Can I study with my O visa

WilliamCave

Studying with the visa is no problem, you can go to school on a visa exempt entry. The school will love you, less paperwork for them. I think that you might have trouble finding any school that offers full classes, 4 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week unless they are private classes which are very expensive.

Thanks for the response,

Yes they will more than likely be private lessons,

I went to a school at Siam centre about 9 years ago and they were really good got 10 lessons and they scheduled times with me that we're good for the teacher and my self.

It was more expensive but was worth the money because I was serious about lessons

Does any one know if the school at Siam centre on I think the 4th floor is still there can't remember the name

Or any good recommendations near the mall nagwangwan in nontaburi?

Thanks

Contact these people: *Link edited out*

I'm sure that Chris and Tewi can arrange something that suits you. I took a course years ago and was very satisfied, but not the cheapest on the block!

Edited by Scott
Link edited out

Yes you can study on a Non-Imm O visa, I have done that and there is no reason why you are allowed to do this.

I studied at Chula, they have 3 hours a day five days a week and it's an intensive course.

The courses are 6 weeks each and each time you pass the course you can go on to the next level and each level cost you 25.000 Baht, I know it's expensive but they are very serious about their teaching and the teachers are all qualified teachers who studied at Chuia themselves..

As it is intensive you will have not much time left for anything else as you will get lots of homework and assignments that you have to do to keep up with the class.

Most of the people that study there are Asians (Japanese, Chinese and Korean) and they are serious when they study, failure is no option for them, but.... it seems to work very well.

The class that I attended has a guy who just came to Thailand for the first time and after 4 months or so he was able to read, write and do presentations in Thai!!! but then he worked very hard.

I can really recommend them (Chula) the next course is starting in the beginning of March, you can give them a call to see when they have the entrance test to see in which level you can start (cost 500 Baht)

the total course is 9 levels but after the first 3 you can read, write and speak enough to get around easily.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been coming here for 4 years now and my Thai needs much improvement. I'm not looking for a one on one or something shoved down my throat. It seems that as I've grown older, I don't retain things like I used to do, I live in Nonthaburi area near Hwy 302/3215 and would like a school where I can take classes to learn Thai. for upwards of 6 mts each year. I'm not interested in a high price education, just courses to learn and able to practice what I learn.