World Cup On Tv

dantilley

At least they posted me the schedule for Thai terrestrial TV. Bit muddled but just add a couple zeros for the time and the channel is on the end.

First round schedule:

June 9th 2006

Group Team Time Stadium channel

A German - Costa Rica 23 Munich 3,5,7,9,11,ITV

A Poland - Ecuador 2 Gelsenkirchen 5

June 10th 2006

B England - Paraguay 20 Frankfurt 7

B Trinidad - Sweden 23 Dortmund 9

C Argentina - Ivory C 2 Hamburg 11

June 11th 2006

Group Team Time Stadium Channel

C Serbia- Holland 20 Leipzig ITV

D Mexico - Iran 23 Nuremberg 5

D Angola - Portugal 2 Cologne 7

June 12th 2006

F Australia- Japan 20 Kaiserslautern 9

E USA- Czech Rep 23 Gelsenkirchen 11

E Italy - Ghana 2 Hanover ITV

June 13th 2006

G South Korea- Togo 20 Frankfurt 3

G France - Switzerland 23 Stuttgart 7

F Brazil - Croatia 2 Berlin 9

June 14th 2006

H Spain - Ukraine 20 Leipzig 11

H Tunisia - Saudi Arabia 23 Munich ITV

A German -Poland 2 Dortmund 3

June 15th 2006

A Acuador - Costa Rica 20 Hamburg 5

B England- Trinidad 23 Nuremberg 9

B Sweden - Paraguay 2 Berlin 11

June 16th 2006

C Argentina - Serbia 20 Gelsenkirchen ITV

C Holland - Ivory Coast 23 Stuttgart 3

D Mexico - Angola 2 Hanover 5

17-Jun-06

D Portugal - Iran 20 Frankfurt 7

E Czech Rep. - Ghana 23 Cologne 11

E Italy - USA 2 Kaiserslautern ITV

18-Jun-06

F Japan - Croatia 20 Nuremberg 3

F Brazil - Australia 23 Munich 5

G France – Korea Rep. 2 Leipzig 7

19-Jun-06

G Togo - Switzerland 20 Dortmund 9

H Saudi Arabia - Ukra 23 Hamburg ITV

H Spain - Tunisia 2 Stuttgart 3

20-Jun-06

A Ecuador - Germany 21 Berlin 5

A Costa Rica - Poland 21 Hanover 7

B Paraguay - Trinidad 2 Kaiserslautern 11

B Sweden - England 2 Cologne 9

21-Jun-06

D Iran - Angola 21 Leipzig 5

D Portugal - Maxico 21 Gelsenkirchen 3

C Netherlands - Argentina 2 Frankfurt 7

C Ivory Coast - Serbia 2 Munich 9

22-Jun-06

E Czech Rep. - Italy 21 Hamburg 11

E Ghana - USA 21 Nuremberg ITV

F Japan - Brazil 2 Dortmund 5

F Croatia - Australia 2 Stuttgart 7

23-Jun-06

H Ukraine - Tunisia 21 Berlin 11

H Saudi Arabia - Spain 21 Kaiserslautern 9

G Togo - France 2 Cologne ITV

G Switzerland – Korea 2 Hanover 3

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just been explained to me by a mate in BKK who seems to know what he is talking about.

Every country does a deal with FIFA to receive the live transmsion of the TV pictures from Germany. There is only one live transmsission - not BBC, not ITV or whatever, just a German production team, approved by FIFA. Then each country have their own commentators at the ground to broadcast commentaries back to their home country. The ones who can't afford this may buy some 'generic' sound track from a FIFA enaged team. So the Chang guy just bought the picture rights - there aren't any sound rights to buy, unless he buys them separately from FIFA, and why would he do that in a Thai speaking country? It is unclear whether the Thai comnmentators are in Germany, or in the studios in Thailand - Probably in Thaialnd - but it is irrelevant, they won't have the English commentary.

With regards to the hotels, apparently there are special packages that FIFA can sell to the better hotels, and transmit through a special links, scrambled channels etc. Don't really follow it, but it is possible I suppose.

My friend isn't even convinced that The South African package will carry the World Cup. :o We shall see. :D

My friend isn't even convinced that The South African package will carry the World Cup. :o We shall see. :D

Supersport, which is the South African sport channel through M-net, is showing all the games.

http://www.supersport.co.za/default.asp?id=11818&des=content

I don't know if our friend at Dhospaak will be able to stop those pubs with M-net supscription from showing the games.

Why would they do that in their country indeed... ###### the thousands of expats :o

There is of course the P2P streaming option by the likes of PPLive if you know a bar with a good connection. Could be a problem with buffering but bound to be loads of people doing it during the World Cup. A mate uses the programme in the UK when he can't get certain Premiership games and he says it seems to work well enough. Thing is, he has a 2meg connection :D

I've just got on to UBC to try and get the definitive answer to our language concerns.

Even though I speak good Thai, the thought of 90mins worth of "Beckam Krup, khao hai kup Wayne Looney Krup" and "Ooooh, SUPER-SAVE kong Robinson krup" would do my head in.

I'll let you know their reply.

where do they get the supersave crap from anyways?

My friend isn't even convinced that The South African package will carry the World Cup. :D We shall see. :D

Supersport, which is the South African sport channel through M-net, is showing all the games.

http://www.supersport.co.za/default.asp?id=11818&des=content

I don't know if our friend at Dhospaak will be able to stop those pubs with M-net supscription from showing the games.

finally, some FACTS...... great link ! now the question is, DOES any Thai cable network have that channel ? obviously, Sophon in PTY does NOT have it.... what about those networks in CM and Phuket ? need to choose my destination and book my room soon :o

Here is the rest of the TV schedule for the second round through to the final:

http://www.thaitv3.com/variety/worldcup/worldcup01.html#2

All times and dates are local time, day and date.

Second round

No. Day Date Time Fixture between Channel

(49) Sat. 24 June 22:00 Winner A v Runner-up B Ch.7

(50) Sun. 25 June 02:00 Winner C v Runner-up D Ch.9

(51) Sun. 25 June 22:00 Winner B v Runner-up A Ch.11

(52) Mon. 26 June 02:00 Winner D v Runner-up C ITV

(53) Mon. 26 June 22:00 Winner E v Runner-up F Ch.3

(54) Tue. 27 June 02:00 Winner G v Runner-up H Ch.5

(55) Tue. 27 June 22:00 Winner F v Runner-up G Ch.9

(56) Wed. 28 June 02:00 Winner H v Runner-up G Ch.11

Quarter-finals

(57) Fri. 30 June 22:00 Winner 49 v Winner 50 ITV

(58) Sat. 1 July 02:00 Winner 53 v Winner 54 Ch.3

(59) Sat. 1 July 22:00 Winner 51 v Winner 52 Ch.5

(60) Sun. 2 July 02:00 Winner 55 v Winner 56 Ch.7

Semi-finals

(61) Wed. 5 July 02:00 Winner 57 v Winner 58 All channels

(62) Thu. 6 July 02:00 Winner 53 v Winner 54 All channels

3rd place play-off

(63) Sun. 9 July 02:00 Loser 61 v Loser 62 Ch.3

Final

(64) Mon. 10 July 02:00 Winner 61 v Winner 62 All channels

There ain't nowhere on the net that is streaming English. I've been looking for weeks.

My last hope was the BBC broadband, because I couldn't see how they could block it. But they have - I tried to connect and got a message that it has been blocked because I'm outside the UK.

I'm mega pissed off as I planned to go down the road and watch the S. African telecast, but the wife's pissed off on the piss and I'm left looking after her son. (she was supposed to be home at 8.p.m!!)

Pissed off ain't f..cking word. :o:D

There ain't nowhere on the net that is streaming English. I've been looking for weeks.

My last hope was the BBC broadband, because I couldn't see how they could block it. But they have - I tried to connect and got a message that it has been blocked because I'm outside the UK.

I'm mega pissed off as I planned to go down the road and watch the S. African telecast, but the wife's pissed off on the piss and I'm left looking after her son. (she was supposed to be home at 8.p.m!!)

Unlucky, I feel for you "krap""krap""krap""krap""krap""krap""krap""krap"

Hope she gets home soon but will be too late.

No man should be treated like that! Get rid of her!

I'm watching with "khrap, na khrap". <deleted> crap.

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-05-31 16:36:58) *

I can't wait to see England fail miserably.

I'll be cheering a much better team - Spain.

dry.gif Did you inadvertently forget to add a smiley or are you really that sad?

Of course I'm only joking. :o But being a Scot, it's a nightmare every Thai supporting England.

Scots do love to see England let's say, not win.

Yes, he's very sad. But he's a Scot.

We English, on the other hand, tend to support Scotland especially in the World Cup because we hope to meet them later in the competition. And of course we remember great goals such as Archie Gemmel's goal against Holland in 1978, and great defeats such as 0-1 against Costa Rica in 1990.

This is f**king <deleted>!!!

UBC are a bunch of tossers, they can have my rented equipment back in a thousand pieces.

I hope someone can find an English video stream.

Does anyone know which bars in BKK will be showing live England games with English comentary?

Yes, he's very sad. But he's a Scot.

We English, on the other hand, tend to support Scotland especially in the World Cup because we hope to meet them later in the competition. And of course we remember great goals such as Archie Gemmel's goal against Holland in 1978, and great defeats such as 0-1 against Costa Rica in 1990.

And the 3-0 BATTERING dished out by Morocco in '98!!!

No man should be treated like that! Get rid of her!

I'm watching with "khrap, na khrap". <deleted> crap.

Did you notice how they were busy giving us details of an sms number to call while Costa Rica scored a f..king goal? What a bunch of piss pots. they're just watching - the same as us - they have no idea what's going on or who's kicking the bloody ball until they get a close up of th the back of the shirt - like us. What a bunch of tossers!

You're right - pissed off aint the f..cking word!! I've just had my first drink in 5 months and there aint much left in the bottle. I'm seriously pissed off - big time.

Good game though :D

What a load of <deleted> na khrap this commentary - ohh hoooh - is na khrap.

Cant we bombard the people in charge with emails? Too many games start at 2am and have to be watched at home - this is horrendous na khrap. Would rather just have the stadium noise and no commentary na khrap.

Ooooh hooohh...

Cant we bombard the people in charge with emails? Too many games start at 2am and have to be watched at home - this is horrendous na khrap. Would rather just have the stadium noise and no commentary na khrap.

Ooooh hooohh...

If you have UBC switching to English will just give you stadium sound, unfortunately not on all the channels.

How pathetic to have the opening game on 6 Thai channels with nothing in English. Same coverage, same adverts...same same but different, they really know how to make themselves look like idiots to the farang.

Ooooh hooohh...

If you have UBC switching to English will just give you stadium sound, unfortunately not on all the channels.

How pathetic to have the opening game on 6 Thai channels with nothing in English. Same coverage, same adverts...same same but different, they really know how to make themselves look like idiots to the farang.

Seems like my box won't do that. Mmmmm-hmmmm.... I have either Thai or Thai na khrap. Surely there must be some world cup radio available I could run in the background over the pc. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount na khrap.

Ooooh hooohh...

Seems like my box won't do that. Mmmmm-hmmmm.... I have either Thai or Thai na khrap. Surely there must be some world cup radio available I could run in the background over the pc. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount na khrap.

Eurosport.com and eurosport.com/uk are doing live streams of most matches in several languages, english included, England v Paraguay live.

Just trying to get on now with dail up, very slow even at this time so will probly be useless for myself, hope it helps you BB users.

As I said on another thread. That answers the question of commentry. There was none. Just two Thais, who no nothing about football passing the time of day, talking to each other. They seemed to forget there was a football match going on. :o