Bbq Gathering In Chiang Rai

oilysang

WE can have all the food and beer we want and we can bring our clsoe family with us , how about that ?

I very seldom been able to eat and drink for 2000 bath (my gf does not drink) so this does not seem to be a good bargain.

But where and when and how ? More details. Any dancing girls? Thai karaoke forbidden? Drinking contests? Wet t-shirts....? :o

Anything special?

WE can have all the food and beer we want and we can bring our clsoe family with us , how about that ?

What is on the BBQ-Kobi beef??

For chang, chicken, and pork pricing could be covered easily by 400 for frarang, 200 for spouses and kids free. :o

I very seldom been able to eat and drink for 2000 bath (my gf does not drink) so this does not seem to be a good bargain.

But where and when and how ? More details. Any dancing girls? Thai karaoke forbidden? Drinking contests? Wet t-shirts....? :o

Anything special?

All this extra programme need arrangement when we have extra out of the 1000 baht ......

What is on the BBQ-Kobi beef??

For chang, chicken, and pork pricing could be covered easily by 400 for frarang, 200 for spouses and kids free. :o

I dun think i can get kobi beef in sh\uch a short time but i think beside the usual chicken and pork i plan to get lamb and beef , spagetti and of course some thai food plus fruit ( of course if budget permitted ) and talking about the beer , we not talking a bout just chang that u prefer cos this gathering is for everyone( everyone who pay ) we can't just get only chang just becos you like it. As you say the 400 for farang and 200 for spouse...... i estimate the 1000 baht just a fair and cheap rate for all of us . we can't let him pay more just becos he is fat and big and just becos he will eat more we weill charge him more and of course we cannot cahrge u lesser just becos u and ur spouse dun drink..........

At 1000 baht a head it's a rip of.

All you can eat restaurant in Chiang Rai 69 baht.Still leaves 931 baht leftover and even Limbo could get sozzeled with that.

Dear Oilysang,

I suppose it is a charity BBQ, otherwise you wouldn't use this forum to promote it, isn't it?

Please tell us about the location and where the profits are supposed to go.

Limbo :o

PS: How does the wine list look?

Dear Oilysang,

I suppose it is a charity BBQ, otherwise you wouldn't use this forum to promote it, isn't it?

Please tell us about the location and where the profits are supposed to go.

PS: How does the wine list look?

Haha, i just suggest it since i am new to chiang rai i am prepare to make it big with luk tum singer or whatever just for a meet up ........... yeah wine is included if we got the budget .

Haha, i just suggest it since i am new to chiang rai i am prepare to make it big with luk tum singer or whatever just for a meet up ........... yeah wine is included if we got the budget .

I'll come. The check is in the mail. :o

Good idea olysang.

1000B okay IF for chearity cause for bear and food this is TO much.

Love to get to know you unknown_user.

as svenivan speaks when and where, its gonna be difficult on you cause you dont know how many people show up. so you buy the whole thing an later trow it away.

The idea is good name a time date location, and let people sign up for it.

Is it only for forum members ?

btw i will come only if there are dancing girls !!!!! :o

Mate, if you said it was free they'd still find a way to shoot you down.

...... Terdsak suggested.

Give it a try Oilysang! :D

Don't worry. The Australian section of the expat community of Chiang Rai (if you talk about BBQ's you talk about Australians here) has organized several beautiful BBQ's and everybody survived!

Nobody was shot and the food wasn't poisoning either :D

PS: dfwbkk from Hudik, do you know Lasse (Hua Hin twenty years ago) ?

OK Oilsand, here is the deal, you supply the house/station, you supply the BBQ including your cost of the meat, and make it a BYOB" "Bring your own booze" You might have to supplememt it cus some people drink more than they bring. :D Good idea, you, since you are a "newbee" in town and want to meet the locals. This is regulary done in the community for house partys, etc. Lets have a "newbee" party enjoy, and no 1000 bt a head ok :o

Hey,if its free count me in.

I'll even bring some extra coca-cola.

Yes, and don't forget to invite Australian PB. He mostly contributes with a sucking pig.

Mumbojumbo is absolutely right: Just get the right guys together and it costs nothing.

And think about the work and annoyance of collecting all these thousands of Bahts.

I think we are all greateful that you voluntarily want to shoulder this task, but it is absolutely unnecessary.

Just tell us where and when.

Hey,if its free count me in.

I'll even bring some extra coca-cola.

Yes, and don't forget to invite Australian PB. He mostly contributes with a sucking pig.

Mumbojumbo is absolutely right: Just get the right guys together and it costs nothing.

And think about the work and annoyance of collecting all these thousands of Bahts.

I think we are all greateful that you voluntarily want to shoulder this task, but it is absolutely unnecessary.

Just tell us where and when.

HAha so funny , Waiting for friday lottery result , if i strike everything is on me ...... haha

• 2 weeks later...

It may just be me ......

But the way I read Oily's FIRST post ... was not 1000/head ....

but 1000 a family .... (head count on farang onely ... close family comes free .....) I would assume if the family is a farang family then just 1000

However ....

My Suggestion would be ... if Oily has the place ....

Oily go out and get some thai sttyle grills and a case or two of beer ...

and invite everyone for a potluck ... (bring your own meat and beer/booze) ... and then ask 200 a person or less to have salads and other stuff catered? ... or get really detailed and get people to sign up for the other stuff and do it just free!

• 2 weeks later...
Good idea olysang.

btw i will come only if there are dancing girls !!!!! :D

Mr erg, these Dancing Girls come highly recommended . . :D:o

Has this event got off the ground yet ? As I will be in Chiang Rai on the 30th July for 2 weeks.

Imagedude :D

Good idea olysang.

btw i will come only if there are dancing girls !!!!! :D

Mr erg, these Dancing Girls come highly recommended . . :D:o

Has this event got off the ground yet ? As I will be in Chiang Rai on the 30th July for 2 weeks.

Imagedude :D

i will throw a couple of cases of archa beer in,

i bought a couple of cases at makro about 2 weeks ago 285 baht a case,

then found a shop 265baht a case, so i bought some more ,

went past the same shop 2days later 260baht a case,so i bought some more,

went past the same shop yesterday 250 baht a case so i bought some more ,

and to top it all,its not a bad budget type beer,

ive got 12 cases on stock to last me through the world cup,mabe when its over they might bring the price down to 200 baht a case (oh the thought)