is gossiping part of the culture herein thailand?

yanyk

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's an Asian thing actually......but say what you want but there is "A LOT" less gossip here than in Taiwan where I witnessed this for 14 years!! Before you get a key in the door to your new place there, people are already talking/whispering/asking Q's / leering at you. I moved here in August and the restaurant lady on the opposite side of the lane didn't know where I was from / what I did until about a month ago. She and all the neighbor ladies with the kids sit and play/talk all day and haven't bothered with me at all. Guess I'm lucky from what you say.

i was hoping to read this for long, i think its really an Asian thing, for example. i have a friend in the north, he went for visa runs and had some problems at the bother, he then called his director to borrow about 3000 baht to settle the problem. it was on a Monday morning and the director was conducting the assembly as usual. after he dropped the call, he told the whole school and asked them if he should send the 3000 baht to the teacher.that can only happen in thailand.

Seriously? Your friend couldn't afford the 3000 baht and he phoned his director for help before phoning his friends. If he worked at this school would he not have done the visa run at the weekend as he would probably be working on Monday morning? The director was taking assembly with the whole school and stopped to take a call from your friend then asked the students advice on whether he should lend your friend the 3000 baht?

Have you ever thought about a career in writing? This is a fantastic story. Gossip at its best.clap2.gif

hahaha you really amaze me..lol..which thai embassy works during the weekend? he only knew the director had asked the students opinion when he finally came

back to the school. and to your question , no i haven't considered a career in writting maybe u are a writer

If you are going to become a writer you better learn to read better.Visa run is not necessarily a visit to Thai embassy,which was not mentioned.

Most people tend to gossip when they get together socially, including here. Being African doesn't qualify you as a spokesman for all the different countries on the continent. As an African in Thailand, you are in a small minority with a somewhat dubious reputation and likely cause for local gossip. There's not much you can do about it.

does being European or american qualify me then? and does being whatever you are qualify you to say Africans are dubious? are you this sick?

have you finally lost it? who said they where gossiping about a particular race ? who thought the Africans how to be dubious? do you know history at all?

i did not say the gossiped about Africans, i said they gossip.

You're being a bit oversensitive. People (including Thais in Thailand) will gossip about anything or anyone that is 'not from around here'. Foreigners of all origins come under some sort of scrutiny with the locals. It doesn't have to be all negative either. In your case they might be saying you're a very nice fellow and nothing like those drug dealers and fake precious stone salesmen we read about getting arrested and jailed etc. smile.png

A lot of dubious people in Thai jails,particularly from one nation,i'll give you a hint,it starts with N.

• Like 1

I was going to post something like that. But give the OP a chance... he's still a newbie!

hahaha..thanks..ur such a cool dude..any farang ladies here?? am tired of Thai women and their insatiable sex drive

You been yankin it too much.Insatible because you can't perform,my boy.

hahaha, really..as my name suggest..am yankin real good..but i dont just wanna die now

You won't die but you will go blind.

My wife's tongue would have sun stroke if it wasn't for the hat smile.png

hahahahahahahahahah did u actually marry her? why say that about your wife?

You'd be amazed to read the kind of stuff some TV members say about their wives/GFs/ex. That they're stupid. Uneducated. Can't do basic math. Obsessed with skin color. Can't speak English. Lazy. Untrustworthy. Don't have a clue about world affairs. Superstitious. Boring. And yes, the gossip. Not sure if these guys realize how it reflects on them.

Most people tend to gossip when they get together socially, including here. Being African doesn't qualify you as a spokesman for all the different countries on the continent. As an African in Thailand, you are in a small minority with a somewhat dubious reputation and likely cause for local gossip. There's not much you can do about it.

does being European or american qualify me then? and does being whatever you are qualify you to say Africans are dubious? are you this sick?

have you finally lost it? who said they where gossiping about a particular race ? who thought the Africans how to be dubious? do you know history at all?

i did not say the gossiped about Africans, i said they gossip.

You're being a bit oversensitive. People (including Thais in Thailand) will gossip about anything or anyone that is 'not from around here'. Foreigners of all origins come under some sort of scrutiny with the locals. It doesn't have to be all negative either. In your case they might be saying you're a very nice fellow and nothing like those drug dealers and fake precious stone salesmen we read about getting arrested and jailed etc. smile.png

A lot of dubious people in Thai jails,particularly from one nation,i'll give you a hint,it starts with N.

what has this got to do with the post? yes nigeria ..so what? i am not Nigerian but i am not a stereotype ..am from SA

My wife's tongue would have sun stroke if it wasn't for the hat smile.png

hahahahahahahahahah did u actually marry her? why say that about your wife?

You'd be amazed to read the kind of stuff some TV members say about their wives/GFs/ex. That they're stupid. Uneducated. Can't do basic math. Obsessed with skin color. Can't speak English. Lazy. Untrustworthy. Don't have a clue about world affairs. Superstitious. Boring. And yes, the gossip. Not sure if these guys realize how it reflects on them.

THE WORST is that they keep taking advantage of these women ha..i tire ohhh

If you are going to become a writer you better learn to read better.Visa run is not necessarily a visit to Thai embassy,which was not mentioned.

when a teacher is doing a visa run it means going to get a visa as such it will entail a visit to an embassy. what did you think they had a non imm O and just had to go out and come back in.

Edited by tom21

when a teacher is doing a visa run it means going to get a visa as such it will entail a visit to an embassy. what did you think they had a non imm O and just had to go out and come back in.

did u take some overdose coffee today? just a question sir or was it codeine? because i cant seem to understand what u are doing here..

did u take some overdose coffee today? just a question sir or was it codeine? because i cant seem to understand what u are doing here..

why? do I need a special invite

I slipped on wet tiles and broke four ribs on a sink unit some months ago and was in hospital for one night. When I went to see my mates a day later they told me that they thought I was in a critical condition with a punctured lung and other complications. Told to them by one of their wives' who was told by another local gossiper.