How Do I Reset Ipad to Factory Settings?

racyrick

Friend just bought a used Ipad from another person.

The original owner did not reset settings to the original factory settings.

My friend does not have the email or password of the original user.

How can he reset the ipad so he can set up his own account and buy apps?

Thank you

PS-Neither one of us have much tech knowledge, so lplease walk thru the process

With password, you mean the 4 digit unlock code? In that case it becomes difficult. Who knows the device might be stolen.

You won't need old Apple ID and password to set up as a new device. Just hook it up to iTunes on your computer and it will ask you at first time use.

Or on the device go to settings-general-reset and choose reset all content and settings.

With password, you mean the 4 digit unlock code? In that case it becomes difficult. Who knows the device might be stolen.

You won't need old Apple ID and password to set up as a new device. Just hook it up to iTunes on your computer and it will ask you at first time use.

Or on the device go to settings-general-reset and choose reset all content and settings.

Thanks for your help.

First off, I don't know what the 4 digit unlock code is or how you get it.

I was referring to the original owner's email address and their personal password for the ipad.

Don't know how to hook up to itunes on my computer, as a i said, not computer savvy.

So, the easiest way for me to reset is to go to the device and go settings etc.?

With the new security features in iOS 7 if they set the find my phone you will need to know the appleid and password to wipe it, otherwise just fr to settings reset like poster said above or plug into iTunes click the phone icon and restore

Thanks again to everybody for their help