is gossiping part of the culture herein thailand?

yanyk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to post something like that. But give the OP a chance... he's still a newbie!

hahaha..thanks..ur such a cool dude..any farang ladies here?? am tired of Thai women and their insatiable sex drive

• Like 1

I think all culture gossip not just Thai culture. It is part of human trait. I've seen lot of gossiping being displayed here on TVF, so the gossips here are considered the passing of the informative information, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Somsrisonphimai
  • Like 1

Lobster thank you for the input. At present America is 17 trillion dollars in debt, mostly to China.

the days when it was regarded as a superpower are long gone. it would be an idea to start learning Indian , Chinese or Brazilian as they will dominate now.

I have plenty of intelligent things to say just the clever Americans don't listen , that's why the country is up shit creek without a paddle.

Regards

ninja

why do thais like to gossip?

Nothing much better to do except watch Thai soap operas and eat , And of course play cards and drink. If you are not getting gossiped about then wait your turn ! smile.png

• Like 1

Yes. The jungle drums beat constantly. If I wanted to find out about what I had said or done in an evening having a beer with a buddy in the village, I would just have to ask my wife, after she had been to buy noodles from Mrs Noodle!!!!

Edited by Mr Yim
  • Like 2

Lobster thank you for the input. At present America is 17 trillion dollars in debt, mostly to China.

the days when it was regarded as a superpower are long gone. it would be an idea to start learning Indian , Chinese or Brazilian as they will dominate now.

I have plenty of intelligent things to say just the clever Americans don't listen , that's why the country is up shit creek without a paddle.

Regards

ninja

Well...here you go again...Managing to avoid discussing the subject of the thread. Which is gossip. And you are as my grandmother would be..... Armchair gossip about how America is not up to your standards!!!.. How do you ever manage to squeeze in your odious comments?

There is an elderly Pom and a Yank in my lobby that sit there every day for several hours and have done so for years.

I thought I knew gossiping but these 2 have re invented the wheel on gossip. Thais cant match it

ummm I wonder if they will find out Im gossiping about them on TV? ermm.gif

Edited by mcfish
  • Like 1

I'd venture that it is part of any culture where "face" and a domineering social status order is prominent. There will be "front" and "(behind the) back" talk as the mirror to the social persona individuals have no choice but keep up most of the time. It's just a natural process built into human nature, I'd say.

And as an aside.... It is just as unfair for This Forum to publish comments that are unfairly directed towards citizens of one country.

Is this strictly a European Forum...that does not follow its own rules?

my boss at school actually told me that gossiping is part of the culture here, they gossip about everything, that is why they so insist that u do the thai course or know some thai culture so that u wont get offended when they gossip about you..(what my boss said) and hey i am African, a proud one at that.in my culture for example its very wrong to talk about things and people u know barely nothing about

I think it's an Asian thing actually......but say what you want but there is "A LOT" less gossip here than in Taiwan where I witnessed this for 14 years!! Before you get a key in the door to your new place there, people are already talking/whispering/asking Q's / leering at you. I moved here in August and the restaurant lady on the opposite side of the lane didn't know where I was from / what I did until about a month ago. She and all the neighbor ladies with the kids sit and play/talk all day and haven't bothered with me at all. Guess I'm lucky from what you say.

why do thais like to gossip? in my opinion, they are the most gossiping people i have known..and most at times they gossip about what they know nothing about

90% of the threads started on Thai Visa forums are filled with nothing but baseless gossip by posters whose sole objective is to malign people about whom they know nothing ... this thread seems to have started with the same objective.

And of course Farang Utopia is where it's been taken to a 24/7 hi-tech level with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, ...

you are entitled to your opinion my WHITE friend..but i am a black man in thailand..do u get the drift??

I think it's an Asian thing actually......but say what you want but there is "A LOT" less gossip here than in Taiwan where I witnessed this for 14 years!! Before you get a key in the door to your new place there, people are already talking/whispering/asking Q's / leering at you. I moved here in August and the restaurant lady on the opposite side of the lane didn't know where I was from / what I did until about a month ago. She and all the neighbor ladies with the kids sit and play/talk all day and haven't bothered with me at all. Guess I'm lucky from what you say.

i was hoping to read this for long, i think its really an Asian thing, for example. i have a friend in the north, he went for visa runs and had some problems at the bother, he then called his director to borrow about 3000 baht to settle the problem. it was on a Monday morning and the director was conducting the assembly as usual. after he dropped the call, he told the whole school and asked them if he should send the 3000 baht to the teacher.that can only happen in thailand.

....I think we should introduce a 'screening process'....

...a lot of these new members...appear to be....the same person....no one in particular....with questionable topics...

...either rehashed or pointless.....like 'someone has promised someone something'.....and now has to 'produce'....

Edited by SOTIRIOS

....I think we should introduce a 'screening process'....

...a lot of these new members...appear to be....the same person....no one in particular....with questionable topics...

...either rehashed or pointless.....like 'someone has promised someone something'.....and now has to 'produce'....

thank you

SOTIRIOS you have made your point.. you are such a gentle man