Will Thais be able to own business in Burma after AEC

WilliamCave

Anybody can own their own Company here, if you get correct permits/licences. Plenty of Thai's already do and many have for years. Certain business activities are restricted, you can get all the info you need from their 'one-stop' shop in Yangon which they set up for foreign investors.

• Like 1

Anybody can own their own Company here, if you get correct permits/licences. Plenty of Thai's already do and many have for years. Certain business activities are restricted, you can get all the info you need from their 'one-stop' shop in Yangon which they set up for foreign investors.

Do you have location or name of the govt department in Yamgon I think I will stop in there?

And how is there English and Thai is it used at that office and can is paper work they have in English?

Do you have location or name of the govt department in Yamgon I think I will stop in there?

And how is there English and Thai is it used at that office and can is paper work they have in English?

See attached map for location, red dot marks the location of the office. The office contains staff from a few Ministries including the Company Registration dept etc.

Thai is not used here at all, everything will be in English/Myanmar. They're set up to deal with foreigners and the idea is to offer them a 'one stop' shop, a good place to start if you're after basic info on the foreign investment law, company registration etc. Beware of anyone in there who directs you towards a 'consultant'...wink.png

post-64377-0-10345100-1391750493_thumb.p

• Like 1

See attached map for location, red dot marks the location of the office. The office contains staff from a few Ministries including the Company Registration dept etc.

Thai is not used here at all, everything will be in English/Myanmar. They're set up to deal with foreigners and the idea is to offer them a 'one stop' shop, a good place to start if you're after basic info on the foreign investment law, company registration etc. Beware of anyone in there who directs you towards a 'consultant'...wink.png

Thanks for the info

Thais shouldn't be allowed to own any business or real estate anywhere in the world because foreigners aren't allowed to own these in Thailand!

This doesn't make any sense at all. Any country can set or pass laws which regulate who can or cannot open up businesses in their country and what kind of businesses are legal.

Thais shouldn't be allowed to own any business or real estate anywhere in the world because foreigners aren't allowed to own these in Thailand!

I kind of agree though one must also consider the specifics as Thailand DOES allow foreigners to own certain types of property (generally only condominiums) and there are also provisions for outright ownership of land (provided it's located inside an industrial estate, not sure if it also has to be inside a free zone. However, in the case of Myanmar, every foreigner is treated the same when it comes to owning a business...Thais certainly don't get any special advantages and why should they...Myanmar citizens don't receive any special deals in Thailand either. In general, one doesn't hear much about Thais going overseas to purchase a business unless we're talking Thai restaurants or massage parlours. If you're American, Australian, Singaporean whatever you have the same level playing field in Myanmar as a Thai does.

Edited by Tomtomtom69