Lite Beer

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six wounded in clash between anti- and pro-government groups
By Digital Content

13912540736536-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 1 -- At least six people, including one reporter, were wounded in a clash between anti- and pro-government groups at Bangkok's Lak Si district.

The anti-government demonstrators of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) and pro-government group of the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) clashed under the Lak Si flyover bridge on Vibhavadi Road.

The clash took place near the IT Square Mall which later announced an early closure.

Bombs were reportedly hurled into PDRC protesters and gunshots were heard periodically.

Two explosions were heard at around 3.45pm. and followed by four bomb-like sounds.

Six were initially reported wounded - four men and two woman. One reporter who was wounded was identified as Jirawat Sukhanon, from Daily News newspaper. He was slightly hurt on his nose and mouth and was later sent to Vibhavadi Hospital.

Another man was sent for treatment at a nearby Army Field Medical tent.

Both sides reportedly exchanged gunfire and sporadic gunshots and gun-like sounds continued.

At around 4.30 pm, one UDD supporter was wounded from a gunshot and sent to hospital.

The PDRC was at Lak Si district office to prevent officials from preparing for the general election tomorrow.

Wuthipong "Ko Tee" Kotchathamakhun, a red-shirt leader in Pathum Thani had reportedly led UDD supporters to Wat Lak Si, a few kilometers from the Lak Si district office.

The district office told female staff to leave out of fear for their safety, leaving only a skeleton male staff to take care of the office.

Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau said that Mr Wuthipong was not involved with the clash at Lak Si as he has met police and given a statement to confirm his innocence.

Gen Adul said it could be an ill-intentioned group who spread the rumour to incite the public to obstruct the ballot delivery at Lak Si district office.

Meanwhile, Songwit Nunphakdi, commander of the 11th Infantry Regiment has led soldiers to supervise the situation and said that the violent incidents has eased after the PDRC has withdrawn.

It was expected that officials could clear the scene by tonight. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-01

take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash

most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them

They are fighting for reform .. nobody other than pro-government support have said no election .. Suthep said reform then elections in 12-18 months.

I could ask. Why is Yingluck clinging to the PM's seat when she could step down for the good of the country?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Because she is elected, has massive support and is the last defender of Democracy that Thailand has.

We don't want her to step down and give every bodies rights to Suthep. Democracy is worth fighting for and you will see many more people rally around that cause than Sutheps. Up to the Army now, they left now defending a few hundred of sutheps vilest followers. Many will be watermelon and might not be to accurate when they are taking aim!!! Bit of friendly fire... Army do it all the time!!! Don't bank on them all to be in this.

Suthep gets in, we best all pack our bags as it will follow the same pattern as many times in other countrys. Suthep gets in, has lots of scores to settle, does not trust anybody else incase they have contrary ideaa to him. Dissenters beaten up (we seen this already) then take over of every fascet of life.

Later, armed rebellioin against Suthep group (seeing this to start already and he isn't even in) and a major war to clear him and his backers out.

Make no mistake, if Suthep has to be foreced out, they will get the backers next time.

take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash

most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them

They are fighting for reform .. nobody other than pro-government support have said no election .. Suthep said reform then elections in 12-18 months.

I could ask. Why is Yingluck clinging to the PM's seat when she could step down for the good of the country?

Because she is elected, has massive support and is the last defender of Democracy that Thailand has.

We don't want her to step down and give every bodies rights to Suthep. Democracy is worth fighting for and you will see many more people rally around that cause than Sutheps. Up to the Army now, they left now defending a few hundred of sutheps vilest followers. Many will be watermelon and might not be to accurate when they are taking aim!!! Bit of friendly fire... Army do it all the time!!! Don't bank on them all to be in this.

Suthep gets in, we best all pack our bags as it will follow the same pattern as many times in other countrys. Suthep gets in, has lots of scores to settle, does not trust anybody else incase they have contrary ideaa to him. Dissenters beaten up (we seen this already) then take over of every fascet of life.

Later, armed rebellioin against Suthep group (seeing this to start already and he isn't even in) and a major war to clear him and his backers out.

Make no mistake, if Suthep has to be foreced out, they will get the backers next time.

Pipkins. You are Thai or just using the royal we! It can get confusing ..

Any reply to my other post about the shooters?

• Like 2

RT@RichardBarrow: VIDEO: Gunfire & explosions in #Bangkok on the eve of national elections - RT @go6tv: คลิปปะทะ แยกหลักสี่ youtube.com/watch?v=_wVmQA… #Thailand

Any idea WHY they were beating the car?

From what I understand on Pantip (and I hope its true), the mob are my heroes. A group trying to move protestors away from the Laksi polling station. They say the car ran them down, and they were attacking it in revenge. The sticks they had came from the flags they were carrying in the march.

These people aren't forcing you to vote for their party, they're forcing open the polling station so you can vote for any of the candidates and any of the parties on the party list, including any of the opposition parties.

They're freedom fighters. Defenders of the constitutional right to vote.

Yep, and the shooter (caught in a photo) matches the cap and dress of PDRC guards at Laksi. Doesn't mean it was one of them, but the evidence matches.

1391253297-BfYjpp1CUA-o.jpg

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Quite clearly here you can see the PDRC guy has a gun hidden in a bag.... So peaceful arn't they.

We been saying for weeks, there is a group of armed masked men marching with Suthep and there to protect him and the mob. Video of the day this and had a great outing on Twitter as well. Which means Reauters, AFP, BBC. All seen Sutheps peacuful protesters not obstructing polls.

Make is so much harder for the army to coup now. This video speaks a million words about this disgusting spectacle of a mob let loose in Bangkok by the Elites in order to get at their prize. Which is also out in the open now.

Yes, a PDRC man with a rifle hidden in a bag firing at red shirts.

By the way they were moving, one behind the other, the man behind spotting for the shooter, they look military trained in my opinion.

PDRC appear well armed, but then, they have lots of money behind them and powerful figures preventing the police from arresting them or taking action against them

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Silver car has had plate identified is reportedly registered to the army and drove through the crowd and threw either some crackers or small explosives into the crowd, supposedly the crowd that was anti protesters... later as the silver car drives off can hear an explosion and people look up to the flyover, then another explosion under the flyover clearly that one cant come from above...

Getting more and more chaotic no one can tell whos doing what to who...

Quite clearly here you can see the PDRC guy has a gun hidden in a bag.... So peaceful arn't they.

We been saying for weeks, there is a group of armed masked men marching with Suthep and there to protect him and the mob. Video of the day this and had a great outing on Twitter as well. Which means Reauters, AFP, BBC. All seen Sutheps peacuful protesters not obstructing polls.

Make is so much harder for the army to coup now. This video speaks a million words about this disgusting spectacle of a mob let loose in Bangkok by the Elites in order to get at their prize. Which is also out in the open now.

By the way they were moving, one behind the other, the man behind spotting for the shooter, they look military trained in my opinion.

PDRC appear well armed, but then, they have lots of money behind them and powerful figures preventing the police from arresting them or taking action against them

Can I ask how you know for certain that was PDRC?

• Like 1

Trouble maker red shirt ko tee up to his usual stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yeah- not respecting the right of fascists to deny the Thai people a right to choose the gov't of their choice.

GET USED TO IT,

• Like 2

RT@RichardBarrow: VIDEO: Gunfire & explosions in #Bangkok on the eve of national elections - RT @go6tv: คลิปปะทะ แยกหลักสี่ youtube.com/watch?v=_wVmQA… #Thailand

Army captain, , army badge tried to run over protesters to get away. High ranking as well which is why I think the voters set about the car instead of him.

Army been far too involved helping PDRC. Do they think that endears people to them or what?

BfYY6eUCIAExHP-.jpg

• Like 1

a man pulled an assault rifle from a bag and began spraying bullets WHY DON"T THEY JUST SAY IT AS IT IS! RED SHIRTS opened fire!

cos its not ,its unhappy thais who cant work or vote because of sutheps rats who has robbed them of their basic right s

Those three guys at the PDRC march do look like military to me too. All the same, walky-talkies strapped to the same place, same black caps.

• Like 1

From what I understand on Pantip (and I hope its true), the mob are my heroes. A group trying to move protestors away from the Laksi polling station. They say the car ran them down, and they were attacking it in revenge. The sticks they had came from the flags they were carrying in the march.

These people aren't forcing you to vote for their party, they're forcing open the polling station so you can vote for any of the candidates and any of the parties on the party list, including any of the opposition parties.

They're freedom fighters. Defenders of the constitutional right to vote.

Defenders of the constitution

What a joke. Do really think the constitution and democracy is just about freedom to vote.

If they reallly knew what the constitution was about they would be including almost all if the higher gov and YL as well for.

Before you start making these terrorists a heroe you may want to go online and read your constitution.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Can I ask how you know for certain that was PDRC?

Perhaps because they run from the direction of the PDRC protestors, ahead of them, and shooting towards a different direction (where the red shirts are).

Makes it quite simple to understand, all in my opinion of course.

this is the result of Yingluck's insistence to have elections.

Very predictable.

Yingluks insistence on letting Thais (including you) choose a leader that might not be her. Yeh what a bitch, /sarcasm.

Maybe she's ignorant ... same as these farang reporters .... maybe she doesn't understand Thai people & culture and can not understand and predict the violence that her actions will bring ...

either that .. she either doesn't understand ... or she doesn't care.

because the violence has been very predictable

And it will get worse.

so what else can we think about her ...

this election .. or not losing face ... is so important to her that she is willing for Thai people to be killed.

• Like 1