Zips

simoncnx

soi across the road from the shell garage on huay kaew road is lady with a small stall, will do all types of clothing repairs,quite good to.

There is a lady that does some work out on the street at the location 'true blue' mention (towards Chiang Mai Lodge), but down Sanjai near Huay Kaew (bank on the corner) was a small shop/stall with more than one lady there. The moved from there around the corner towards YMCA, but they are now near on Charoensuk Rd (per google) near the Santitham circle. From the circle going west, it is on the right hand side. I've had hemming done there and repair work on duffle bag (stuff coming out of the edging). Everything came back looking very good. Ummm. I never asked them to replace a zipper, but I would not hesitate to check with them.

I enjoy those kinds of challenges because you actually get to say 'I don't care what it costs, just get me the best!' and it would still be like 100 baht.

And grandma will repeately applologize for the extravagant cost smile.png I shrug with a "what could you do" gesture and leave her a bit extra.thumbsup.gif

Just a quick comparison between US and TL.

In the US, depending on the cost of the pants, i'd normally just throw away pants if the zipper breaks (they rarely would tho). New pants are often cheaper than a seamstress.

In TL so far in one year, 2 pairs of pants needing zippers (50B each) ,and 2 backpack repairs.(50B each). Gotta love the people power in TLbiggrin.png

If I travel from Oz to BKK (or CM) I usually buy a couple of pairs of pants and get them altered in Thailand. Oz cost $30 a pair and you still have to come back a couple of days later. Cost in CM 50Bht per pair. The only really good zips are YKK. Don't let them give you anything else. But YKK zips are not cheap.

YKK zipper shop is near Wororot Mkt Chinese entrance thingy on Chang Moi road. I have posted GPS co-ords before but to be more precise, it is located on that wrong way road just south of CM road. They stock every fastener ever made.

• Like 1

YKK zipper shop is near Wororot Mkt Chinese entrance thingy on Chang Moi road. I have posted GPS co-ords before but to be more precise, it is located on that wrong way road just south of CM road. They stock every fastener ever made.

Good to know - thanks for the info.