Illumination

MJP

Now this image speaks to me. It says, "No smoking" and "Buckle your Seatbelt". Now that is just my opinion. Others may find something more esoteric.

cheesy.gif

Yup. That's what it says to me too.

We are deep thinkers both, Fiddles.

• Like 1

says to me i hit the shutter button accidently.

usually only happens wheni am carrying my camera and i get a blured shot of the street :-)

I find most of the shots I post were accidental ones. The planned ones never go to plan.

I figured when the flight attendant said to turn all electronics off, you refused and she gave you a thump and things went bottoms up after that. biggrin.png

Very sharp and excellent color considering the lighting conditions.

This Swampy shoot has taught me not to be shy ISO. The best the old crop Pentax will pull is about 640, beyond that we get more serious noise and smearing in post. Most of the Swampy shoot was done at ISO 500 and apertures between wide open at f/1.8 and f/2.8. The FA Limited 31mm and 77mm are worth the money, although the 31 is a tricky beast. The 77 you can point at anything pull the trigger and every single shot is a keeper.

• 4 months later...

I like this shot. I don't know if you got it by accident or not, but it's a good shot. The reason it's a good shot is because you have color contrast, the blue plays nicely against the black and the blue doesn't overpower the image because it's kept within 1/3 of the frame. The blue is diagonal, which suggests motion and that also plays nicely against the perpendicular lines of the black section. The white dots break up the monotony of the black section and give a central point of focus. Probably the weakest aspect of the image to me, are the recognizable elements such as the no smoking sign, which distract from the general abstraction of the image.

I like this shot. I don't know if you got it by accident or not, but it's a good shot. The reason it's a good shot is because you have color contrast, the blue plays nicely against the black and the blue doesn't overpower the image because it's kept within 1/3 of the frame. The blue is diagonal, which suggests motion and that also plays nicely against the perpendicular lines of the black section. The white dots break up the monotony of the black section and give a central point of focus. Probably the weakest aspect of the image to me, are the recognizable elements such as the no smoking sign, which distract from the general abstraction of the image.

Yeah, I got it by complete accident.

very nice shot, not only the technical quality of sharpness and lighting; the picture convinces a certain emotional connection to the audience.

that is all about graphic media !

cheers

Now this image speaks to me. It says, "No smoking" and "Buckle your Seatbelt". Now that is just my opinion. Others may find something more esoteric.

cheesy.gif

IMO, the image is not abstract at all. The recognizable elements you mention tell the story. Without them, it's just ..... abstract and in this case a far less powerful image.

Technically very well done and nice use of angles / light to create a certain mood which holds the viewers attention.

Take away the graphics (no smoking and seat belts) and you are left with a technically well done image of very little emotional impact.

• 4 weeks later...

cheesy.gif

Neat lighting from above...but...

What is that bluey thing? Why is it?

Or did finger release the shutter just

as the flight attendent thumped yer

noggin...hah! Nice & sharp though!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app