sour soup

Wonton soups

Fried dumplings

Chowmein

Sweet and sour pork

Kung pao chicken

Mapo tofu

Singapore style fried rice noodles

Sorry, no fortune cookies, poop poop platters, General Tso's chicken, US style egg foo yung, chop suey, shrimp in "lobster" sauce, chicken in black bean sauce, or even stir fried beef with western broccoli 

Edited by Jingthing